ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings vs Bulls | Feb 3, 2016

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: Kings vs Bulls | Feb 3, 2016 

Post#21 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Feb 4, 2016 8:39 am

KF10 wrote:This isn't getting any better you guys. The whole thing is an entire bust. From the players to the coaching staff. :banghead:

Right now it might just turn into a numbers game. The Kings can't afford to come out of this next road trip at even a .500 clip probably. They are starting to get too far away from .500 ball and the 7-8 seed spot is starting to flatten out into about that area as the necessary win percentage. If the Kings are indeed the .500 team they look like they are with Cuz, fighting out of the hole they created to start the year is going to leave them coming up a bit short.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#22 » by Kings2013 » Thu Feb 4, 2016 4:42 pm

I don't even think in terms of playoffs now, but firstly top 10 pick

This was supposed to be the more manageable section of the schedule, we will probably be flattened by that post all star stretch

Changes in the off season comin'
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#23 » by Kings2013 » Thu Feb 4, 2016 4:50 pm

City of Trees wrote:So was the intentional foul Karl or not? That was just stupid.

Belly scores like 18 but gives up career high to Moore. Dammit.

Again, as I do after every game, I question whether this roster has reached it's potential or is coaching holding them back?

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Do the results match the team on paper? To me no
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Re: RE: Re: Kings vs Bulls | Feb 3, 2016 

Post#24 » by 2Mas » Thu Feb 4, 2016 4:57 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
City of Trees wrote:So was the intentional foul Karl or not? That was just stupid.

Again, as I do after every game, I question whether this roster has reached it's potential or is coaching holding them back?

There's no doubt in my mind this would be a 50 win team under Malone. They'd be playing big all the time, grinding it out with post up play, getting the other team in foul trouble, and controlling the pace.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Agreed. WCS would be a monster like he was a couple ago. Even if they had Thibbs. Their defense would be sick. rondo needs to step up his perimeter d. Its frustrating, cause there's distinct plays where he's trying & he locks up, but its just not consistent.

& I'm not a big Harden fan, but he said that it's tough to play 40mpg, be the offense & be 100% locked in on defense. I'm not giving his terrible d a pass, but its true. You have have Rondo (turf toe) & Cuz (all beat up), toughin it out just to play, playing them 35-40mpg & playing the best defensive big they have a grand old 17mins.

I'm not sure really what to do with this team. I do enjoy the Rondo-WCS-Cuz dynamic. A wing upgraded is needed. If it was up to me, DC & KK would gtfoh asap. For the money that their making & what they do, Sac can do much better.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Re: RE: Re: Kings vs Bulls | Feb 3, 2016 

Post#25 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Feb 4, 2016 8:42 pm

2Mas wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:

There's no doubt in my mind this would be a 50 win team under Malone. They'd be playing big all the time, grinding it out with post up play, getting the other team in foul trouble, and controlling the pace.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Agreed. WCS would be a monster like he was a couple ago. Even if they had Thibbs. Their defense would be sick. rondo needs to step up his perimeter d. Its frustrating, cause there's distinct plays where he's trying & he locks up, but its just not consistent.

& I'm not a big Harden fan, but he said that it's tough to play 40mpg, be the offense & be 100% locked in on defense. I'm not giving his terrible d a pass, but its true. You have have Rondo (turf toe) & Cuz (all beat up), toughin it out just to play, playing them 35-40mpg & playing the best defensive big they have a grand old 17mins.

I'm not sure really what to do with this team. I do enjoy the Rondo-WCS-Cuz dynamic. A wing upgraded is needed. If it was up to me, DC & KK would gtfoh asap. For the money that their making & what they do, Sac can do much better.

He was doing more with far less. For as mediocre as Koufos is he's a clear upgrade over JT. Rondo is obviously better than McCallum or Miller. Belinelli, even in a slump, is light years ahead of Stauskas. WCS is like Chamberlain compared to Hollins. Casspi is playing at career best levels. Yet we have nothing to show for these improvements.

The sad part is this team seems perfectly constructed to play the Malone style. Cousins/Koufos/Gay all operate best in the post. Rondo is really freaking good at feeding the post or lining up a third guy to make a quick feed in the case of a front. Casspi/McLemore/Beli/DC can all spread the floor as shooters in these post up scenarios. WCS is an excellent second big to play off a post-big.

On paper, we are just as good as the Grizzlies/Rockets/Mavericks of the world. Unfortunately, we continue to be the most unprofessional team in the entire league. Its a joke really. As I've said multiple times it starts from the very top. Vivek is the real blame. I know that's an unpopular opinion around here because he "saved" the team but how long does that goodwill last? Ineptitude is ineptitude.

Return to Sacramento Kings