Post#381 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:26 am

no way he's getting out of the top 10 in a redraft, NBA GMs are hilarious man
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,583

Re: GG Jackson Thread 

Post#382 » by MemphisX » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:30 am

Read on Twitter
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,165

Post#383 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:48 am

36 shots lol… this is why I hate even basing much of anything off the last 5 games of the NBA season.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#384 » by MemphisX » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:07 pm

JMAC3 wrote:36 shots lol… this is why I hate even basing much of anything off the last 5 games of the NBA season.

GG has been going since January. What are you talking about. 47 game sample.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,165

Post#385 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:15 pm

MemphisX wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:36 shots lol… this is why I hate even basing much of anything off the last 5 games of the NBA season.

GG has been going since January. What are you talking about. 47 game sample.

Yeah I’m just talking about the random 44 pt performance. GG is looking like a steal… at the same time it wouldn’t shock me if this is his best scoring average of his career at 14 ppg.

Especially the next few years when Morant, Bane, JJJ and a top 10 in this class are sharing the floor with him.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
CoachinCarolina
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#386 » by CoachinCarolina » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:53 pm

MemphisX wrote:
CoachinCarolina wrote:
QMemphis wrote:Another high level game from GG against a Lakers team fighting for playoff seeding.

How does he get 1 rebound?

Bro, let it go. :lol:

I'm not your bro. Secondly, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting your 6-9 wing forward to average more than 5.7 rebounds per game per 36 minutes. He has show a lot of potential but still shows the chucking mentality he had at USC. Will be fun to watch him blend his talent with a full roster next year.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 182

Post#387 » by QMemphis » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:48 pm

CoachinCarolina wrote:
MemphisX wrote:
CoachinCarolina wrote:

I'm not your bro. Secondly, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting your 6-9 wing forward to average more than 5.7 rebounds per game per 36 minutes. He has show a lot of potential but still shows the chucking mentality he had at USC. Will be fun to watch him blend his talent with a full roster next year.

Well GG got 12 rebounds the next game, but I don’t think you understand or watch the Grizz. My frustration comes when guys make box scores statements. Outside of the 2nd half of the last game against the Nuggets GG has gotten his point in the rhythm of offense. He also has played with Jaren and Bane showing he can command gravity off ball. GG will be in the running for 6th man next year.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#388 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 pm

Anything anyone did on the Grizzlies this season should be forgotten immediately. It was a lost season with a bunch of GL scrubs aggregating meaningless stats.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,202

Post#389 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:27 pm

CoachinCarolina wrote:
MemphisX wrote:
CoachinCarolina wrote:

this is like asking your girl who just learned how to cook to make you tikka masala when she just learned how to make a decent steak

the guy is a rookie, and not only a rookie is literally the youngest player in the entire league. how about we operate within that context when bitching about why he's not averaging enough rebs per 40 for a wing for you.
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#390 » by MemphisX » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:30 pm

EvanZ wrote:Anything anyone did on the Grizzlies this season should be forgotten immediately. It was a lost season with a bunch of GL scrubs aggregating meaningless stats.

This is just lazy.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#391 » by Braggins » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:16 pm

clyde21 wrote:no way he's getting out of the top 10 in a redraft, NBA GMs are hilarious man

The decision to go to South Carolina seems kind of insane in hindsight. If he went to a power school where he could have been coddled while playing with a bunch of borderline NBA talent, I have a feeling he would have looked a lot better last season. I don't know anything about his recruiting process, but if he wasn't getting offers to top programs for some reason he would have been much better off going to the OTE (probably would have torched that league).
clyde21
RealGM

Post#392 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:18 pm

Braggins wrote:
clyde21 wrote:no way he's getting out of the top 10 in a redraft, NBA GMs are hilarious man

The decision to go to South Carolina seems kind of insane in hindsight. If he went to a power school where he could have been coddled while playing with a bunch of borderline NBA talent, I have a feeling he would have looked a lot better last season. I don't know anything about his recruiting process, but if he wasn't getting offers to top programs for some reason he would have been much better off going to the OTE (probably would have lit that league up).

i think a lot of the issues would've still existed regardless, questionable decision making, some awkward movements, etc...but yea, he probably would've went higher if he was in a more confined role.
CoachinCarolina
Ballboy

Post#393 » by CoachinCarolina » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:40 pm

QMemphis wrote:
CoachinCarolina wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

Well GG got 12 rebounds the next game, but I don’t think you understand or watch the Grizz. My frustration comes when guys make box scores statements. Outside of the 2nd half of the last game against the Nuggets GG has gotten his point in the rhythm of offense. He also has played with Jaren and Bane showing he can command gravity off ball. GG will be in the running for 6th man next year.

I'm not concerned about his offense. Your 3/4 needs to rebound better. What will his minutes look like when everyone returns?
CoachinCarolina
Ballboy

Post#394 » by CoachinCarolina » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:41 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Braggins wrote:

The decision to go to South Carolina seems kind of insane in hindsight. If he went to a power school where he could have been coddled while playing with a bunch of borderline NBA talent, I have a feeling he would have looked a lot better last season. I don't know anything about his recruiting process, but if he wasn't getting offers to top programs for some reason he would have been much better off going to the OTE (probably would have lit that league up).

i think a lot of the issues would've still existed regardless, questionable decision making, some awkward movements, etc...but yea, he probably would've went higher if he was in a more confined role.

He originally signed with UNC but his mother talked him into SC.
CoachinCarolina
Ballboy

Post#395 » by CoachinCarolina » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:42 pm

clyde21 wrote:
CoachinCarolina wrote:
MemphisX wrote:

this is like asking your girl who just learned how to cook to make you tikka masala when she just learned how to make a decent steak

the guy is a rookie, and not only a rookie is literally the youngest player in the entire league. how about we operate within that context when bitching about why he's not averaging enough rebs per 40 for a wing for you.

Sorry, I thought this was a message board to discuss concerns as well as plusses.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#396 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:31 pm

CoachinCarolina wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
CoachinCarolina wrote:

Sorry, I thought this was a message board to discuss concerns as well as plusses.

that's fine but is it really that surprising to you that the youngest player in the league isn't as well rounded as you want him to be? lol
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 182

Post#397 » by QMemphis » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:41 pm

CoachinCarolina wrote:
QMemphis wrote:
CoachinCarolina wrote:

I'm not concerned about his offense. Your 3/4 needs to rebound better. What will his minutes look like when everyone returns?

Grizz fans are happy with his offense, like I mentioned he had 12 rebounds the following game. I also mentioned that he will be in the running for 6th man next year which means that he will be getting plenty of opportunities to showcase with the 2nd unit and close games in the future. Also, UNC was out of scholarships when GG reclassified so that led to him going to USC. A great blessing for the Grizz because no way GG makes it out of the lottery if he were on a more structured team that wasn't dependent on a 17-year-old to be the star.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#398 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:31 am

I legit think GG can play (And when he develops a bit better instincts - defend) Small Forward so IDK if rebounding should really be listed as that big of an issue.

The kid is really, really talented.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,262

Post#399 » by Catchall » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:27 am

EvanZ wrote:Anything anyone did on the Grizzlies this season should be forgotten immediately. It was a lost season with a bunch of GL scrubs aggregating meaningless stats.

What are Brandon Miller's stats on the Hornets worth then?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#400 » by MemphisX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:39 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=q0Zbv7QUrzRY6VJruFoDsg

Return to NBA Draft