ImageImageImageImageImage

DeMarcus at the Pelicans

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

DeMarcus at the Pelicans 

Post#1 » by Lost in LA » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:34 am

Not trying to justify the trade, but the young man does not seem to be too happy there. He was really poor against Miami tonight.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: DeMarcus at the Pelicans 

Post#2 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:43 am

It has to be a punch in the gut to go from the unquestioned man, to 2nd banana. With the right coach they could be dominant though.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:24 am

He's frustrated. Picked up another tech in the 1st quarter. It's all mental with Boogie.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#4 » by sacking123 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:07 am

Lost in LA wrote:Not trying to justify the trade, but the young man does not seem to be too happy there. He was really poor against Miami tonight.

Honestly, I love DMC but it's good not to have that lingering thought before, during and after each game of "what are we going to have to defend him about this time". So at the end of the day it's not our problem any more.
Very talented player, however definitely not a leader, very much a stat guy, says he just wants to win, but actions say otherwise and I get the feeling he hasn't got the best people working with him, which I think is a HUGE part of the problem.

Don't think there are too many better in the NBA in terms of what he does for the community though.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
KingsMilz
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#5 » by KingsMilz » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:13 am

After 7 years I think we really need to stop talking about him imo, the dude did nothing in terms of winning here and he was annoying to watch with the way he behaved and in particular the way he treated other teammates. Honestly watching games now there is no complaining on every single play/playing 4 on 5 in transition/no flagrant reviews/no technical fouls the games even go faster/smoother without him on the team.

Plus we got the Haitian Jesus now, Kings fans got better things/people to worry about.
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#6 » by MelosSoreWrist » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:40 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:It has to be a punch in the gut to go from the unquestioned man, to 2nd banana. With the right coach they could be dominant though.

Or maybe he is upset he missed out on $30 mil.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#7 » by Lost in LA » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:52 pm

Since the Pelicans traded for DeMarcus Cousins, they are 5-8 with him in the lineup, 3-0 without him.

Return to Sacramento Kings