Re: 2023-2024 Trade Thread 

Post#281 » by BoogieTime » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:13 am

I think we are enjoying Barnes last few days here
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#282 » by BoogieTime » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:02 pm

wiretap - more buyers than sellers slowing market... its what I thought after all the reports of various teams and Pascal landed three picks and useful expirings.. could be good if we are unloading, but getting a Kuzma or Grant for one pick or near not sure about in this market

all the playoff teams and even non playoff desperate teams like warriors/hawks/pistons lakers in the market
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#283 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:27 am

Let them waste their assets and buy junk at a premium.

Moving forward they will all be sorry in a year or two and likely will not get an impact piece for an exorbitant price this year either.

The most that the Kings need to do is a small move or two that shores up the bench and opens up a spot to be ready for the buyout market for this years playoff run. And hopefully open up some salary to help with resigning Monk in the off season.

Other than that I’d rather see them stand pay and just develop the team core together for the long run.
kevin44
Senior
And1: 8

Post#284 » by kevin44 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 1:04 am

I would love to see Barnes traded. They never should of resigned him. I wanted them to sign Porziņģis instead, so we could have a real chance of winning a ring.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 841

Post#285 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:05 am

OGSactownballer wrote:Let them waste their assets and buy junk at a premium.

Moving forward they will all be sorry in a year or two and likely will not get an impact piece for an exorbitant price this year either.

The most that the Kings need to do is a small move or two that shores up the bench and opens up a spot to be ready for the buyout market for this years playoff run. And hopefully open up some salary to help with resigning Monk in the off season.

Other than that I’d rather see them stand pay and just develop the team core together for the long run.

so essentially running it back. I'm not sure what this does to increase our chances of winning. If we aren't making deep playoff runs with Monk making $8 million how does paying him more help? I suppose people are banking on Murray taking a massive leap but I don't see it. Our window is really small. Either we make a move like the Timberwolves did by getting Gobert to maximize that window or we're going to be out of this window with nothing to show for it before we know it. Tomorrow isn't promised. At least get a guy like Hayward. Standing pat would seriously piss me off.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#286 » by BoogieTime » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:44 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:Let them waste their assets and buy junk at a premium.

so essentially running it back. I'm not sure what this does to increase our chances of winning. If we aren't making deep playoff runs with Monk making $8 million how does paying him more help? I suppose people are banking on Murray taking a massive leap but I don't see it. Our window is really small. Either we make a move like the Timberwolves did by getting Gobert to maximize that window or we're going to be out of this window with nothing to show for it before we know it. Tomorrow isn't promised. At least get a guy like Hayward. Standing pat would seriously piss me off.

It increases our chances of losing, losing him. I don't think people understand what Monk means on/off the court, or how his career could project forward given the improvement he made from last year when even I didn't think he was good. He also tends to be a gamer with a higher gear too as we saw last playoffs, who I can see repeatedly raising his game a bit in the playoffs. He's the one in Fox's arguably inconsistent ear. And he is one of the best 6th men in the league. It would be a somewhat sizable blow to lose him, and you might be standing in place adding a Kuzma/Grant level player and losing him. To circumvent it you would just wait a year to make that move

I guess they could move salary in the offseason prior to free agency instead of needing to do it now, but they most likely need to do it to keep him at this rate
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#287 » by KF10 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:00 pm

Appearing to be a quiet trade deadline for the Kings.

Not sure what to feel about that.

Still hoping for a trade by tomorrow.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#288 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:24 pm

KF10 wrote:Appearing to be a quiet trade deadline for the Kings.

As long as it isn’t a move just to make a move I’m fine with it.

Hopefully Monte can pry loose one of the support guys that fits with what we need here.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#289 » by codydaze » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:25 pm

Yeah, I'm not expecting much more than working around the edges, I don't see us doing anything significant which I'm mostly okay with. Hoping the move or moves on the margins brings in some defense but I'm fine waiting until this summer/next deadline after our pick conveys to Atlanta and we have more flexibility to really go all in for another star. Nothing available this year is going to vault us into a contender but would be great to grab some cheap depth.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#290 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:27 am

And heading to the deadline... if there is a "Lauri deal" for Keegan while being in a position to have cap for monk....

I don't like his imposition of will on games so far..
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#291 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:03 am

OGSactownballer wrote:
KF10 wrote:Appearing to be a quiet trade deadline for the Kings.

As long as it isn’t a move just to make a move I’m fine with it.

Hopefully Monte can pry loose one of the support guys that fits with what we need here.

Time for Schroder in the worst way. Teams needs another play maker.

Woulda been great tonight to throw on Ivey as well.

Make it happen Monte
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#292 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:06 am

Also I don't give a damn if it makes me a bad person. Go get Miles Bridges. If that guy ends up in Phx for expirings and 2nds I'm gonna lose it. We lived with Ron, we loved TD, we had collison, we employee Matt Barnes, can't pick and choose. Either guys get 2nd chances or they don't.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#293 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:58 pm

Okay on record pre deadline. I haven't wanted Kuzma, but f it. Kings need a shake up. If it happens it happens. Maybe he's better than I'm giving credit for.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#294 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:43 pm

Dennis Schroder is off the board. Goes to Brooklyn for Spencer Dinwiddie.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#295 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:06 pm

I was already cooling on PJ Washington but he is off the board as well. Goes to Dallas for Grant Williams, Seth Curry and a 1st. That price seems super high.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#296 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:44 pm

codydaze wrote:I was already cooling on PJ Washington but he is off the board as well. Goes to Dallas for Grant Williams, Seth Curry and a 1st. That price seems super high.

