Kings (27-18) @ Heat (24-23)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Re: Kings (27-18) @ Heat (24-23) 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:00 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:I'm glad I didn't see the game, or I would've certainly railed against De'aaron. His bad motor games means he is a bad nba player. you cant have that plateau anymore.

I didn't feel good about it though. heat had been on a skid. Looks like Keegan did well

You didn't watch the game yet can criticize his motor? Missing shots and playing with a "bad motor" like you love to say are not the same thing at all.

3 assists? And I read some of the general posts on the game in other forums about the not driving to the basket and disengaged euphemisms.

what would he have been doing to at all assist in winning today?
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#22 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:03 am

BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:I'm glad I didn't see the game, or I would've certainly railed against De'aaron. His bad motor games means he is a bad nba player. you cant have that plateau anymore.

I didn't feel good about it though. heat had been on a skid. Looks like Keegan did well

You didn't watch the game yet can criticize his motor? Missing shots and playing with a "bad motor" like you love to say are not the same thing at all.

3 assists? And I read some of the general posts on the game in other forums about the not driving to the basket and disengaged euphemisms.

He's just a bad, bad, nba player when he is off, and that cant happen.

It doesn't happen with other even borderline nba all star players.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,545

Post#23 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:12 am

BoogieTime wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Yes, it absolutely does. That's an absurd take that all stars never have bad games.

If you would have watched the game you would have seen Fox making good reads to guys who were clanking shots (shot only 30% from deep as a team) and playing good defense. He didn't shoot well and definitely settled for too many threes but Miami plays that zone defense that makes it difficult to score at the basket. He just couldn't get it going which has nothing to do with his "motor". It's seriously tiring hearing this whenever he has a bad game.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#24 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:20 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Yes, it absolutely does. That's an absurd take that all stars never have bad games.

If you would have watched the game you would have seen Fox making good reads to guys who were clanking shots (shot only 30% from deep as a team) and playing good defense. He didn't shoot well and definitely settled for too many threes but Miami plays that zone defense that makes it difficult to score at the basket. He just couldn't get it going which has nothing to do with his "motor". It's seriously tiring hearing this whenever he has a bad game.

If he was actually playing good defense, which I'd have to see to believe, I might be a little less harsh but.. no. the point stands.

Its as tiring as you, when it stares in the face a lot of the other fanbase and media, not seeing a palpable energy drop when he has his 'pop' and days when he doesnt. Its so obvious, whether you want to continue to point out I didn't watch today or not, that you'd have to be willfully defending him to not to see it
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#25 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:28 am

BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

If he was actually playing good defense, which I'd have to see to believe, I might be a little less harsh but.. no. the point stands.

Its as tiring as you, when it stares in the face a lot of the other fanbase and media, not seeing a palpable energy drop when he has his 'pop' and days when he doesnt. Its so obvious, whether you want to continue to point out I didn't watch today or not, that you'd have to be willfully defending him to not to see it

Please cite your sources where the media questions his "motor" or "pop", I've literally never heard that from anywhere but your posts. I can recognize him having a bad game or a rough stretch without questioning his motor. Bad games happen but they don't make me question a guy's innate motor or fire like they seem to do for you.

I can agree that for that stretch this month he didn't quite look like himself but for me that doesn't define who he is, but I also don't fire off hot takes on a game by game basis. You simply haven't liked Fox his whole career here, which is fine, I just don't agree that questioning his motor is a fair criticism.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#26 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:35 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Please cite your sources where the media questions his "motor" or "pop", I've literally never heard that from anywhere but your posts. I can recognize him having a bad game or a rough stretch without questioning his motor. Bad games happen but they don't make me question a guy's innate motor or fire like they seem to do for you.

I can agree that for that stretch this month he didn't quite look like himself but for me that doesn't define who he is, but I also don't fire off hot takes on a game by game basis. You simply haven't liked Fox his whole career here, which is fine, I just don't agree that questioning his motor is a fair criticism.

Are you saying you notice nothing different about his energy/demeanor/ etc on these way off games than when he’s killing it on the court?

