ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings (34-25) vs Bulls (28-32)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Re: Kings (34-25) vs Bulls (28-32) 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:34 am

codydaze wrote:Mike Brown has some grace still from last year but at some point the magnifying glass is gonna be on him. Some of his decisions regarding rotations make no sense to me.

I'm not there with it. I think its a general thing for fans to look at the coach, though some rotations could be questioned (Len for me, lol). I think the team would be worse without him, maybe significantly. I'm not sure our talent says we should be better.

Hopefully west erodes in future seasons
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#22 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:14 am

KF10 wrote:Didn’t like Fox’s comment in the post game interview.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Which part
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#23 » by BoogieTime » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:31 am

OxAndFox wrote:How does a team score 38 points in 2 quarters of play and you still come away thinking they should have won by double digits easily?

This team will continue to suck as long as 60% of your starters can't get double digit shots and 20% of the other can't shoot outside of 5 feet.

The worst part is the effort was there. Won the possession game.
But 2 things.
* 17 turnovers
* Coby and DDR combining for 24/31

what are you talking about and who with the 5 feet comment? The leading 3 pt shooter on the team (Domas 41.8)?
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#24 » by KF10 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:31 am

LightTheBeam wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Which part

The part where he explained his out of bounds TO.

After coming from an all players meeting, and his first game back, his comment didn’t sit well to me.

The correct answer should have been him taking accountability and said “I messed up. That was on me” instead, he named names and kind of threw the coaching staff under the bus. He is the max player, he should have take the blame here.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#25 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:06 am

KF10 wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Which part

The part where he explained his out of bounds TO.

After coming from an all players meeting, and his first game back, his comment didn’t sit well to me.

The correct answer should have been him taking accountability and said “I messed up. That was on me” instead, he named names and kind of threw the coaching staff under the bus. He is the max player, he should have take the blame here.

"Can you take me through the play you threw it out of bounds, what was the play what was supposed to happen"

idk man. I was pretty pissed when Fox wouldn't address the media, but if we are nitpicking this (which of course you have the right to) then i dont blame him honestly. He described the play, his thought process, and how he and monk had a miscommunication
typedrat
Ballboy
And1: 18

Post#26 » by typedrat » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:28 am

KF10 wrote:The part where he explained his out of bounds TO.

There's a difference between having an internalized locus of control and a Christ complex!

There was a miscommunication exacerbated by coaching choices and the fact that Domas fouled out; I'd rather him be honest than get down on his knees and beg forgiveness to make upset fans feel better.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#27 » by Lost in LA » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:39 pm

typedrat wrote:
KF10 wrote:The part where he explained his out of bounds TO.

There's a difference between having an internalized locus of control and a Christ complex!

There was a miscommunication exacerbated by coaching choices and the fact that Domas fouled out; I'd rather him be honest than get down on his knees and beg forgiveness to make upset fans feel better.

Fox spent just one year at Kentucky, before being anointed the saviour of Sacramanento, aged 19. He may need some growing up to be the franchise leader. He seems a good young man, and I hope he gets there.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#28 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:31 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:worst loss of the season.
Idc what Sabonis stat line was, he was awful and selfish and getting owned down low.
Everyone balls shrunk when the came was on the line and refused to do a damn thing.
Fox needed to take this one over and he didn't with his scoring. He tried to make plays and his team repeatedly sold on wide open looks.
Barnes can't defend anything.

Most frustrating season in my 32 years on this planet and i suffered thru some terrible seasons. What a pathetic team

'uh, blaming Sabonis for this? team doesn't lose if he is in

Fox's defense and turnovers and was not on cue

There was plenty of blame to go around. If you go back and read my post, Sabonis, Fox, Barnes, Coach, etc.. Your lack of being able to criticize Sabonis while placing all the blame on Fox is hilarious. Sabonis had a soft matchup, did nothing in the first half, and Fox had to get him going. Even the announcers acknowledged in on the broadcast. Ended up finishing 7-19 as the Bulls would collapse on him and he would get tunnel vision refusing to pass it out while being surrounded by bulls jerseys.

Still I say that Fox injured or not has to lead the team down the stretch, regardless if hes being guarded by Caruso.

And the rest of the team needs to grow a pair. It's pathetic watching Sac down the stretch, every single player aside from Fox/Monk are afraid to put up a damn shot. Keegan needs to be more aggressive on the drive being with a soft matchup. Huerter/Barnes need to find a way to move or get off the court. Our offense at the end of games is so predictable. It's even worse in games like this where the team is panicing and pissing down their leg that they might throw a game away. Put the ball in Fox/Monks hands, if they pass out our players are too afraid to brick a shot so won't even attempt it. It puts way too much pressure on Fox/Monk as teams know they can collapse and nothing will happen.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#29 » by KF10 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:54 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:"Can you take me through the play you threw it out of bounds, what was the play what was supposed to happen"

idk man. I was pretty pissed when Fox wouldn't address the media, but if we are nitpicking this (which of course you have the right to) then i dont blame him honestly. He described the play, his thought process, and how he and monk had a miscommunication

typedrat wrote:There's a difference between having an internalized locus of control and a Christ complex!

I don’t know man. I’m just frustrated with this team. They are extremely inconsistent. They had a big win against the Wolves the other night and just laid an egg against the Bulls at home. How many times has this happen already?? Incredible.

DDR out scored the Kings by himself in the 4th Q alone smh.

