Kings (29-20) vs Pistons (6-43)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Re: Kings (29-20) vs Pistons (6-43) 

Post#21 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:28 am

Way too many awful losses this year. This is a first round exit team right now unless we address the defensive side of the floor at some point.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#22 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:29 am

LightTheBeam wrote:I honestly can't stand this team this year. It's just such a different team than last year. They literally played 10 minutes tonight. This team is not good enough to give such **** effort night in and night out.

The second I heard cade and Bojan sitting and 2 guys got traded, I knew this was a scheduled loss. Kings overlook teams and never learn their lesson

They have bought WAY too much into their own hype from last year and are too young and inexperienced to try the “turn it on” trick. And that’s stupidity anyway.

Honestly I’m sitting here going where the hell were Keegan and Fox tonight and how do you let a clown like Ivey go off for basically forty?

Ugly ugly play and inexcusable.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#23 » by KF10 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:32 am

There needs to be a talk about internal leadership and accountability with this team.

The vibes are completely off despite the record.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#24 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:42 am

OGSactownballer wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:I honestly can't stand this team this year. It's just such a different team than last year. They literally played 10 minutes tonight. This team is not good enough to give such **** effort night in and night out.

The second I heard cade and Bojan sitting and 2 guys got traded, I knew this was a scheduled loss. Kings overlook teams and never learn their lesson

They have bought WAY too much into their own hype from last year and are too young and inexperienced to try the “turn it on” trick. And that’s stupidity anyway.

Honestly I’m sitting here going where the hell were Keegan and Fox tonight and how do you let a clown like Ivey go off for basically forty?

Ugly ugly play and inexcusable.

Yup. And MB just doesn't understand rotations or leaving in his guys who are playing well. I love Keegan, still think hes going to turn into something, but whats up with his shot in general? its always flat.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#25 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:58 am

I don’t think you will ever address Fox’s clear weakness directly, other than saying “team”, but the effort issues are individual.

Anyone ever heard of Domas having that?

When the second and fourth best players don’t consistently impose themselves on the game or trickles down.

Keegan is in his second year, but his sheepish demeanor and inconsistency still has me open to a larger deal. Don’t know what you do with Fox, he handled his energy issues much better last year though he still was disproportionately a clutch time player.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#26 » by KF10 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:06 am

There was a stark difference in the post game podium interview between Fox and Sabonis.

Sabonis said something in line of “we have to be accountable with the effort…the effort wasn’t there…we need to be better…” you can tell he wants the team to respond and play better.

Fox: “just add this loss to the L column…” while not giving any specific examples on how to improve.

Literally, Sacramento media were throwing soft ball questions, Fox still gives short answers and gives off the “annoyed… why are you asking me this question” vibe all of post game.

Argh.

I don’t like Fox’s mentality when it comes to losses. He was given the keys to the franchise and he has been stinking it up for the last 2 months. Every single loss, he says the same exact thing.

I can tell the guys rally behind Sabonis when he is given more space to lead.

Coach Brown needs to follow through his “everyone needs to be held accountable” mantra that he instilled since he got here.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#27 » by jeffjtk1234 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:06 am

We ready to admit that Fox is a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#28 » by KF10 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:07 am

jeffjtk1234 wrote:We ready to admit that Fox is a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he continues to play at this level to the end of the season, giving him a super max contract will be a mistake. 1000%
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#29 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:33 am

BoogieTime wrote:

I don’t think you will ever address Fox’s clear weakness directly, other than saying “team”, but the effort issues are individual.

When the second and fourth best players don’t consistently impose themselves on the game or trickles down.

Keegan is in his second year, but his sheepish demeanor and inconsistency still has me open to a larger deal. Don’t know what you do with Fox, he handled his energy issues much better last year though he still was disproportionately a clutch time player.

Not really actually. I can totally acknowledge fox's lack of effort. I just don't question his "innate motor" half the time.

I'll be direct with you. Your act is tired man. Your memory is toast. A player plays bad for a week and you start talking about "wow, his value is gone, he needs to go" a player plays good for a week and you spend the next week talking about "can we afford to resign him". You've done this with every player on the team short of Sabonis.

I can't tell if you are new to the sport, trolling, or just think players are robots. It's an 82 game season. Guys have ups and downs. Outside of the elite top 10 players have bad streaks.

