Sacramento Spencer Hawes @ Denver

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,505

Re: Sacramento Spencer Hawes @ Denver 

Post#101 » by pillwenney » Wed Feb 3, 2010 11:14 am

I agree that it was a foul, but also that Kevin should really know better. Can't say I'm surprised, since he didn't learn last year after the same thing happened millions of times.

At the same time though, the play shouldn't have been Kevin in isolation in the first place. I'll give Westphal a break since he has barely had Kevin as a player, but this mistake shouldn't be made in the future.

I do disagree with the attitude of being quite so anti-Kevin. He's not a first option. We all know that. And we all know that if we treat him like a first option, crap like that happens. He's being played out of place when he's given the ball in isolation at that point in the game. Honestly, probably the better option is to either have him shoot behind a screen or run a pick n' pop with Beno and Spencer. Again, Westphal has a legitimate excuse here since Kevin wasn't around for most of the year. But, should the same thing happen again, I hope he has learned his lesson, since Kevin clearly won't.

I do have a thought though. Given that we really played over all, well as a team in this game, I think we can all see a clear pattern in which we play better without our best players. So here is my plan.

Trade Tyreke for scrubs. That'll get rid of our best player, and should set us just on the right course to succeed. Then, trade Kevin for scrubs. The team had a better record without him, and is having a bit of trouble adjusting to him, so clearly, he has to go. After this, it gets tricky. I'd bet on Beno becoming our #1 guy. So give him time to get settled as the #1 option, and then, when the team inevitably plays better without him, trade him for trash. After that, I'd bet on Spencer being the center of things. So the team will get overly reliant on him, and will start playing even better without him. So he'll have to go for some kind of Mark Blount-centered package. After that, I think it's probably Cisco or Omri. Give them both time to become the team's 1-2 punch that is at the center of everything, and then ship 'em out for scraps. Finally, with plenty of touches, JT should really be looking like his old self and be the team's new centerpiece. So the team will definitely play better without him. I'm thinking something him JT for Joey Graham. By this time, Donte will have developed and will most certainly be our main guy. That means, it's time to ship him out for somebody's 12th and 13th men. By the end, we'll have this lineup.
Sergio
Udoka
Noc
Brockman
May

The team will win 65 games on average, and 4 straight championships. I guarantee it.

Return to Sacramento Kings