ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft Thread 2023

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 995

Re: NBA Draft Thread 2023 

Post#21 » by FarBeyondDriven » Fri May 5, 2023 4:37 am

order of business is finding a Barnes replacement and a shot blocker we can play next to Sabonis in two-big lineups. This looks like a draft deep in role players and that's exactly what we need. I think we'll get exactly what we need without needing to move up.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#22 » by City of Trees » Fri May 5, 2023 1:50 pm

James Nnaji has the size, athleticism, and wingspan you want in a Center. He will need a few years but if he develops that's a steal at the end of round 1
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,004

Post#23 » by OGSactownballer » Sun May 7, 2023 6:13 pm

If Monte doesn’t intend to use the #38 to move Richaun (in which case there MUST be a concerted effort to work him back into the b/u Center role to either get his moneys worth or up his value for trade), then I believe that they should either consolidate picks to move up to a higher value player with better play now/potential, or simply trade forward to the future to replace next years pick - ideally with a team that will be likely to be still lotto level and would out only light protections (like top seven or even top three) so that we have a nice chance of snatching a high pick for an already established contender. This is how the top teams STAY on top. We really don’t need another young guy right NOW. We need to start setting up a reload about two to four years from now as the money starts being a problem around the core guys and we need to get talent on the cheap.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,166

Post#24 » by OxAndFox » Mon May 8, 2023 1:21 am

OGSactownballer wrote:If Monte doesn’t intend to use the #38 to move Richaun (in which case there MUST be a concerted effort to work him back into the b/u Center role to either get his moneys worth or up his value for trade), then I believe that they should either consolidate picks to move up to a higher value player with better play now/potential, or simply trade forward to the future to replace next years pick - ideally with a team that will be likely to be still lotto level and would out only light protections (like top seven or even top three) so that we have a nice chance of snatching a high pick for an already established contender. This is how the top teams STAY on top. We really don’t need another young guy right NOW. We need to start setting up a reload about two to four years from now as the money starts being a problem around the core guys and we need to get talent on the cheap.

If they don't intend to use the picks I completely agree here. There is still a part of me that believes Holmes could be valuable to this team. #1 thing for him is the off court stuff. If that is cleared up then he can concentrate on his play.
I don't see anything stopping him from being an impact big off the bench. Come in and hustle for 10-14mpg. Continue to develop chemistry with Fox/Davion/Monk in a P&R setting (which he was doing much better at the end of last season apart from Monk obviously).
His push shot is great, he just needs to work on playing smarter D.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#25 » by City of Trees » Wed May 17, 2023 4:14 am

Sidy Cissoko might be a late round gem. He has great size at 6'7 or 6'8, 7'0+ wingspan , 220lbs. Pros: good feel for the game, has a handle, can pass, athletic, strong, and defends multiple positions. Hints of high bbiq. Cons: like most 19 year olds he needs to work on his shot but the form doesn't look bad.

At #24 I think he should be in the running

Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 656

Post#26 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Wed May 17, 2023 4:39 pm

City of Trees wrote:James Nnaji has the size, athleticism, and wingspan you want in a Center. He will need a few years but if he develops that's a steal at the end of round 1

I like this idea at #37
Kabaum
Sophomore
And1: 198

Post#27 » by Kabaum » Wed May 17, 2023 9:37 pm

I'd like the Kings to take a chance on Emoni Bates. Not really sure what happened to him during his two college years but he was the #1 Highschool prospect coming into college. He's 6'10" and good shooter and could be a huge steal in the second round if we figure out how to develop him.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,543

Post#28 » by codydaze » Wed May 17, 2023 11:05 pm

Kabaum wrote:I'd like the Kings to take a chance on Emoni Bates. Not really sure what happened to him during his two college years but he was the #1 Highschool prospect coming into college. He's 6'10" and good shooter and could be a huge steal in the second round if we figure out how to develop him.

Eh, I'd pass on Emoni even late in the second. His wingspan is only 6'9" and he has, generously, below average athleticism. He's pretty much at the bottom of the results in each of the athletic measurements from the combine. His max vertical leap was only 2" better than Drew Timme and his 3/4 sprint was slower than Zach Edey. He has absolutely no incentive to be tanking these measurements either with the way his draft stock is currently so I just don't see him translating to the league.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#29 » by OxAndFox » Thu May 18, 2023 1:36 am

Beam Me Up Foxy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:James Nnaji has the size, athleticism, and wingspan you want in a Center. He will need a few years but if he develops that's a steal at the end of round 1

I like this idea at #37

Don't think Nnaji is there at #38. We would need to select him at #24. But having said that, there might be some bolters in the 2nd round.

I'm still all in on Nikola Djurisic with #38.
A 6-8 SG/SF that plays a lot more like a PG.

