Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1121 » by sacking123 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 9:49 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:
KingsMilz wrote:Ty is just going whats best for the team and forcing the team to play the young guys if only Tolliver/AA had joined him

I think AA will join him, well he will join AA

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I understand the jokes and what not. I almost made a few on twitter but had to stop and think. If he really has a problem or is an addicted, it probable isn't a joking matter.

Yes I agree, just in case Ty reads RealGM and gets upset.
Maybe you should take it upon yourself to help Ty out then

Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#1122 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 10:32 pm

simonbampfield wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:I think AA will join him, well he will join AA

I understand the jokes and what not. I almost made a few on twitter but had to stop and think. If he really has a problem or is an addicted, it probable isn't a joking matter.

Yes I agree, just in case Ty reads RealGM and gets upset.
Maybe you should take it upon yourself to help Ty out then

Was just trying to be decent. Forgot this is the internet.

Do you homie. :beer: :giveup: :dontknow:
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#1123 » by KF10 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:10 pm

Cut Ty and bring in Isaiah Cousins.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1124 » by City of Trees » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:12 pm

KF10 wrote:Cut Ty and bring in Isaiah Cousins.

Hope to recreate some of that Oklahoma backcourt magic?

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1125 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:01 am

City of Trees wrote:
KF10 wrote:Cut Ty and bring in Isaiah Cousins.

Hope to recreate some of that Oklahoma backcourt magic?

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

I forgot all about that angle. (As I google Cousin's D-league stats)
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1126 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:09 am

One of the first interviews Buddy did he mentioned something about trying to get Cousins up to the main squad.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 525

Post#1127 » by Silver Man » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:21 am

If Vlade and Vivek are all about changing the culture like they say they are, then we have to immediately cut Lawson.

With that being said I hope Lawson gets the help he needs.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#1128 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:48 am

Silver Man wrote:If Vlade and Vivek are all about changing the culture like they say they are, then we have to immediately cut Lawson.

Should they cut Collison too?

I think the culture reference was more about being a positive on the court and in the locker room. DMC never had any issues off the court.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#1129 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:51 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:One of the first interviews Buddy did he mentioned something about trying to get Cousins up to the main squad.

They have a short hand together. Would be nice for them to get back together. Cousins has to earn it tho. His stats aren't bad in Reno.

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Isaiah-Cousins/Summary/42414#D-League
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 525

Post#1130 » by Silver Man » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:22 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
Silver Man wrote:If Vlade and Vivek are all about changing the culture like they say they are, then we have to immediately cut Lawson.

I think the culture reference was more about being a positive on the court and in the locker room. DMC never had any issues off the court.

What I am saying is if Vivek and Vlade are going to go on record saying character and culture matters then practice what you preach. If Lawson violates his probation after getting a chance no other team would give him then he needs to be cut. Otherwise what they "preached" loses all validation.

Collison was also a one time deal and served a suspension. Barnes, and Lawson are repeat offenders.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#1131 » by JohnWillow » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:33 am

lmao few Knicks fans hating on Porzingis, wanting him to trade for this years Nets pick. :rofl:

I would give them both our lottery picks for him in a heartbeat. :lol: :D :D
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,504

Post#1132 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:18 am

JohnWillow wrote:lmao few Knicks fans hating on Porzingis, wanting him to trade for this years Nets pick. :rofl:

I would give them both our lottery picks for him in a heartbeat. :lol: :D :D

Uh no, I would rather trade those lottery picks for the #1 pick in the draft.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#1133 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:05 am

Silver Man wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

What I am saying is if Vivek and Vlade are going to go on record saying character and culture matters then practice what you preach. If Lawson violates his probation after getting a chance no other team would give him then he needs to be cut. Otherwise what they "preached" loses all validation.

Collison was also a one time deal and served a suspension. Barnes, and Lawson are repeat offenders.

That makes sense.

I think it's somewhat separate and deeper than that tho.

First, thing is Vlade never mentioned character when talking about the trade of DMC or waiving of Barnes iirc. When referencing the Cousins deal he brings up culture change. In that comment he also specifically mentioned that Lawson had been good for the team. I'm assuming here that he meant on the court and in the locker room strictly because that is the vibe I get. I could be wrong about that aspect.

Here is the whole quote from the SacBee interview:

Q: Why waive Matt Barnes? Was this because he was no longer needed to police DeMarcus? Or a response to many in your organization who wanted Barnes waived after his altercation in the New York nightclub?

A: Ailene, I want to build a culture, and he didn’t fit in my culture. Before we were just talking, preaching. But if we’re going to do it, you do it. The good thing about our situation now is that we have some very nice assets, a few more shooting guards, and time to take a look at Willie (Cauley-Stein), Skal (Labissiere) and Malachi (Richardson) when he gets healthy, and Georgios Papagiannis. Ty Lawson has been very good for us, and Darren (Collison) is playing well, and he will be a free agent. Kosta (Koufas) has been good. We have (Bogdan) Bogdanovic coming over next season as another asset.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article135024309.html#storylink=cpy

So maybe you're right and he doesn't fit in Vlade's culture anymore. But it's also possible that Lawson has a problem that the team is willing to work with him on because they value what he brings to the culture more than what his problem takes away.

We found out that wasn't the case with Barnes and of course DMC but we have yet to see if that is the case with Lawson. Depending on the actual offense, I don't know that it would warrant a cut IMO.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
KingsMilz
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#1134 » by KingsMilz » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:35 pm

I've been trying to figure out who in the current NBA reminded me of Buddy and it finally hit me on offense he /dribbles and has the same shooting technique EXACTLY like Wes Mathews the resemblance is unreal he even wears that sleeve like Wes.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1135 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:07 pm

Yeah, they're both of the tank SG variety. I'd say Hield has a bit faster release on his shot though. Hence the Curry comparisons I'm guessing.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#1136 » by sacking123 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:13 am

I think what the Kings need to be mindful of is, and it's something that happens quite a bit here is squeeze players out.
We need to look at it like WCS, Skal, Buddy, Malachi, Bogdan, Temple and maybe #6 and #8 need to be in our rotation for a rebuild. Papa G (who will benefit from 1 more full year at G League) and #35 as development guys.
That's already 8 players in the rotation. I probably look at the 2 lottery picks as taking up one spot in the rotation.
IMO that leaves one spot in the rotation and then fill out the roster with guys that know why they are here, good training players that are going to give the young guys hell at practise and be good pros (hard to find but possible).
That is why Vlade should swing from the fences for the best PG or PF this off season, over pay for a 4 year deal for one of the players in said position.
All in all I can already see a log jam being created here, I just would hate to see Vlade go down the same path as previous regimes

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
Tatanka
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#1137 » by Tatanka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:26 am

Don't know where to put this clip. Bogdanovic yesterday 26pts, 8asist.

JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#1138 » by JohnWillow » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:10 am

Tatanka wrote:Don't know where to put this clip. Bogdanovic yesterday 26pts, 8asist.

That music lmao

Bogdan keeps playing well.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#1139 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:41 am

JohnWillow wrote:
Tatanka wrote:Don't know where to put this clip. Bogdanovic yesterday 26pts, 8asist.

That music lmao

Bogdan keeps playing well.

I always mute youtube scouting vids and provide my own soundtrack.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Tatanka
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#1140 » by Tatanka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:27 pm

I changed video since last one is not working anymore.
Forgot to say that he is playing more on PG position now because his coach wants 5 guys with huge arms. He is not so great in finding others(like Teodosic) but still find shoots for himself. His primary position is SG, the most shots he take are after screens, similar to Ray Allen.

Return to Sacramento Kings