Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Re: Kings (29-20) vs Pistons (6-43) 

Post#41 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:34 am

And we need to praise Domas more

He brings it all the time.

We take it for granted as a fanbase, that he is literally good all the time and consistently because he isn't making the final shots in crunch time
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#42 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:37 am

KF10 wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
KF10 wrote:
Perhaps.

Also, there were reports when the Kings/Toronto trade talks about Pascal was pretty advanced, Monk was included in such deal. Probably pissed Fox off or something. Complete speculation from my end though.

Seems like such a strange thing to get mad about..

Here's where my brain goes. Fox carries for 35 games, Huerter/Barnes suffer, could be lack of touches etc. Kings struggle. Brown says team (specifically fox/monk) need to make an effort to get other guys more involved. Fox upset that instead of being praised for his play is being asked to sacrifice. Sulks about it.

Again speculation. But with how passive he played those few weeks, and his willingness to allow monk to be the guy at the end, his lack of driving taking fouls to close out.

Who knows. But hopefully this **** gets settled quick

I still hold Fox in a positive light for the most part but he does have history of sulking and “poor body language” on and off the court. It gets magnified when the Ls piles up.

Yeah, hopefully this gets settled soon.

Just heard the question. Not mad about his answer. Guy asked if it adds more weight that it's a historically bad team. He said one more L to the loss column. What is he supposed to say? Ya Detroit is terrible this one hurts more. Weird question.

My problem is that when we win it seems like Domas is getting the praise. And when we lose Fox is getting the blame. There's been plenty of games where Domas comes out flat offensively (go check) and scores 9-13pts and fox carries the team to W. But a night when Lyles, Monk, Huerter all step up, Sabonis isn't capable of dropping 40 and carrying the load offensively to close out games. Not a knock on sabonis its just not his game.

This team goes as Fox goes. We can win when sabonis has 10 because fox goes crazy. When fox has off nights and drops 10-18 we lose. Sabonis may be our most consistent/overall best player, but it's no doubt fox is our most important.

And after 17 years of misery, half the kings fans ready to give up on a game for a bad month.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#43 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:10 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
KF10 wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
Seems like such a strange thing to get mad about..

Here's where my brain goes. Fox carries for 35 games, Huerter/Barnes suffer, could be lack of touches etc. Kings struggle. Brown says team (specifically fox/monk) need to make an effort to get other guys more involved. Fox upset that instead of being praised for his play is being asked to sacrifice. Sulks about it.

Again speculation. But with how passive he played those few weeks, and his willingness to allow monk to be the guy at the end, his lack of driving taking fouls to close out.

Who knows. But hopefully this **** gets settled quick

I still hold Fox in a positive light for the most part but he does have history of sulking and “poor body language” on and off the court. It gets magnified when the Ls piles up.

Just heard the question. Not mad about his answer. Guy asked if it adds more weight that it's a historically bad team. He said one more L to the loss column. What is he supposed to say? Ya Detroit is terrible this one hurts more. Weird question.

My problem is that when we win it seems like Domas is getting the praise. And when we lose Fox is getting the blame. There's been plenty of games where Domas comes out flat offensively (go check) and scores 9-13pts and fox carries the team to W. But a night when Lyles, Monk, Huerter all step up, Sabonis isn't capable of dropping 40 and carrying the load offensively to close out games. Not a knock on sabonis its just not his game.

This team goes as Fox goes. We can win when sabonis has 10 because fox goes crazy. When fox has off nights and drops 10-18 we lose. Sabonis may be our most consistent/overall best player, but it's no doubt fox is our most important.

And after 17 years of misery, half the kings fans ready to give up on a game for a bad month.

Domas contributes in other ways other than scoring, which tends to be unlike Fox. In Domas "9-13 games" guy will most likely have beat rebounding and assisting. In lazy Fox games he is just a bad player all around.

Domas brings it every time he's on the court

It been the opposite how ive viewed the threads. I don't think I've seen Sabonis complimented much at all. He just goes unnoticed as the engine of the team. There will be praise for Fox's electric outbursts though. I think thats why many people have viewed Fox as the "star" of the team the last year and a half though Domas has changed the complexion of the franchise as Fox has a more expressive/noticable game when on and during the clutch
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#44 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:44 am

BoogieTime wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
KF10 wrote:

Domas contributes in other ways other than scoring, which tends to be unlike Fox. In Domas "9-13 games" guy will most likely have beat rebounding and assisting. In lazy Fox games he is just a bad player all around.

Domas brings it every time he's on the court

It been the opposite how ive viewed the threads. I don't think I've seen Sabonis complimented much at all. He just goes unnoticed as the engine of the team. There will be praise for Fox's electric outbursts though. I think thats why many people have viewed Fox as the "star" of the team the last year and a half though Domas has changed the complexion of the franchise as Fox has a more expressive/noticable game when on and during the clutch

Sabonis scoring 15 and under the last two months

12/19/15
13/14/10
14/21/6
14/12/5
13/21/12
15/10/3
15/16/9
15/17/5

hes literally always good and making an impact (hence, ding ding ding, why you may "hear from me on everyone else but not him")

In other words, the team always has two top tier players whether Domas scores or not if Fox is on

When Fox is going through the motions we have one top tier player

Not sure it speaks to Fox being more important, when his energy is off its a weight on the team and the lack of energy can be contagious

This consistency of Domas gets little mention around here IMO as maybe the best King in the Sac era... Webber had a hell of a team around him..
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#45 » by jeffjtk1234 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:38 pm

Bottom line is Fox has a low motor and gives half effort for long stretches of the game. I blame brown for not addressing that. He should have been benched last night.

I don’t blame brown for the defense, he’s put things into place in practice, but the players aren’t executing in game. Some of them are very lazy defenders.

Fox needs to lead by example or take a back seat. This is pretty clearly domas’ team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#46 » by Lost in LA » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:12 am

The Pistons came very close to beating the in form Clippers in LA today.

Return to Sacramento Kings