ImageImageImageImageImage

Execs don't expect Cousins to re-sign in 2018

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Mr Gametime
Junior
And1: 117

Execs don't expect Cousins to re-sign in 2018 

Post#1 » by Mr Gametime » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:24 am

It's expected that Cousins will leave in 2018 with this being said what does Sacramento do with it's star player, Trade him or ride it out? With Rudy Gay also demanding a trade this off season is it time to blow up the kings? Possible moves...

Philly has a lot of 1st round draft picks and Could use a Scorer like Gay, getting multiple lottery picks next season would help speed up the rebuilding process for Sacramento. They also have the depth up front to offer a package for Cousins.

OKC is rebuilding and it's been said that they want to trade Westbrook, he'd be great value for Cousins with one more year on his contract. Maybe even a package involving Westbrook, Kanter and Morrow for Cousins, Gay and Afflalo?

Other teams like Phoenix and the Bucks could be possible trading partners....

So what do the Kings do?

Source http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243196/Execs-Dont-Expect-DeMarcus-Cousins-To-Re-Sign-With-Kings-In-2018
When the rich rob the poor it's called business, when the poor fight back it's called violence.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Execs don't expect Cousins to re-sign in 2018 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:32 am

Mr Gametime wrote:It's expected that Cousins will leave in 2018 with this being said what does Sacramento do with it's star player, Trade him or ride it out? With Rudy Gay also demanding a trade this off season is it time to blow up the kings? Possible moves...

Philly has a lot of 1st round draft picks and Could use a Scorer like Gay, getting multiple lottery picks next season would help speed up the rebuilding process for Sacramento. They also have the depth up front to offer a package for Cousins.

OKC is rebuilding and it's been said that they want to trade Westbrook, he'd be great value for Cousins with one more year on his contract. Maybe even a package involving Westbrook, Kanter and Morrow for Cousins, Gay and Afflalo?

So what do the Kings do?

Source http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243196/Execs-Dont-Expect-DeMarcus-Cousins-To-Re-Sign-With-Kings-In-2018

What?

Also, GMs thought Love was gone too. But OKC just extended Westbrook.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:54 pm

Your story has only one league exec quoted but your thread title says Execs. Also this one quote is purely subjective. Does this really deserve its own thread when we have so much boogie talk in the trade thread?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Sheva7
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#4 » by Sheva7 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:41 pm

This is completely pointless. There is one quote from a league exec which could easily be completely made up. Also it's pretty obvious that league execs and media would say he is expected to leave because that is what they want. What they say couldn't be anymore irrelevant. All that matters is what our FO wants and what cousins wants. Until cousins even gives a small hint that he doesn't want to be in Sacramento I'm not going to expect him to leave. Especially when he says the exact opposite.

Rudy gay has not demanded a trade so that is also not true.

Lastly, OKC has no interest in trading Westbrook especially after extending him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#5 » by Wolfay » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:54 pm

City of Trees wrote:Your story has only one league exec quoted but your thread title says Execs. Also this one quote is purely subjective. Does this really deserve its own thread when we have so much boogie talk in the trade thread?

I'll approve. For now.

It's the deadest part of the offseason, the trade thread hasn't been active in two weeks, and the OP had the decency to use title the wiretap article used.

And FYI, if anyone has any issue or comment about anything on the board, whether it be a topic, a poster or anything else, KF10 and myself are only a PM away! (ICMTM is on extended leave) We like posters who speak up, but PM or a report is usually the best way to go. Thank you.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: Execs don't expect Cousins to re-sign in 2018 

Post#6 » by City of Trees » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Wolfay wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Your story has only one league exec quoted but your thread title says Execs. Also this one quote is purely subjective. Does this really deserve its own thread when we have so much boogie talk in the trade thread?

I'll approve. For now.

It's the deadest part of the offseason, the trade thread hasn't been active in two weeks, and the OP had the decency to use title the wiretap article used.

And FYI, if anyone has any issue or comment about anything on the board, whether it be a topic, a poster or anything else, KF10 and myself are only a PM away! (ICMTM is on extended leave) We like posters who speak up, but PM or a report is usually the best way to go. Thank you.

Copy that.

Mr Gametime I shouldn't have said what I did in regards to this post not needing it's own thread.

teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#7 » by teerfour+40LG » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:57 pm

I am not trading Cousins ever, unless of course he asks to be traded, and if he does then I am sending him where he wants to go without a care for the return package, but I expect him to re-sign, and I hope the Kings don't take advantage of him by offering him less than the max or not doing their best to fix the team.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#8 » by blind prophet » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:57 am

Wolfay wrote:

I'll approve. For now.

Is the OP a Toronto fan?