Everyone top and down can take the blame for this loss. There was coaching mistakes and player mistakes too. I guess I want to see Fox, as the leader of the team, go beyond the question that was asked and raise his hand and take ownership of the loss. Maybe I expect too much from him and this team as a collective when it comes to internal leadership.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#30 » by BoogieTime » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:16 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:worst loss of the season.
Idc what Sabonis stat line was, he was awful and selfish and getting owned down low.
Everyone balls shrunk when the came was on the line and refused to do a damn thing.
Fox needed to take this one over and he didn't with his scoring. He tried to make plays and his team repeatedly sold on wide open looks.
Barnes can't defend anything.

Most frustrating season in my 32 years on this planet and i suffered thru some terrible seasons. What a pathetic team

There was plenty of blame to go around. If you go back and read my post, Sabonis, Fox, Barnes, Coach, etc.. Your lack of being able to criticize Sabonis while placing all the blame on Fox is hilarious. Sabonis had a soft matchup, did nothing in the first half, and Fox had to get him going. Even the announcers acknowledged in on the broadcast. Ended up finishing 7-19 as the Bulls would collapse on him and he would get tunnel vision refusing to pass it out while being surrounded by bulls jerseys.

Still I say that Fox injured or not has to lead the team down the stretch, regardless if hes being guarded by Caruso.

And the rest of the team needs to grow a pair. It's pathetic watching Sac down the stretch, every single player aside from Fox/Monk are afraid to put up a damn shot. Keegan needs to be more aggressive on the drive being with a soft matchup. Huerter/Barnes need to find a way to move or get off the court. Our offense at the end of games is so predictable. It's even worse in games like this where the team is panicing and pissing down their leg that they might throw a game away. Put the ball in Fox/Monks hands, if they pass out our players are too afraid to brick a shot so won't even attempt it. It puts way too much pressure on Fox/Monk as teams know they can collapse and nothing will happen.

It seemed a bit odd at first glance.

Sabonis was first on your mind, when the rest of the fanbase was pissed that he fouled out of a game that was lost down the stretch.

And your Fox take "Fox needed to take this one over and he didn't with his scoring. He tried to make plays and his team repeatedly sold on wide open looks."

while a bit critical, spoke nothing of Coby White giving us 37, partially on Fox, and his turnovers (I thought you meant Domas was getting owned defensively)

But yes, Domas sucked relatively.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#31 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:34 pm

KF10 wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:"Can you take me through the play you threw it out of bounds, what was the play what was supposed to happen"

typedrat wrote:There's a difference between having an internalized locus of control and a Christ complex!

I don’t know man. I’m just frustrated with this team. They are extremely inconsistent. They had a big win against the Wolves the other night and just laid an egg against the Bulls at home. How many times has this happen already?? Incredible.

DDR out scored the Kings by himself in the 4th Q alone smh.

Everyone top and down can take the blame for this loss. There was coaching mistakes and player mistakes too. I guess I want to see Fox, as the leader of the team, go beyond the question that was asked and raise his hand and take ownership of the loss. Maybe I expect too much from him and this team as a collective when it comes to internal leadership.

I think we are all frustrated by the team. IDK man i'm with you, I'm personally just kind of tired of Fox getting held under a microscope but we don't do the same for anyone else. Not the coach, not Sabonis, not anyone. No person is without blame. This year has been a disaster with how many times they've lost to teams who are undermanned or given up huge leads. I think they got too full of themselves last year and figured they can sleep walk through some of these games, but this is the NBA and no gimmies.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#32 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:43 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

It seemed a bit odd at first glance.

Sabonis was first on your mind, when the rest of the fanbase was pissed that he fouled out of a game that was lost down the stretch.

And your Fox take "Fox needed to take this one over and he didn't with his scoring. He tried to make plays and his team repeatedly sold on wide open looks."

while a bit critical, spoke nothing of Coby White giving us 37, partially on Fox, and his turnovers (I thought you meant Domas was getting owned defensively)

But yes, Domas sucked relatively.

Let's start.

Idk if the game was lost down the stretch, the game felt lost to me halfway through the 4th when it dropped from a 22 - 6pt game. I pointed out Sabonis because during that time he missed 5-7 shots inside that were absolute bunnies. Against Nikola Vucevic. So yes I'm a bit frustrated that Fox is being guarded by arguably the best guard defender in the league, Monk is not having one of his games, and Sabonis can't be relied on to share the burden. And to make matters worse he kept putting up shots with 4-5 guys around him instead of looking up and passing back to 3 wide open shooters.

Colby did drop 37 on us. It felt like he was scoring on everyone. They tried Keegan, Fox, Monk, Huerter, Mitchell... And all those guys are to blame.

But again you mention Fox's turnovers. Both Fox and Sabonis had 5 turnovers, Fox had 10 assists, Sabonis had 4. I'm willing to acknowledge neither guy really showed up, are you? Fox seemed to come out with the game plan of setting up teammates, Lyles missed a ton of easy ones, Sabonis missed a handful, Monk wasn't doing anything.

My point here is that Fox can't win. When he comes out with the intentions of scoring and letting Sabonis take the facilitator role, we put him down for only having 2-3 assists. When he comes out looking to set up teammates and has 10 assists (should have been 15) Kings fans harp on his 5 turnovers.

It feels to me that Kings fans looking for someone to blame, and Fox has been around longer so he takes the brunt of it. Where as Sabonis is still that shiny new star that we aren't willing to criticize yet. Plenty of blame to go around in this one, and really it starts with our abysmal coach.

Return to Sacramento Kings