ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings @ Hornets | Nov 23, 2015

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Re: Kings @ Hornets | Nov 23, 2015 

Post#21 » by PaKwAn » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:47 am

I still don't understand why Karl refuses to use wcs especially on defensive instances...
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Kings @ Hornets | Nov 23, 2015 

Post#22 » by City of Trees » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:49 am

PaKwAn wrote:I still don't understand why Karl refuses to use wcs especially on defensive instances...

Especially when his guards couldnt stop any penetration... We all knew Kemba was getting the ball at the end of the 4th..

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#23 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:51 am

Besides games where the officials screw us, this has to be the most frustrating loss in a long long time.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#24 » by Kings2013 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:52 am

Darren built up some good will last season and needs to get on track.

It's not good when people are questioning Karl so openly, and about his abilities

Still, this was going to be a tough game. Good effort for the most part. Really hope Cuz is not injured, we don't need this at all to start the season
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Post#25 » by PaKwAn » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:52 am

for all the drama Karl did during the summer this old fart can't even coach anymore...
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#26 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:00 am

Kings2013 wrote:Darren built up some good will last season and needs to get on track.

It's not good when people are questioning Karl so openly, and about his abilities

Still, this was going to be a tough game. Good effort for the most part. Really hope Cuz is not injured, we don't need this at all to start the season

A good start would be to stop asking him and Rondo for that matter to have to guard players nearly a foot taller or more on switches. :banghead:
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#27 » by City of Trees » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:21 am

I saw no benefit to playing small once Cousins went out. Gay wasn't able to rebound well at the 4 and the small guards weren't making shots or creating chaos for the Hornets. Kings were outsized and outmatched in guard play down the stretch and in OT. I would have liked to see Karl switch it up and get Ben and WCS back in there but I can see his reasoning for rolling with his closers.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#28 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:24 am

This not playing WCS is getting ridiculous.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#29 » by Wolfay » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:52 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:If the Kings lose this one, it needs to get laid right at the feet of George Karl. Just bad coaching. Bad recognition. The momentum turned once again when he went small at PG/SG.

Collison wasn't put back in until 1:30ish left in the game when the Hornets had already completed evaporated our lead.

The team moves away from the offense and starts forcing shots, and somehow that's Karl's fault. Uh, ok.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#30 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:57 am

Wolfay wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:If the Kings lose this one, it needs to get laid right at the feet of George Karl. Just bad coaching. Bad recognition. The momentum turned once again when he went small at PG/SG.

Collison wasn't put back in until 1:30ish left in the game when the Hornets had already completed evaporated our lead.

The team moves away from the offense and starts forcing shots, and somehow that's Karl's fault. Uh, ok.

The momentum turned at the end of the 3rd. The Kings were up 20 at the point Collison came in for Casspi. The lead began to evaporate at that point. The Kings allowed almost half of the points they gave up in the 3rd from the time he went small at SG on.

Then on the final play defensively he puts in Rondo, Collison, Belinelli, Gay, and Casspi. How did that one end again? I'd say it was a great shot by Gay at the end to tie it but considering how overtime looked...
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Kings2013 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:09 am

Karl has been over using players.

Rondo has played 40+ way too much. If Rondo and DC don't fit lessen Rondos minutes so DC can be a change of pace back up. Of course at this point DC should earn what minutes he has
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#32 » by Wolfay » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:26 am

Kings2013 wrote:Karl has been over using players.

Rondo has played 40+ way too much. If Rondo and DC don't fit lessen Rondos minutes so DC can be a change of pace back up. Of course at this point DC should earn what minutes he has

What is he supposed to do? Neither Collison or Curry are at full health, and despite Collsion not being a an SG, he's our most consistent one. Your (and nearly everyone else's) expectations aren't in line with the reality of the situation.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#33 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:48 am

Wolfay wrote:

What is he supposed to do? Neither Collison or Curry are at full health, and despite Collsion not being a an SG, he's our most consistent one. Your (and nearly everyone else's) expectations aren't in line with the reality of the situation.

Were the expectations to be the WORST defensive team in the league? I mean, if we didn't just see a good chunk of near lock down defense in the 3rd, and at other times near lock down defense when the right rotations were used it would be one thing, but it's not. That shows they are capable if used correctly. Against some teams going small like that may work, but just in the last handful of games we've seen coaches counter and it be the nail right then an there.
SacSanity
Senior
And1: 89

Post#34 » by SacSanity » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:44 am

8 mins for WCS.... wtf
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#35 » by jeffjtk1234 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:54 am

Game was on Karl just a joke of a loss

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Kings2013 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:50 am

And as far as Belinelli is concerned... I don't know what to say about this. The good will from the preseason is long gone, as he is leading the team in negative +/- again (-23). Yes he plays out of position at the three a lot, and yes an inordinate amount of his shots are contested and seem scripted, but we are not at the point where I don't like to see him entering the game. I'm not Ben's biggest supporter but he is improving and he is now the steady hand at that position, as surprising as it is. Marco's minutes need curtailing if to match his play if it continues
HUBlackstar83
Junior
And1: 16

Post#37 » by HUBlackstar83 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:40 pm

it sure woulda been nice to have WCS protecting the rim. Walker was getting into the paint at will. We're not a good enough team defensively to have him on just being a bench warmer, smh.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#38 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:55 pm

Wolfay wrote:

Play WCS more than 8 minutes especially when we are desperate for rim protection. Stop playing small ball when we are getting shredded at the rim. Stop playing two point guards when Batum is slotted at SG especially when we had two actual SGs playing well this game. Stop running at such a ridiculous pace that doesn't match the personnel. Stop having Cousins spend more time at the damn three point line then the low post when he has people like Zeller or Gordon (from the Magic game) guarding him.

I hate to say it but I saw this coming miles away. From the moment I saw Karl's name I was like "god please no". This guy belongs in a retirement home; not on an NBA sideline. He has a track record of underachievement. There's no way to sugar coat this.

We consistently lose to teams that aren't even close to as talented as us. We have no identity as a team. We have absolutely no consistency when it comes to a rotation. No one knows their role on the team outside of Rondo and Cousins. We make stupid turnovers every game. We don't play to our team's strengths. We don't adjust to what the other team is doing. Our freaking head coach does less in game coaching than his assistants. These are all hallmarks of bad coaching. I wish he would do us a favor and just retire.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#39 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:59 pm

Kings2013 wrote:And as far as Belinelli is concerned... I don't know what to say about this. The good will from the preseason is long gone, as he is leading the team in negative +/- again (-23). Yes he plays out of position at the three a lot, and yes an inordinate amount of his shots are contested and seem scripted, but we are not at the point where I don't like to see him entering the game. I'm not Ben's biggest supporter but he is improving and he is now the steady hand at that position, as surprising as it is. Marco's minutes need curtailing if to match his play if it continues

Belinelli is being put in a position to fail. We're using him like he's a prime Ray Allen or a Kyle Korver. We're running an absurd amount of action with him as the focal point. Totally incorrect way to utilize him. He's a spot up shooter and a secondary ball handler.

I truly do not understand this teams rotations. Every single game and even half-to-half they are entirely different. Can you imagine being a player and not knowing if you will start or be a DNP going into the game, not know what position you will be playing, not knowing what minutes you will get? Its a complete mystery and appears to be entirely random and not based on in game performance, the matchups, or any other conceivable strategic consideration. This is Byron Scott level at this point.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by Kings2013 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:34 am

Grant said Cuz was not moving well last night and could be out against Milwaukee.. Hopefully he's not out an extended period. His injuries have been wreaking havoc on our season

Return to Sacramento Kings