I'm okay missing on this.

But Schroder for an expiring
Tillman for 2 2nds
Royce O'Neale for 3 2nds
Bev for a 2nd

These at minimum are guys who could have significantly improved the Kings bench. I was really hoping that we would use Davion/Duarte/2nds to go grab a few of these guys.

But I guess end of the day Vivek loves his 2nds for cash. and we have to realize this team will always be a for profit business.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#297 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:54 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:
codydaze wrote:I was already cooling on PJ Washington but he is off the board as well. Goes to Dallas for Grant Williams, Seth Curry and a 1st. That price seems super high.

Tillman for 2 2nds
Royce O'Neale for 3 2nds
Bev for a 2nd

These at minimum are guys who could have significantly improved the Kings bench. I was really hoping that we would use Davion/Duarte/2nds to go grab a few of these guys.

But I guess end of the day Vivek loves his 2nds for cash. and we have to realize this team will always be a for profit business.

I'm okay not spending those prices for Royce or Beverly, I like Bev but don't think he moves the needle for us too much and I'm not as high on Royce as others.

Schroder would have been nice but we really don't have expirings to move, I posted that this would be an issue for us a few weeks back. For teams looking to dump guys, we're really not a destination right now cause all of our moveable contracts are locked up for 2-3 years.

Definitely would have jumped on Tillman, but if there were an option between getting a wing or Tillman then I would spend the seconds on a wing. If we don't do that, then yeah I hate not making that move.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#298 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:59 pm

codydaze wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

Tillman for 2 2nds
Royce O'Neale for 3 2nds
Bev for a 2nd

I'm okay not spending those prices for Royce or Beverly, I like Bev but don't think he moves the needle for us too much and I'm not as high on Royce as others.

Schroder would have been nice but we really don't have expirings to move, I posted that this would be an issue for us a few weeks back. For teams looking to dump guys, we're really not a destination right now cause all of our moveable contracts are locked up for 2-3 years.

Definitely would have jumped on Tillman, but if there were an option between getting a wing or Tillman then I would spend the seconds on a wing. If we don't do that, then yeah I hate not making that move.

I mean 3 2nds on Royce. Or 3 2nds to line Viveks pocket? I really have grown to be desensitized to the thought of trading 2nds as we don't use them, and the ones we do we don't spend any time developing.

But I agree. And when we traded Holmes/Prosper for nothing, we lost another tradable salary and one of our only assets.

I know everyone was happy we locked Sabonis up early, but I always felt he wasn't leaving if we were competitive, and we should have in fact used the last bit of flexibility we had to get better, instead of what we did. But I honestly think long term Vivek just refuses to spend so even if they knew Sabonis was coming back they would have still handled things the same.

And last note, I think without the Duarte trade, we coulda still kept those guys. Harrison would have had to take less, but not sure who we were bidding against there anyways.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#299 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:17 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:
codydaze wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

Tillman for 2 2nds
Royce O'Neale for 3 2nds
Bev for a 2nd

I mean 3 2nds on Royce. Or 3 2nds to line Viveks pocket? I really have grown to be desensitized to the thought of trading 2nds as we don't use them, and the ones we do we don't spend any time developing.

But I agree. And when we traded Holmes/Prosper for nothing, we lost another tradable salary and one of our only assets.

I know everyone was happy we locked Sabonis up early, but I always felt he wasn't leaving if we were competitive, and we should have in fact used the last bit of flexibility we had to get better, instead of what we did. But I honestly think long term Vivek just refuses to spend so even if they knew Sabonis was coming back they would have still handled things the same.

And last note, I think without the Duarte trade, we coulda still kept those guys. Harrison would have had to take less, but not sure who we were bidding against there anyways.

I still think the Vivek only wants to sell 2nds for cash is overblown. In the last four drafts we've brought in 5 second round picks:
- Colby Jones
- Jalen Slawson
- Neemias Queta
- Jahmius Ramsey
- Robert Woodard

And have sold/moved 4 second round picks:
- Jordan Walsh
- Jaden Hardy
- Xavier Tillman
- KJ Martin

The big difference being that second group has looked like much more promising NBA players. I think Colby will be a rotation guy within the next couple years and I wish we gave Queta some more time to develop but I think he is what he is at this point. We just have whiffed on the guys we did bring in.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#300 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:25 pm

codydaze wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
codydaze wrote:

I still think the Vivek only wants to sell 2nds for cash is overblown. In the last four drafts we've brought in 5 second round picks:
- Colby Jones
- Jalen Slawson
- Neemias Queta
- Jahmius Ramsey
- Robert Woodard

And have sold/moved 4 second round picks:
- Jordan Walsh
- Jaden Hardy
- Xavier Tillman
- KJ Martin

The big difference being that second group has looked like much more promising NBA players. I think Colby will be a rotation guy within the next couple years and I wish we gave Queta some more time to develop but I think he is what he is at this point. We just have whiffed on the guys we did bring in.

The big 3 that stick out to me are

Hardy, Tillman, Gary Trent Jr. You just don't trade these early-mid picks in the 30s.

I'm thrilled they actually traded up to get Colby. Wish they would give him minutes, its clear a player of his type could help us. My guess is they did that because they sold the 1st round pick for pocket savings (so you can add that in to the list of sold picks).

Lets see. IF Davion isn't traded today and is still getting minutes over Colby/Keon the 2nd half then ya.. I've been told Davion is getting minutes as a showcase, that's fair (although I don't think its helping) but if hes not moved time to try something else.

Return to Sacramento Kings