ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA 2017 Draft thread. 5th pick and 10th pick.

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: NBA 2017 Draft prospect thread. 

Post#21 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:28 am

Bridges reminds me a little bit of Paul Millsap. I remember the Carmelo comparisons coming out of high school but I don't see it. This guy is a PF with SF skills.

Isaac, Bridges, Tatum, Leaf, there is some good talent in the draft outside of the PG's. The only player I would stay clear of is Harry Giles. I don't see it and I think his knees are shot.
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#22 » by 916fan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:56 am

City of Trees wrote:My favorite player in this draft could end up being Dennis Smith Jr. I see a Chris Paul/Kyle Lowry mixture when I watch him. He has to have the highest floor in this PG class. He has Eastern All star potential written all over him. (No one is supplanting Westrook/Curry/Harden any time soon)

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

I love DSJ too. I think the Kings desperately need a bottom 5 pick. I don't think DSJ gets passed 5, but we'll have to see how the order shapes up at the end of the year.
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#23 » by 916fan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:00 am

JohnWillow wrote:I guess now we have to look into the guys who can help and be part of this team next season, we will likely have 2 first round picks, maybe Vlade can get more before the trade deadline ends.

Bogdanovic (who I really like) likely will come over here next season, WCS, Hield, Richardson, Skal, Papa will be our young core. What are we looking for in a draft? Point Guard, some forward?

For me the big need will be point guard, with Collison likely gone, I don't know about Lawson situation if he still wants to be part of the team coming next season. So if we are looking at the pg I like this french guy Frank Ntikilina.

As a prospect, I like Ntilikina a lot. Here's the big question, can you trust the Kings to develop him? I think this is where it gets hard. He's raw, and he'll be a project at PG. I don't know if Vlade and Co. have what it takes. I think the Kings should pass on project players. Our track record scares me. On the other hand, Papagiannis and Richardson have developed nicely. Skal? eh.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#24 » by KF10 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:13 am

Lauri Markkanen looks to be the next great shooting PF after Dirk and co, imo.
bibby1023
Bench Warmer
And1: 208

Post#25 » by bibby1023 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Anyone with insider want to fill us in on the picks?
Disclaimer- I know chad ford is a turd, Still curious who he has as the selections.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/18627409/chad-ford-nba-mock-draft-32-picks-lakers-celtics-sixers-more
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#26 » by JohnWillow » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:46 pm

Some international prospects, who can be draft and stash guys like Bogdanovic and some guys who are a likely coming over next season. Here some reading for yall.

#10 in mock draft Frank Ntikilina, 18 years old, PG, France, 6'5'', 170lbs.

Strenght and Weaknesses.

#15 in mock draft Isaiah Hartenstein. 18 years old, PF/C, Germany, 7'0", 225lbs.

Strenght and Weaknesses.

#18 in mock draft Rodions Kurucs, 19 years old, SF, Latvia, 6'8'', 190lbs. [b](Likely a draft and stash guy imo.)[/b]

Strenght and Weaknesses.

There is absolutely nothing about him on draft express or any other sites, but I somehow find a online stream to his game and have been watching his last 3 games, pretty impressive prospect, playing for his team as a point guard, athletic and with quick first step, but even with that quick first step he looks slow on the court. Good shooter can knock down some threes, can post up and shoot a jumper over either shoulder, obviously just turned 19, need to put some weight, very capable 1 on 1 defender, is really good rim protector for a SF. His weaknesses rebounding as a 6'8'' guy is bad and my NBA comparision for him is more athletic Spurs Kyle Anderson with better shooting touch.
I think he is not what we are looking for tbh.

#29 in mock draft Anzejs Pasecniks, 21 years old, C, Latvia, 7'2'', 229lbs.

Strenght and Weaknesses.

#34 in mock draft Jonathan Jeanne, 19 years old, PF/C, France, 7'2'', 195lbs.

Strenght and Weaknesses.

#39 in mock draft Mathias Lessort, 21 years old, PF/C, France, 6'9'', 250lbs.