So yes, I can absolutely acknowledge that fox/Keegan didn't show up tonight. Or that monk was clueless for 2 weeks straight in January, or that Huerter/Barnes spent the start of the season in the gutter, or that domantas has played terribly against the Pelicans, Houston, and clippers this season. But I'm not gonna sit her and question guys "innate motor" every other day and talk to myself. It's annoying and we can/should do better.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#30 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:44 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Not really actually. I can totally acknowledge fox's lack of effort. I just don't question his "innate motor" half the time.

I'll be direct with you. Your act is tired man. Your memory is toast. A player plays bad for a week and you start talking about "wow, his value is gone, he needs to go" a player plays good for a week and you spend the next week talking about "can we afford to resign him". You've done this with every player on the team short of Sabonis.

I can't tell if you are new to the sport, trolling, or just think players are robots. It's an 82 game season. Guys have ups and downs. Outside of the elite top 10 players have bad streaks.

So yes, I can absolutely acknowledge that fox/Keegan didn't show up tonight. Or that monk was clueless for 2 weeks straight in January, or that Huerter/Barnes spent the start of the season in the gutter, or that domantas has played terribly against the Pelicans, Houston, and clippers this season. But I'm not gonna sit her and question guys "innate motor" every other day and talk to myself. It's annoying and we can/should do better.

So you want us to believe that he consciously isn't giving the effort? That would be worse.

We all can see his effort is up and down in a manner not consistent with other players in the league throughout his career. I'm not sure why "motor" brings more derision. It just means inconsistent energy

Its actually doing him a service to label it the innate trait I believe it to be.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#31 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:53 am

KF10 wrote:There was a stark difference in the post game podium interview between Fox and Sabonis.

Sabonis said something in line of “we have to be accountable with the effort…the effort wasn’t there…we need to be better…” you can tell he wants the team to respond and play better.

Fox: “just add this loss to the L column…” while not giving any specific examples on how to improve.

Literally, Sacramento media were throwing soft ball questions, Fox still gives short answers and gives off the “annoyed… why are you asking me this question” vibe all of post game.

Argh.

I don’t like Fox’s mentality when it comes to losses. He was given the keys to the franchise and he has been stinking it up for the last 2 months. Every single loss, he says the same exact thing.

Coach Brown needs to follow through his “everyone needs to be held accountable” mantra that he instilled since he got here.

I'm really curious if something happened internally. Something between him and Brown, or him and Monte. Not excusing him at all. But IIRC, a local reporter said "Fox said somethings going on, it's not gonna come out now but eventually it will".

Again not excusing him. Just wonder if he wants out or what the deal is here. Historically this attitude isn't like him.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#32 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:57 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
KF10 wrote:There was a stark difference in the post game podium interview between Fox and Sabonis.

Argh.

I'm really curious if something happened internally. Something between him and Brown, or him and Monte. Not excusing him at all. But IIRC, a local reporter said "Fox said somethings going on, it's not gonna come out now but eventually it will".

Again not excusing him. Just wonder if he wants out or what the deal is here. Historically this attitude isn't like him.

What isn't like him? Playing with no energy? You might not have been around pre Sabonis 2022 season.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#33 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:58 am

Again totally willing to put some of this blame on fox, but he certainly doesn't deserve it all.

Let's talk about Mike Brown. Yes we lack defenders but beyond that his entire defensive system is flawed. He sends doubles anytime any playmaker has the ball, this leads to easy wide open 3s for opponents. It's been his defensive system since he got here.

Then we wonder how we lose to Detroit. Well they shot 55% from 3, and we shot 34%. Pretty simple math here.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#34 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:59 am

BoogieTime wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

Argh.

What isn't like him? Playing with no energy? You might not have been around pre Sabonis 2022 season.

:lol: :lol:

What a weak attempt at a troll lol
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#35 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:01 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

nothing to troll, guy had questionable value so we couldn't even consider moving him instead of Hali and was bad throughout the season
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#36 » by KF10 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:10 am

LightTheBeam wrote:I'm really curious if something happened internally. Something between him and Brown, or him and Monte. Not excusing him at all. But IIRC, a local reporter said "Fox said somethings going on, it's not gonna come out now but eventually it will".

Perhaps.