My only concern is the trolling/amusement potential.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#9 » by blind prophet » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:00 am

bondom34 wrote:
Mr Gametime wrote:It's expected that Cousins will leave in 2018 with this being said what does Sacramento do with it's star player, Trade him or ride it out? With Rudy Gay also demanding a trade this off season is it time to blow up the kings? Possible moves...

So what do the Kings do?

What?

Also, GMs thought Love was gone too. But OKC just extended Westbrook.

Your organization is interesting with a loss and a stay put.

Seen both recently.

Personally, the article will get clicks. I don't think any current thought or opinion will be worth much this season.

It's next year where its probably going to count. Maybe Sac wants out at that point, maybe Boogie says something or wants to extend.
c3j3h
Senior
And1: 135

Post#10 » by c3j3h » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:27 am

teerfour+40LG wrote:I am not trading Cousins ever, unless of course he asks to be traded, and if he does then I am sending him where he wants to go without a care for the return package, but I expect him to re-sign, and I hope the Kings don't take advantage of him by offering him less than the max or not doing their best to fix the team.

I'm guessing your career doesn't involve asset management of any kind...
Slingblade
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#11 » by Slingblade » Sat Sep 3, 2016 8:46 am

The thing is cousins is an asset on his current contract. If he gets a max deal I dont think he is anymore. And we don't even know what a "max" deal will look like under the new CBA.

If i was the kings I'd be trading him immediately while I can get the most for him. You've got a team that in all likelihood isn't going .500 and you just loaded up with aging vets, it makes no sense.

I know the fan base is frustrated with the idea of tanking because they drafted so many terrible players in the past decade but the truth is the cupboard is bare in Sacramento other than Willie Cauley Stein who looks like a potential stud. Getting rid of Cousins allows him to move to his natural center position so his development isn't impeded. I don't expect Cousins to become a good 3 pt shooter so he doesn't pair very well with WCS. He only hit 28% of his corner 3s.

The draft is loaded with PG so you still have a chance to get one in the draft and trading Cousins allows you to recover slightly from that horrible 2019 pick trade
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#12 » by dalton749 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:01 am

He needs to be traded. There's too much negativity in sac town to try and continue with boogie. If they could get valanciunas, Powell, wright, siakim, 2017 first from Toronto, they should take it and run. Find homes for gay and possibly wcs after, get a high pick next year. Powell, siakim, and valanciunas is the start of a solid future with one of the wings/ guards in the upcoming draft.
Sheva7
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#13 » by Sheva7 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:10 pm

dalton749 wrote:He needs to be traded. There's too much negativity in sac town to try and continue with boogie.

This just isn't true at all. All negativity left with George Karl.

dalton749 wrote:If they could get valanciunas, Powell, wright, siakim, 2017 first from Toronto, they should take it and run.

This isn't even remotely close to the value that other teams would offer for cousins.

dalton749 wrote:Find homes for gay and possibly wcs after, get a high pick next year. Powell, siakim, and valanciunas is the start of a solid future with one of the wings/ guards in the upcoming draft.

So we should trade Cousins and then trade WCS too? That might be the worst suggestion I have ever seen on this forum. If we move Cousins, WCS is the absolute last player we would trade. Also, having Cousins alone for at least two years is a much more solid future then having those guys instead.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: Execs don't expect Cousins to re-sign in 2018 

Post#14 » by City of Trees » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:54 pm

dalton749 wrote:He needs to be traded. There's too much negativity in sac town to try and continue with boogie. If they could get valanciunas, Powell, wright, siakim, 2017 first from Toronto, they should take it and run. Find homes for gay and possibly wcs after, get a high pick next year. Powell, siakim, and valanciunas is the start of a solid future with one of the wings/ guards in the upcoming draft.

He may need to be traded but not for that package.

Zaccai
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#15 » by Zaccai » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:50 am

I think it depends on if the Kings can make it the playoffs.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#16 » by simon24 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:58 am

Zaccai wrote:I think it depends on if the Kings can make it the playoffs.

I doubt they can make it. West too deep. Teams that didn't make the playoffs like Denver got a better chance.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#17 » by Warriorfan » Fri Oct 7, 2016 2:38 am

It's in both sides interest to give Cousins a max extension with an opt out clause. Cousins gets better security and Sac a better trade chip if he is to be traded.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#18 » by Jkam31 » Fri Oct 7, 2016 7:08 am

Warriorfan wrote:It's in both sides interest to give Cousins a max extension with an opt out clause. Cousins gets better security and Sac a better trade chip if he is to be traded.

He probably does the Westbrook extension and could possibly lead to Wall coming here

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to Sacramento Kings