Strenght and Weaknesses.

#50 in mock draft Jonah Bolden, 21 years old, PF, Australia, 6'10'', 215lbs.

There is nothing about his strengts or weaknesses in Draft Express lol.

#52 in mock draft Viny Okouo, 19 years old, C, DR Congo, 7'2'', 240 lbs.

Strenght and Weaknesses nothing lol

#57 in mock draft Alpha Kaba, 21 years old, PF/C, France, 6'10'', 226 lbs.

Nothing about him on draft express.

#58 in mock draft Aleksandar Vezenkov, 21 years old, SF/PF, Bulgaria, 6'9'', 225 lbs.

And that's it I guess.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
Kings_Spain
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#27 » by Kings_Spain » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:37 pm

I'm from Barcelona and fan of Barça. Aleksandar Vezenkov plays for my team, is a great player, so underrated in the mocks. If Kings acquire him in second round I think that the Kings are stealing a pick. I think that Vezenkov will play for Barça 1 or 2 more years, and come to the NBA, like Dario Saric with Sixers (from Efes). Vezenkov will be a great fit for Kings. I love him.

Rodions Kurucs plays for Barça B, but he can debut with the first team this week against Milano. The experts say that he is a great player.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by JohnWillow » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Just finished watching Frank Ntikilina game, he is sooo good. Big potential, he scored 15 points in a win. 6/8 from the field,including three 3 pointers.
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,673

Post#29 » by LordCovington33 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:27 pm

With Ersan and Nerlons now gone, the sixers are now in tank mode. Both our teams might get top 5 picks now. Feel gutted that Nerlons has been traded. Cannot imagine how you guys feel.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by JohnWillow » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:54 pm

simmbiid wrote:With Ersan and Nerlons now gone, the sixers are now in tank mode. Both our teams might get top 5 picks now. Feel gutted that Nerlons has been traded. Cannot imagine how you guys feel.

Fine..... because we have 8!!! freaking shooting guards on a roster.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,673

Post#31 » by LordCovington33 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:08 am

JohnWillow wrote:
simmbiid wrote:With Ersan and Nerlons now gone, the sixers are now in tank mode. Both our teams might get top 5 picks now. Feel gutted that Nerlons has been traded. Cannot imagine how you guys feel.

Jayson Tatum
Jonathon isaac
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by JohnWillow » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:15 am

simmbiid wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:

Jayson Tatum
Jonathon isaac

Frank Ntikilina :droop:
PetrieUnderstudy
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#33 » by PetrieUnderstudy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm all for let's try to get the 8th seed and screw the pick. It would at least mean the Pelicans pick is better for us and our young guys are competitive. So taking into consideration we don't win lottery we may have 1 or 2 later lottery type picks and 1 or 2 2nd round picks. I'd love Dennis Smith Jr but he'll likely be drafted by the time we pick so I'm listing more realistic options. I think we need a top end PG prospect and SF/PF types in 6'7 to 6'10 range.

1st round PG Frank Ntilikina 6'5 France - Some have said he has most upside as a prospect of any French player in years and maybe ever. France does boast Parker and Batum among others. I like his length, desire to facilitate, and defensive capabilities.

1st round SF Miles Bridges 6'7 Michigan St. - Great athlete with some bulk that can potentially guard the Durant, George types in the league. Watching his videos especially in high school he plays with a swagger and has gone head to head with Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum. Bridges is powerful/explosive where as a guy like Tatum is more finesse.

1st round wild card Mailk Monk 6'4 Kentucky - He's a flat out scorer. While we just kind of addressed that with Buddy Hield having another assassin wouldn't be such a bad thing. He's more athletic than Buddy. I'd just like to see more facilitation from him to be more of a combo guard.

2nd round options - 2nd rounders tend to have more holes in their games and the reason they're 2nd rounders but some names of intrigue for me are Semi Ojeleye 6'7 SMU shorter stretch 4 to replace Tolliver, Monte Morris 6'3 PG Iowa State playmaker, Cameron Oliver 6'8 PF Nevada he's from Sac, Dillon Brooks 6'7 Oregon just a all around basketball player.

