ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings vs Spurs

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Kings vs Spurs 

Post#1 » by Lost in LA » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:54 am

After a slow start, Kings are taking control of this one. Keon and Davion have been solid again. Maybe Brown should allow Fox to rest a bit and leave the younger guards out there.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Re: Kings vs Spurs 

Post#2 » by Lost in LA » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:24 am

Why is Huerter even on the floor?
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by Lost in LA » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:39 am

We are doing it again...
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Lost in LA » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:00 am

If they lose this, there has to be some questions on coaching. Huerter caanot hit a barn door but he's on the floor.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Lost in LA » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:01 am

Huerter misses yet another 25+ foot shot, madness
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#6 » by codydaze » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:09 am

Was out and just flipped the game on. Was box score watching but this team continues to make zero sense.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#7 » by codydaze » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:28 am

Well that's one way to win a game.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Lost in LA » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:29 am

That was very lucky,,
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#9 » by BoogieTime » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:30 am

very very close

and how bad is Kevin huerter? been painful watching his disintegration and one of the reasons we haven't took a big step forward this season. I hope he is tradable this offseason
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#10 » by BoogieTime » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:33 am

and Keegan's offensive non step forward this year as well
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#11 » by BoogieTime » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:36 am

And, I would dump Huerter/Barnes/Davion/Duarte anyways, without thinking of the need to keep Monk IMO . But Monk needs to be kept IMO
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#12 » by codydaze » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:52 am

BoogieTime wrote:and Keegan's offensive non step forward this year as well

His consistency isn't quite there but he has taken a leap this year, offensively, though it might not be as big as you were expecting. He's upped his 2PA from 3.5 a game to 6.1 and with the higher volume his percentage has increased from 52.7 to 57.1. That alone tells me a lot about where he's at development wise. He's finishing at the rim so much better this year and has been willing to put the ball on the floor and attack closeouts, creating for himself. Literally the only thing down for him this year is his 3P% but he's expanded his offensive bag and made a huge leap, defensively, I'm totally on board with where he's at. If he was shooting the 3 ball at the same percentage as he did past year, he'd be averaging 16 PPG right now, that would certainly be a win right?

He's got to find that consistency but Keegan is developing just fine, I'm excited to watch him continue to grow.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#13 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:09 am

Man I've been calling for Keon to play all year! Check the receipts!

6'6, plays defense, can handle, can shoot 3s. I'm not sure why we aren't force feeding him 25mpg. This kid can be a stud. I'd insert him as the starter instantly. Let huerter play with less pressure off the bench. Our defense would improve significantly.

What a tough game to watch. We allow wayyy too many open 3s. But end of day fox stepped up, sabonis with that insane steal, monk with the step back, and they gutted it out. A w is a w, pretty or not I'll take it. Need to handle business on this homestand!
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#14 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:11 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:and Keegan's offensive non step forward this year as well

His consistency isn't quite there but he has taken a leap this year, offensively, though it might not be as big as you were expecting. He's upped his 2PA from 3.5 a game to 6.1 and with the higher volume his percentage has increased from 52.7 to 57.1. That alone tells me a lot about where he's at development wise. He's finishing at the rim so much better this year and has been willing to put the ball on the floor and attack closeouts, creating for himself. Literally the only thing down for him this year is his 3P% but he's expanded his offensive bag and made a huge leap, defensively, I'm totally on board with where he's at. If he was shooting the 3 ball at the same percentage as he did past year, he'd be averaging 16 PPG right now, that would certainly be a win right?

He's got to find that consistency but Keegan is developing just fine, I'm excited to watch him continue to grow.

Ya this is why I'm not worried. The game is there, he needs to be more aggressive. He surprised the hell out of me with his defensive improvement. The shooting will return and he will be a 18-20ppg guy with lockdown defense. I can live with that all day
OxAndFox
Veteran
And1: 2,142

Post#15 » by OxAndFox » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:32 am

LightTheBeam wrote:Man I've been calling for Keon to play all year! Check the receipts!

6'6, plays defense, can handle, can shoot 3s. I'm not sure why we aren't force feeding him 25mpg. This kid can be a stud. I'd insert him as the starter instantly. Let huerter play with less pressure off the bench. Our defense would improve significantly.

What a tough game to watch. We allow wayyy too many open 3s. But end of day fox stepped up, sabonis with that insane steal, monk with the step back, and they gutted it out. A w is a w, pretty or not I'll take it. Need to handle business on this homestand!

They're going to have to make a move soon then. I'm with you on that. Let Huerter come in against the second unit and still give him a similar time as he is getting. If the shooting comes back and Keon struggles a little bit with the added role you can switch them back quite easily.
I was just thinking the other day the Kings have done a nice job with Keon's development. At some stage you need to trust the works been done and let the kid fly or crash.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#16 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:51 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:Man I've been calling for Keon to play all year! Check the receipts!

They're going to have to make a move soon then. I'm with you on that. Let Huerter come in against the second unit and still give him a similar time as he is getting. If the shooting comes back and Keon struggles a little bit with the added role you can switch them back quite easily.
I was just thinking the other day the Kings have done a nice job with Keon's development. At some stage you need to trust the works been done and let the kid fly or crash.

Maybe i'm foolish but this kid screams Bruce Brown/KCP type, and IMO that's exactly what this team is missing. If we can find out starter the next 3 years at this price it will mean the world to our development
OxAndFox
Veteran
And1: 2,142

Post#17 » by OxAndFox » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:57 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

Maybe i'm foolish but this kid screams Bruce Brown/KCP type, and IMO that's exactly what this team is missing. If we can find out starter the next 3 years at this price it will mean the world to our development

Not foolish. Think you're on the right track there.
Also having Monte sign him for another two years at $2m after this one gives the team a long runway with decent contracts.
The rest of the season should be an audition for Keon to grab a serious role moving forward, which helps Monte narrow down the spot (defensive 4) this team needs to improve with Huerter/Barnes/Picks.

Return to Sacramento Kings