Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: Ntikilina or Smith Jr? 

Post#81 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:47 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:Interviewing Fultz to me signals that the Kings are looking at packaging those picks and moving up. I like it.

I don't think that necessarily signals what we are looking to do. I think we are acting like a professional team that will not only cover our bases and be prepared but will continue to mask our intentions. I bet we try to talk to every lotto guy at the combine. The team schedules the interviews at the combine, not the player.

Most teams that low don't GET THE CHANCE to talk to the potential number 1 pick. The Kings also have literally no chance at getting that pick via the lottery so it much speak to the possibility of the potential of moving up.

Which players they get the chance to meet with is up to them. They schedule the interviews this yr.

The Kings not getting the first pick doesn't men that they won't have the chance to select Fultz. There have been surprises in the draft order and player selection order MANY MANY times, even sometimes when people think someone is a lock for the 1st pick.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#82 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat May 13, 2017 8:17 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
I don't think that necessarily signals what we are looking to do. I think we are acting like a professional team that will not only cover our bases and be prepared but will continue to mask our intentions. I bet we try to talk to every lotto guy at the combine. The team schedules the interviews at the combine, not the player.

Most teams that low don't GET THE CHANCE to talk to the potential number 1 pick. The Kings also have literally no chance at getting that pick via the lottery so it much speak to the possibility of the potential of moving up.

Which players they get the chance to meet with is up to them. They schedule the interviews this yr.

The Kings not getting the first pick doesn't men that they won't have the chance to select Fultz. There have been surprises in the draft order and player selection order MANY MANY times, even sometimes when people think someone is a lock for the 1st pick.

I didn't hear about any new rules forcing players to meet with certain teams. I wouldn't mind it though, then hopefully they change some rules on the refusal to work out for certain teams as well. I did read he didn't meet with Orlando, who are ahead of the Kings.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#83 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:08 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

I didn't hear about any new rules forcing players to meet with certain teams. I wouldn't mind it though, then hopefully they change some rules on the refusal to work out for certain teams as well. I did read he didn't meet with Orlando, who are ahead of the Kings.

I don't know of any rule change that forces players to meet certain teams either. I do know that the team schedules the interview which is what I said. I also don't think you can back up your statement that MOST teams that low don't get the chance to talk to a #1 pick.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#84 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat May 13, 2017 11:24 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

I don't know of any rule change that forces players to meet certain teams either. I do know that the team schedules the interview which is what I said. I also don't think you can back up your statement that MOST teams that low don't get the chance to talk to a #1 pick.

Well, even beyond that a team with zero chance of getting the number 1 pick? I could maybe see an argument should there be a possibility considering they have two picks but there is literally none outside of yes, a trade.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#85 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat May 13, 2017 11:25 pm

I read the Kings met with Semi Ojeleye and TJ Leaf. I wouldn't mind seeing either of them on the Kings next year.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#86 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:30 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Well, even beyond that a team with zero chance of getting the number 1 pick? I could maybe see an argument should there be a possibility considering they have two picks but there is literally none outside of yes, a trade.

No one is guaranteed to go at any pick so that argument is moot.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#87 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:34 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:I read the Kings met with Semi Ojeleye and TJ Leaf. I wouldn't mind seeing either of them on the Kings next year.

I'm a fan of Semi. I think I brought him up when we were talking about OG as a sub for him later in the draft. His length measurables aren't great but I like how he plays.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Sacramento Kings