Maybe a poll somewhere would help

I might be the only one IMO recognizing “motor”, but others would recognize a palpable different energy level/demeanor on these way off games
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#27 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:45 am

BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Are you saying you notice nothing different about his energy/demeanor/ etc on these way off games than when he’s killing it on the court?

I might be the only one IMO recognizing “motor”, but others would recognize a palpable different energy level/demeanor on these way off games

Like I said, I can recognize there are some games where his energy doesn't look right, particularly some recently but the difference is I don't believe that defines who he is. Even when he's playing well he can look like he's going through the motions, you maybe just don't pay as much attention because he's putting up good numbers. He's just not a very expressive player, which is okay.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#28 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:58 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Like I said, I can recognize there are some games where his energy doesn't look right, particularly some recently but the difference is I don't believe that defines who he is. Even when he's playing well he can look like he's going through the motions, you maybe just don't pay as much attention because he's putting up good numbers. He's just not a very expressive player, which is okay.

I think it’s part of the good and bad of him. I recognize that he has a very high gear that few others have, in the clutch and playoffs. The downside is the inconsistent energy (which to me is innate motor). The other near all star guards Brunson/Kylie whoever IMO don’t have games where you would literally be better off without them. I can put up with some bad with the good, but IMO games like these are a bit too low.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#29 » by OxAndFox » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:52 am

BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Yes. Please put a poll up on the GB.

Can you question a players "motor" if you don't watch the game?

YES

NO

Simple as that. Nothing more. Nothing less.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#30 » by OxAndFox » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:58 am

I honestly can't believe what I just read. I have to let it sink in a little more maybe. How the hell can someone question a players game without actually watching the game??

You can only literally ask questions to people who did watch the game.
Geez Fox shot the ball poorly, what was the reason for it?
Man, Monk with 3 TOs and poor shooting again, was he throwing it away or just good defense on him?
Keegan shot the lights out, did he just get open shots or did he show something else?
Holy smokes, Jimmy got to the line a lot, who was guarding him and fouling so much?
The bench's stats look bad, 8 FGs for the game? Were they trying to defer to the starters too much?
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,615

Post#31 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:30 am

OxAndFox wrote:I honestly can't believe what I just read. I have to let it sink in a little more maybe. How the hell can someone question a players game without actually watching the game??

Man, Monk with 3 TOs and poor shooting again, was he throwing it away or just good defense on him?
Keegan shot the lights out, did he just get open shots or did he show something else?
Holy smokes, Jimmy got to the line a lot, who was guarding him and fouling so much?
The bench's stats look bad, 8 FGs for the game? Were they trying to defer to the starters too much?

We've heard the motor thing with Keegan and Fox since they got here. Its tired and annoying. I've watched plenty of Mavs games where Luka luls around around game firing away 3s.

These guys are not robots. Personal issues, injuries, fatigue.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#32 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:32 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

YES

NO

I know what I’ve seen from Fox to make a guess what was happening, lol. I had to know see him live today, not enough to make an assumption on the last many weeks and his career?

I didn’t need to do much then peruse the boxscore and Kingsfans.com - Kingsherald.com to know what he was probably doing
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#33 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:36 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:I honestly can't believe what I just read. I have to let it sink in a little more maybe. How the hell can someone question a players game without actually watching the game??

All players deal with these… So, that shouldn’t differentiate someone’s game
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#34 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:09 am

BoogieTime wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

All players deal with these… So, that shouldn’t differentiate someone’s game

It’s also an excuse as well. The only thing of “personal issues, injuries, fatigue” that should matter is injuries, since everyone plays the same games, and people have the obligation to not check out of their jobs for personal reasons (for weeks on end).

I don’t think anyone has seen anything from anywhere injury wise that should render him appearing going through the motions. Its been many weeks now, we would have heard something injury wise in 99% likelihood if it was at issue

I don’t think anyone should jump to excusing his play rather than holding him accountable on its face, and we haven’t heard anything
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#35 » by OxAndFox » Thu Feb 1, 2024 12:06 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

YES

NO

I know what I’ve seen from Fox to make a guess what was happening, lol. I had to know see him live today, not enough to make an assumption on the last many weeks and his career?