I swear to you all I wanted Isaiah Thomas drafted few years back and as you know the rest is history. It will be interesting with March Madness to watch these prospects. The combine and work outs will change things a little but this is m early draft idea. In the meantime go out and get that 8th seed Kings!
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by JohnWillow » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:17 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:I'm all for let's try to get the 8th seed and screw the pick. It would at least mean the Pelicans pick is better for us and our young guys are competitive. So taking into consideration we don't win lottery we may have 1 or 2 later lottery type picks and 1 or 2 2nd round picks. I'd love Dennis Smith Jr but he'll likely be drafted by the time we pick so I'm listing more realistic options. I think we need a top end PG prospect and SF/PF types in 6'7 to 6'10 range.

1st round PG Frank Ntilikina 6'5 France - Some have said he has most upside as a prospect of any French player in years and maybe ever. France does boast Parker and Batum among others. I like his length, desire to facilitate, and defensive capabilities.

1st round SF Miles Bridges 6'7 Michigan St. - Great athlete with some bulk that can potentially guard the Durant, George types in the league. Watching his videos especially in high school he plays with a swagger and has gone head to head with Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum. Bridges is powerful/explosive where as a guy like Tatum is more finesse.

1st round wild card Mailk Monk 6'4 Kentucky - He's a flat out scorer. While we just kind of addressed that with Buddy Hield having another assassin wouldn't be such a bad thing. He's more athletic than Buddy. I'd just like to see more facilitation from him to be more of a combo guard.

2nd round options - 2nd rounders tend to have more holes in their games and the reason they're 2nd rounders but some names of intrigue for me are Semi Ojeleye 6'7 SMU shorter stretch 4 to replace Tolliver, Monte Morris 6'3 PG Iowa State playmaker, Cameron Oliver 6'8 PF Nevada he's from Sac, Dillon Brooks 6'7 Oregon just a all around basketball player.

I swear to you all I wanted Isaiah Thomas drafted few years back and as you know the rest is history. It will be interesting with March Madness to watch these prospects. The combine and work outs will change things a little but this is m early draft idea. In the meantime go out and get that 8th seed Kings!

I agree 100 % with everything you just said.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#35 » by codydaze » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:51 am

Watching the UCLA game and I'm not very impressed with Leaf but man, Lonzo Ball is really good.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#36 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:22 am

codydaze wrote:Watching the UCLA game and I'm not very impressed with Leaf but man, Lonzo Ball is really good.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Leaf does everything well. UCLA likes to go to different guys different nights, but I can see this kid being a productive player every night who could live at the line as a mobile skilled PF.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#37 » by City of Trees » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:23 am

Pick watch: Sixers lost tonight (thanks Melo!) Making them 1-1 since the break. Pelicans game is going down to the wire.

Edit: Pelicans lose to the Mavs by double digits. Now 0-2 with Boogie.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
FrodoBaggins
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,208

Post#38 » by FrodoBaggins » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:56 am

We are going to get 2 top 10 picks. I believe this.

Who do we take?
FrodoBaggins
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,208

Post#39 » by FrodoBaggins » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:30 am

I trust in Vlade to get Frank. He's euro after all.
c3j3h
Senior
And1: 135

Post#40 » by c3j3h » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:51 pm

I think that the Kings need to take a serious look at Malik Monk. I know it might sound crazy to some of you, given that Monk plays SG at Kentucky and we are overloaded with SGs, but I think Monk can be made into a PG someday in the same mold as Steph Curry. That would make him incredibly deadly and could turn him into a legit superstar.

I'm thinking that with 2 picks in the mid lottery this year, the ideal outcome for the Kings would involve getting Malik Monk plus one of Lauri Markkanen, Jayson Tatum, or Jonathan Isaac.

Return to Sacramento Kings