ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings (5-4) @ Lakers (6-5)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Re: Kings (5-4) @ Lakers (6-5) 

Post#21 » by Lost in LA » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:01 am

24 point lead going into the fourth without total reliance on Fox and Sabonis, Huerter much better tonight.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,783

Post#22 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:15 am

slow the damn ball down. use the entire clock. my goodness.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#23 » by Lost in LA » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:15 am

Trying our best to gift this to the Lakers
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#24 » by KF10 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:15 am

Barnes….
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#25 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:17 am

Ellis has been awful the entire time he's taken Davion's position, doing his best to give off night a lifeline back to the rotation
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Post#26 » by blind prophet » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:19 am

BoogieTime wrote:mcgee is goofy, get better Alex. And hopefully Keegan ok

Did you see him do that tumbleweed shuffle?

Like rolled around break dancing?
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,539

Post#27 » by codydaze » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:22 am

OxAndFox wrote:
codydaze wrote:Let's keep this win streak going! Excited to see Keegan continue to get the tough defensive assignments with Lebron tonight if he plays.

Also, sorry for my absence recently guys, life has been a bit busy (just got married last weekend) but should be back to business as usual for me on here now!

Congrats!
Please tell me you tried to convince your wife the honeymoon is going to be the 6-game road trip the Kings are going on?

Couldn't swing that lol but we stayed at the Sawyer over the weekend and I happened to see the whole OKC roster arrive at the hotel when I was checking in which was pretty awesome.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,539

Post#28 » by codydaze » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:25 am

Barnes is going to find himself on the outs at some point, the team defense is really stepping up but he's been a consistent weak point on that end.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by Lost in LA » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:35 am

Lakers were poor with 23 TO's. We have to find a way to stay focussed for the entire game, as we let them back into the game with sloppy play. Monk was erratic, but Huerter was a big factor tonight. We really need a big wing who can defend.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 668

Post#30 » by madskillz8 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:06 am

Lost in LA wrote:Up by 13 at the half, but it should be 20+. Forwards not contributing much offense, 9 points between them, and it has been all starters thus far. Fancy Lakers to get closer, even they are on the second night of a back to back.

When 3 of 5 starters score 70+ in an half, two others has to take the backseat. And Barnes has no problem with that which is something when you have 4 starters who can go 20+ any given night. But you know he's ready to have a bigger role by constantly attacking to the rim when others are struggling. 6'8, average defense, 12-13 ppgs at near 50/40/90 and potential to have 20+ any night when needed. I'm happy with him and his role TBH. Hope he can hit more corner threes even when he has just 6 or 8 attempts per game. 6'7+ average forwards we had after 2003? Rudy Gay? Ron Artest? Both had flaws - I'd say Barnes is a more complete player compared to them.

Another similar player is Tobias Harris. Same size, similar role. Average at many things but understands the game of basketball very well, and at 6'7, that's something each team badly needs. That's why 6'7+ "average" forwards are paid that much- huge demand and a little supply. He can score whenever he assigned to a bigger role on offense, just like Barnes. Yes, slightly better than Barnes, but paid more than two times. Great complimentary pieces.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,159

Post#31 » by OxAndFox » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:05 am

BoogieTime wrote:Ellis has been awful the entire time he's taken Davion's position, doing his best to give off night a lifeline back to the rotation

It was bound to happen right? You do not miss anyone. Literally every Kings player has copped it. Let the dude get into his role. You know what is best about it. If he averages 2ppg it actually helps the Kings. Because everyone else is shooting the ball, he is stopping it.
He wasn't great. But wait 100 games or so. You were giving Davion the keys right? If you're expecting these guys to learn from their mistakes, surely you can too?
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#32 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:07 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Ellis has been awful the entire time he's taken Davion's position, doing his best to give off night a lifeline back to the rotation

It was bound to happen right? You do not miss anyone. Literally every Kings player has copped it. Let the dude get into his role. You know what is best about it. If he averages 2ppg it actually helps the Kings. Because everyone else is shooting the ball, he is stopping it.
He wasn't great. But wait 100 games or so. You were giving Davion the keys right? If you're expecting these guys to learn from their mistakes, surely you can too?

I'm giving real time game/trend analysis, not pronouncing careers. If "everyone" has "copped it", than I guess near everyone has been bad at some point
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,159

Post#33 » by OxAndFox » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:30 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

I'm giving real time game/trend analysis, not pronouncing careers. If "everyone" has "copped it", than I guess near everyone has been bad at some point

That's fair. I look at it from a player's point of view though. It doesn't matter what sport every person is going to have ups and downs. It's the nature of sport.
I think the way you analyze is quite lazy despite it being well put together. Why I say lazy is because you know there is always going to be someone to blame, someone to criticize. And what tends to happen with this is people jump the gun.
In the space of 10 games you were calling for Duarte to start and now you want him out of the rotation. If NBA teams ran like this all you would see is far worse play and no player would know their role.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#34 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:52 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

That's fair. I look at it from a player's point of view though. It doesn't matter what sport every person is going to have ups and downs. It's the nature of sport.
I think the way you analyze is quite lazy despite it being well put together. Why I say lazy is because you know there is always going to be someone to blame, someone to criticize. And what tends to happen with this is people jump the gun.
In the space of 10 games you were calling for Duarte to start and now you want him out of the rotation. If NBA teams ran like this all you would see is far worse play and no player would know their role.

And why would they? I'm a fan giving real time trend/game analysis, GMs and coaches obviously can't act as rash changing the roster or disrupting team chemistry by pulling guys and therefore losing the other players trust and having them look over their shoulder if one guy gets a short leash.

And usually by the time I have to comment on it, its a noticeable trend. Usually.

Return to Sacramento Kings