Also, there were reports when the Kings/Toronto trade talks about Pascal was pretty advanced, Monk was included in such deal. Probably pissed Fox off or something. Complete speculation from my end though.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#37 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:15 am

BoogieTime wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

nothing to troll, guy had questionable value so we couldn't even consider moving him instead of Hali and was bad throughout the season

Was wondering when Hali would come up. Half the kings fans are still crying over that guy. Go be a pacers fan. I got time tonight, let's check the game logs coach.

Haliburton
4/6 10pts 18 assists -- w vs Atlanta
5/17 17pts 7 assists -- L to boston
6/14 for 21 and 17--- L to Portland
5/16 for 13pts 10 assists - L to boston
6/10 for 15 and 5 - L to NYK
6/10 for 15/5 - L to Sac
6/8 for 17 and 4 w vs Charlotte
8/15 for 18 and 7 w vs Houston

Man Indiana 3-5 in last 8 games with Hali. He's broke 20pts once. The innate motor on this guy is seriously lacking /s

Maybe we should realize that top down Indiana is built better than us. With Walker, Ben, Shepphard, Nemb they are stocked with young talent. Siakam, Turner, TJ, Nesmith, toppins, Smith, tons of good vets.

Carlile runs circles around brown.

Yet somehow we have a better record in a harder conference.

So tired of it. 5 years of mentioning Luka every loss, and last 2 years of mentioning Hali. Say something original
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#38 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:16 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

Was wondering when Hali would come up. Half the kings fans are still crying over that guy. Go be a pacers fan. I got time tonight, let's check the game logs coach.

Haliburton
4/6 10pts 18 assists -- w vs Atlanta
5/17 17pts 7 assists -- L to boston
6/14 for 21 and 17--- L to Portland
5/16 for 13pts 10 assists - L to boston
6/10 for 15 and 5 - L to NYK
6/10 for 15/5 - L to Sac
6/8 for 17 and 4 w vs Charlotte
8/15 for 18 and 7 w vs Houston

Man Indiana 3-5 in last 8 games with Hali. He's broke 20pts once. The innate motor on this guy is seriously lacking /s

Maybe we should realize that top down Indiana is built better than us. With Walker, Ben, Shepphard, Nemb they are stocked with young talent. Siakam, Turner, TJ, Nesmith, toppins, Smith, tons of good vets.

Carlile runs circles around brown.

Yet somehow we have a better record in a harder conference.

So tired of it. 5 years of mentioning Luka every loss, and last 2 years of mentioning Hali. Say something original

WTH are you talking about? Im just adding context to Fox's 2022 year.

As a Sabonis fan im usually going to bat for the trade
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#39 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:18 am

KF10 wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:I'm really curious if something happened internally. Something between him and Brown, or him and Monte. Not excusing him at all. But IIRC, a local reporter said "Fox said somethings going on, it's not gonna come out now but eventually it will".

Perhaps.

Also, there were reports when the Kings/Toronto trade talks about Pascal was pretty advanced, Monk was included in such deal. Probably pissed Fox off or something. Complete speculation from my end though.

Seems like such a strange thing to get mad about..

Here's where my brain goes. Fox carries for 35 games, Huerter/Barnes suffer, could be lack of touches etc. Kings struggle. Brown says team (specifically fox/monk) need to make an effort to get other guys more involved. Fox upset that instead of being praised for his play is being asked to sacrifice. Sulks about it.

Again speculation. But with how passive he played those few weeks, and his willingness to allow monk to be the guy at the end, his lack of driving taking fouls to close out.

Who knows. But hopefully this **** gets settled quick
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#40 » by KF10 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:26 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
KF10 wrote:

Perhaps.

Seems like such a strange thing to get mad about..

Here's where my brain goes. Fox carries for 35 games, Huerter/Barnes suffer, could be lack of touches etc. Kings struggle. Brown says team (specifically fox/monk) need to make an effort to get other guys more involved. Fox upset that instead of being praised for his play is being asked to sacrifice. Sulks about it.

Again speculation. But with how passive he played those few weeks, and his willingness to allow monk to be the guy at the end, his lack of driving taking fouls to close out.

Who knows. But hopefully this **** gets settled quick

I still hold Fox in a positive light for the most part but he does have history of sulking and “poor body language” on and off the court. It gets magnified when the Ls piles up.

Yeah, hopefully this gets settled soon.

Return to Sacramento Kings