Karl's apology to Cousins

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Karl's apology to Cousins 

Post#1 » by Kings2013 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 9:11 pm

For those who missed it there was an article/video about this on csnbayarea
http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/karl-admits-fault-last-seasons-cousins-trade-controversy

Personally I think, this summer, Karl's only fault was the "I've had some great players and I've never had one player that I have said is untradeable" remark. I've never found anything to substantiate Woj's report that Karl was working to get Cousins traded, I personally think that was retaliatory on Cousins' agent's part but we might never know. I think Karl would have been fired personally if that was true. The 'untradeable' comment though was relationship shattering, and I was personally surprised then when public reaction was mixed, as that's how I feared it would turn out. Cousins doesnt have the personality to be power played, or have tough love, this is a sensitive and egotistical cat who is going to respond with a coach encourages and flatters while simultaneously gets on him.

For me, I've wondered if Karl had proper respect for Cousins game ever since he was fawning over Anthony Davis in the first days of whether or not he would be considered for the Kings position once Malone was fired https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSwuqjMMmlQ . Although that may be petty, it brings me today in that I wonder if Karl was coaching AD or some other top 5 type of player if he would have made those same remarks. As a fan of Cousins I'd like a coach who appreciates the talent, but this is all speculation.

I don't think Karl meant anything by those comments but from the interviews I think he's aging. When he was responding to Herenda earlier this year with the inflammatory comment he may not have understood the scope of the situation, or worse, he was responding to Cousins taking himself out of the lineup late last year for injury (?) for his own personal coaching accolades, which I will assume not.

In the end Karl was brought here in part to have a healthy relationship with our players, and with the apology it is a right step but he still has not perfectly performed his job. I hope in the future its all good
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Re: Karl's apology to Cousins 

Post#2 » by blind prophet » Thu Oct 8, 2015 9:43 pm

I've never really worried about it much, nor think this solves much either.

I think making the playoffs and looking like we are improving is about all you can do to keep some of the fellas here happy enough, and Karl should be able to give us a fighting chance if he still has it any more.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Re: Karl's apology to Cousins 

Post#3 » by Kings2013 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 9:58 pm

Hopefully they are on the same page, because if Cuz still subconsciously dislikes or feels not respected by Karl it could affect his play

Return to Sacramento Kings