I didn’t need to do much then peruse the boxscore and Kingsfans.com - Kingsherald.com to know what he was probably doing

Just stop. Put the poll on the GB.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#36 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 1, 2024 12:30 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

YES

NO

Do you question it? Or do you just watch performances over the last month and think of possible excuses for him?
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#37 » by OxAndFox » Thu Feb 1, 2024 12:41 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Do you question it? Or do you just watch performances over the last month and think of possible excuses for him?

I haven't missed a Kings game in 2.5 seasons. Not one. I might not be able to watch them all live, but I always watch them. I don't box score watch. That's not how anyone, literally anyone, not even the best basketball minds, can analyze a game. It's impossible to do what you suggest.

Just. Put. The. Poll. Up.

Nothing more. Nothing less.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#38 » by OxAndFox » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:14 pm

Having read through the 7 pages of the game thread on KingsFans there isn't anything about motor. There's some talk about his poor performance. Maybe you can put the first one in there, but was anyone aggressive against the Heat? Boogie...who was aggressive against the Heat in this one?

**** is fox doing the tram obviously needs you to get aggressive and take over

dont think the kings win this if fox doesn't wake up soon.

Fox is a total disaster today …

Doesn't mention anything about motor. There are 2 people that were overly critical of Fox, and rightfully so, he shot like crap. But not one mentioned motor. Is this just what you have made up?

Don't forget there were other comments about Sabonis waking up too. It's not talking about his motor. It's talking about missing point blank shots, FTs etc.
Same goes for Barnes.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#39 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:34 pm

OxAndFox wrote:Having read through the 7 pages of the game thread on KingsFans there isn't anything about motor. There's some talk about his poor performance. Maybe you can put the first one in there, but was anyone aggressive against the Heat? Boogie...who was aggressive against the Heat in this one?

**** is fox doing the tram obviously needs you to get aggressive and take over

dont think the kings win this if fox doesn't wake up soon.

Fox is a total disaster today …

Doesn't mention anything about motor. There are 2 people that were overly critical of Fox, and rightfully so, he shot like crap. But not one mentioned motor. Is this just what you have made up?

Don't forget there were other comments about Sabonis waking up too. It's not talking about his motor. It's talking about missing point blank shots, FTs etc.
Same goes for Barnes.

Are you cherry picking? I just looked at the last page.

Call the front office and tell them to give :
Vezenkov , Lin , Duarte , Ellis , Kesslar and Jones to have the almighty Smith in ... (we are not using those 6 anyway)
Lets just pray that this Smith will turn Lyles , HB , DM and Monk to wake up again ... (higly foubt that two of those can at all ... )
Not sure why but nobody is worried how big whole is Lyles at the moment ... He is getting ave 18/19 minutes per game while last 10 games he is under 5 points ave ...
Same with Barnes , he played 3 excellent games and now we will have to wait another 15/20 for the next good game ...
Mitchel is pretty much pathetic every time he is on the floor ( he did well with GS)
Since Bucks burnout Monk is not the same
Fox is missing already for a while ...
But all of this will change with a new defensive player !?
Team is good at the moment , wasting many players for one is not the solution ... Coach is there to see all of the above and change the players accrodingly to their performance not the be ice cold stuburn with 5/6 guys and that is all

206Fan said:
All of these bad games are starting to pile up for Fox. When is it acceptable to start freaking out about how disengaged he's look like all month long?

It feels like he's giving us the same level of effort during the Haliburton era.
He's coming off an excellent 3-game stretch, so not like it's just been a month long of suck. Very much looked like he snapped out of his slump, only to jump right back into a stinker in this one.

But I think does highlight that Fox simply cannot just take games off and play this poorly. Done it far too often the last 15 games and it just flat out sinks us. Reality is that Fox as a top 15 player, has to show up with 25-5-5, 90%+ of the time. And certainly can't have games where your shooting just sinks the team
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#40 » by KF10 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:39 pm

Not sure about "Fox = low motor" but there is credence about his lack of leadership during tough stretches in the season and his inconsistent play affecting other parts of his game i.e. defense, settling for bad shots.

Fox has been trending down for 1 month+ (with some good games sprinkled in).

That said, we go as far as Fox goes.

It will take a monster trade from another team to part ways with Fox if the Kings decide to move on.

Return to Sacramento Kings