24 points and 6 assists vs Overtime Elite
Took one of the Thompsons off the dribble with ease in that game.
Can shoot over the top, creates for others, good decision-maker, good handle, attacks the basket and can hit the contested shot too. He improved a lot from a year ago and at 19 he has a lot of growth in his game to come.

Does have a lot to improve (D on screens and general D along with getting stronger), but if there wasn't he would be a surefire top 6-8 pick.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind taking him with the #24 and I believe he should be at minimum a top 15-17 pick.
But I would rather be greedy and come away with Murray/Miller @ 24 and Djurusic @ 38.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#30 » by OxAndFox » Thu May 18, 2023 1:38 am

The other thing with this draft is I hope Monte does in fact use the #54 pick. Use it on a draft and stash guy. Go for the highest upside player that if it doesn't pan out, who cares.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#31 » by City of Trees » Thu May 18, 2023 3:06 am

Official measurements for Cissoko 6'7, 224 lbs, 6'10 wingspan
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 995

Post#32 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu Jun 1, 2023 2:46 am

one of our potential targets, Adem Bona, is returning to UCLA. That's one less guy that fits a role we badly need filled.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Post#33 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:27 am

Now that we are picking to the end of the first round I haven’t had the time or inclination to comb through these guys as I like to do annually (by watching 1-2 mins to see if they pop and casually peruse their profile). But on twitter I see that Trayce Jackson Davis/Lewis/Cissoko are the highest ranked names we’ve brought in). There is still many days remaining, and I don’t know if we are still not bringing in ALl the names we like.

If we are reading into that, Lewis looks decent to me from watching a 45 seconds of highlights for drafting where we are I suppose. Jackson-Davis seems a Monte prospect. He likes the older class men who he feels comfortable with having nba roles it seems. I guess he can’t stretch the floor from his stats but I don’t know if we can expect a starter from where we are.

Let’s see who else comes in
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#34 » by City of Trees » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:58 pm

7'0 with a 7'7 wingspan
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#35 » by OxAndFox » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:55 pm

City of Trees wrote:
7'0 with a 7'7 wingspan

Tankathon's latest mock has him going to the Kings with #24.
He wouldn't be a bad selection at all.

At this point I don't mind any of these guys:
James Nnaji
Kris Murray
Rayan Rupert
GG Jackson
Dariq Whitehead
Maxwell Lewis

The thing about it is the Kings FO likes to "draft what we know" and there are a lot of high upside players in that list. I do hope Monte can get another high 2nd round pick using #54 and future 2nds. There's loads of talent that is going to be around the #36-#44 range.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#36 » by OxAndFox » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:55 pm

That last post had me thinking it would be great for Monte to grab another pick somewhere in a range that could net the Kings more depth so I just put the below out there on T&T forum.

Have been thinking it would be good for the Kings to grab another pick in this draft and the Pacers have a lot.
Would this be enough for the Pacers?
#24/#38/Future 2nd/Future 2nd for #26/#29/#32

With the new CBA and Sabonis/Monk coming up for extensions, now would be great to add low cost controlled players to the roster. Two late first rounders would be perfect and Monte might even be able to get his preferred player there.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#37 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:11 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
7'0 with a 7'7 wingspan

James Nnaji
Kris Murray
Rayan Rupert
GG Jackson
Dariq Whitehead
Maxwell Lewis

The thing about it is the Kings FO likes to "draft what we know" and there are a lot of high upside players in that list. I do hope Monte can get another high 2nd round pick using #54 and future 2nds. There's loads of talent that is going to be around the #36-#44 range.

I wouldn't get your hopes up :roll:

Better chance 38 is traded either in a bigger deal (OG?) or to kick the can down the road for future 2nds + cash. This is the Vivek Kings way. 2nd round picks are cash value for this team.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#38 » by City of Trees » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:54 am

Jordan Hawkins would be a terrific fit offensively, especially if Huerter gets moved.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#39 » by City of Trees » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:44 am

Rayan Rupert does a lot of things Ben Simmons does without the headache and contract. His shot needs work but unlike Ben, Rupert isn't afraid to take the shot. #38 possibility if Uncle V keeps the pick. For the record I'm not calling him Ben Simmons, just noticing similar strengths/weaknesses
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#40 » by OxAndFox » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:11 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
City of Trees wrote:7'0 with a 7'7 wingspan

James Nnaji
Kris Murray
Rayan Rupert
GG Jackson
Dariq Whitehead
Maxwell Lewis

I wouldn't get your hopes up :roll:

Better chance 38 is traded either in a bigger deal (OG?) or to kick the can down the road for future 2nds + cash. This is the Vivek Kings way. 2nd round picks are cash value for this team.

That's why Monte has #54. Sell for cash to keep Vivek happy.

Return to Sacramento Kings