Nikola Topic

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Re: Nikola Topic 

Post#161 » by JMAC3 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:12 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Topic sucked horribly in his two Euroleague games and I would like him to play again in Euroleague before the season ends.

His two month injury has turned into a 3-4 month injury.

Wemby was averaging 6.5 ppg and 17 mpg as an 18 yr old in the Euroleague. Idk if Topic playing 19 mpg in his debut this year is really what I would say sucking horribly.

Unless your Luka Doncic you are probably struggling in EL play that young.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,212

Post#162 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:05 am

JMAC3 wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:Topic sucked horribly in his two Euroleague games and I would like him to play again in Euroleague before the season ends.

Wemby was averaging 6.5 ppg and 17 mpg as an 18 yr old in the Euroleague. Idk if Topic playing 19 mpg in his debut this year is really what I would say sucking horribly.

that's b/c Wemby was (and really still is) completely underdeveloped physically...Topic is kinda already maxed out physically tbh.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 914

Post#163 » by Pokuokic » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:52 am

clyde21 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

that's b/c Wemby was (and really still is) completely underdeveloped physically...Topic is kinda already maxed out physically tbh.

Nah bro he's still increasing his neck length.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#164 » by JMAC3 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:39 pm

clyde21 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Idk if I am ready to say the youngest player in the draft is maxed out physically.
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#165 » by JMAC3 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:04 pm

Big Board
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,388

Post#166 » by SeattleJazzFan » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:17 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Idk if I am ready to say the youngest player in the draft is maxed out physically.

yeah, i'd be curious why anybody would think an 18 year old, any 18 year old is maxed out physically. that seems bonkers to me.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#167 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:29 pm

what kind of physical improvement are you guys expecting? whats he gonna look like in 5 years?
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,388

Post#168 » by SeattleJazzFan » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:34 pm

clyde21 wrote:what kind of physical improvement are you guys expecting? whats he gonna look like in 5 years?

what kind of physical improvement does any 18 year old experience between the ages of 18 and say 24?

isn't it generally in the form of muscle and body mass? in short they generally get bigger and stronger.

dunno, maybe that's crazy. but as a sports fan i've seen it happen several times over the years in various sports. in fact, i could probably count on one hand the times an elite athlete hasn't gotten bigger and/or stronger between the ages of 18 and 24/25.

thousands and thousands of athletes, various sports, maybe if i tried really hard i could think of 5.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#169 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:47 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:
clyde21 wrote:what kind of physical improvement are you guys expecting? whats he gonna look like in 5 years?

what kind of physical improvement does any 18 year old experience between the ages of 18 and say 24?

isn't it generally in the form of muscle and body mass? in short they generally get bigger and stronger.

dunno, maybe that's crazy. but as a sports fan i've seen it happen several times over the years in various sports. in fact, i could probably count on one hand the times an elite athlete hasn't gotten bigger and/or stronger between the ages of 18 and 24/25.

thousands and thousands of athletes, various sports, maybe if i tried really hard i could think of 5.

he's not Wemby where you knew he'd look completely different in a few years, and doesn't really have the frame to pack on a lot more weight than he already has.

yea, he'll get stronger but that's about it, just don't know how that'll make him way better than what he now.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#170 » by JMAC3 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:48 pm

For 1, are we sure he is even done growing? If he is a true 6-8 in 12 months does that not change the way you view him as a prospect? 2nd, he is bound to get bigger, faster, stronger because that is what 90% of athletes do that are his age.

Either way even if he doesn't I think he has NBA size and athleticism now at 6-6+
Big Board
clyde21
RealGM

Post#171 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:49 pm

JMAC3 wrote:

For 1, are we sure he is even done growing? If he is a true 6-8 in 12 months does that not change the way you view him as a prospect? 2nd, he is bound to get bigger, faster, stronger because that is what 90% of athletes do that are his age.

Either way even if he doesn't I think he has NBA size and athleticism now at 6-6+

lol of course if he's a true 6-8 that completely changes his prospects, but he's not, he's more like 6-5 and it's not a very functional 6-5 either tbh.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#172 » by JMAC3 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:53 pm

clyde21 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

lol of course if he's a true 6-8 that completely changes his prospects, but he's not, he's more like 6-5 and it's not a very functional 6-5 either tbh.

Yeah, just kind of feels like you are picking and choosing who you view as guys that will improve physically when it reality 80% of the time we have no idea.
Big Board
RyugaFan
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#173 » by RyugaFan » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:56 pm

Cody Williams looked a lot quicker in EYBL when he was a couple inches shorter and didn't have a training facility, he also has the type of frame that can put on some weight, that's why I think in a few years he'll be an legit NBA athlete. Topic has been on pro-teams his whole career and just looked physically overwhelmed with Red Star.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#174 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:33 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Yeah, just kind of feels like you are picking and choosing who you view as guys that will improve physically when it reality 80% of the time we have no idea.

not really, you can tell by frames and athletic profiles, you think it was tough to tell that Wemby will look completely different in 5 years than he did when he was 18? Or Jabari? Or Chet?

i guess if he does balloon to 6-8 then that's a different convo but not sure why we should be even talking about that unless it happens.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#175 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:34 pm

RyugaFan wrote:Cody Williams looked a lot quicker in EYBL when he was a couple inches shorter and didn't have a training facility, he also has the type of frame that can put on some weight, that's why I think in a few years he'll be an legit NBA athlete. Topic has been on pro-teams his whole career and just looked physically overwhelmed with Red Star.

Cody Williams is one of the guys in this class that could look completely different physically in a few years, that's a good example of what I am talking about
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,239

Post#176 » by lambchop » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:43 am

RyugaFan wrote:Cody Williams looked a lot quicker in EYBL when he was a couple inches shorter and didn't have a training facility, he also has the type of frame that can put on some weight, that's why I think in a few years he'll be an legit NBA athlete. Topic has been on pro-teams his whole career and just looked physically overwhelmed with Red Star.

Those couple games he played were the only time this season that red star was running breaks. Speed definitely isn't an issue for him. He also wasn't getting posted up much. But, admittedly, teams didn't have time to scout his weaknesses.

The knee stability stuff is fixed by doing squats. That depends on his work ethic.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#177 » by JMAC3 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 pm

"Topić started progressing in his recovery from his knee injury and was spotted recently shooting and doing other on-court activities with the team. He could be limited in workouts during the pre-draft process, but it appears he will be ready for the start of next season."
Big Board
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,193

Post#178 » by Mickey8 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 pm

He's supposed to return on Monday, for the second game of the Adriatic League play off's. Those were the words from the club's president.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#179 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:29 pm

Looks like he did end up playing, only 5 mins thus far at the half but at least he is playing again.
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#180 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:42 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Looks like he did end up playing, only 5 mins thus far at the half but at least he is playing again.

8 pts in 16 mins on 3/5 shooting.
Good start if he can ramp up for the playoffs.
Big Board

Return to NBA Draft