My Mock Draft Series

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,890

My Mock Draft Series 

Post#1 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:21 pm

This week's mock draft is a lot different than my first mock draft here on the Draft board. I took everyone's opinions and combined them to what my impressions of the draft are. Here it is:

1. Minnesota Timberwolves: Michael Beasley--This guy clearly is becoming the consensus top pick for the draft. Last week I said the T'wolves would take D. Jordan. But after watching Beasley dominate Kansas, I am convinced he is the right choice for the Wolves.

2. Seattle Sonics: Derrick Rose--I had the Sonics picking Eric Gordan last week, this week it's Rose. The Sonics need a true PG and this guy is just that. He's been playing really well, almost had a triple-double recently.

3. Miami Heat: DeAndre Jordan--I have a feeling Pat Riley will trade this pick if he doesn't get a 3/4 type of player. If they do keep this pick, I see them taking Jordan who can learn from one the best bigs to ever play the game. But again, I wouldn't be surprised to see them deal this pick for a legit PF or SF.

4. Memphis Grizzlies: Danilo Gallinari--A bit of a shocker, but Marc Iavaroni looks like he is going to a run-n'-gun type of system a la Pheonix. They just dealt away Pau Gasol and Stromile Swift. So now they have Crittenton/Lowry/Conley in the backcourt w/ Gay as 3/4 for the future. The 6'8-6'10 Gallinari is versatile enough to play 2/3/4 so I think this is the pick for the Grizzlies and Marc Iavaroni.

5. New York Knicks: Jerryd Bayless--This guy is made for the Big Apple IMO. Big game player, I think he will succeed in New York as the PG of the team.

6. LA Clippers: O.J. Mayo--Mayo has been playing great lately for USC. With this pick, Mayo can continue to play in LA and resurrect a dorment franchise.

7. Philadelphia Sixers: Brook Lopez--Dude is dominating the Pac-10. I think he would be a good player alongside Dalembert. Provides everything Dalembert lacks. I'm talking about post-up game, and good passing ability as well.

8. Charlotte Bobcats: Darrell Arthur--Can play alongside the offensively challenged Emeka Okafor. Honestly, they have every position covered w/ Felton at the point, Richardson at 2, Gerald Wallace, Emeka Okafor. So this pick would be beneficial to them me thinks.

9. Milwaukee Bucks: Eric Gordan--BPA pick. If they do trade Michael Redd, Gordan fills the void left by him.

10. Chicago Bulls: Chase Budinger--The Bulls need a bigger backcourt and I think Budinger has the all-around skill set that would compliment Kirk Hinrich.

11. New Jersey Nets: D.J. Augustin--The future replacement for Jason Kidd. One of the best pure point guards in the draft.

12. Indiana Pacers: Roy Hibbert--A lot of question marks on this team, including the Center position. Hibbert will bring a lot to this team especially if they deal Jermaine O'Neal.

13. Sacramento Kings: Ty Lawson--Steps in as the lead guard for Mike Bibby.

14. Pheonix Suns (via Atlanta): Kevin Love--A guy who fits the Suns not in terms of his running or jumping ability, but his overall skill set. With playing alongside Stoudemire, all he has to do is rebound the ball (which is another reason why he would help the Suns) and make the interior pass.

Riser: Brook Lopez--This guy is ballin'. I know 'cause I watch a lot of his games, and he is dominating opposing froncourts right now. Lopez was probably a lottery pick before this hot stretch, but I think established himself as a lock for the lottery.

Plummeter: DeAndre Jordan--Really disappointed in Jordan. He's been a bench player as of late. Had 10 pts 5 reb. in his last game off the bench. I don't know if he's injured or anything, but for some reason he's not starting. Teams will draft him b/c of his potential not b/c he's NBA Ready, 'cause he's not.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 528

Post#2 » by Silver Man » Sun Feb 3, 2008 5:46 pm

Why is Kevin Love 14? I am thinking he is a Top Ten pick or a Top five pick. He is a great passer, great all around defender, solid shooter for a big man, great rebounder. He is a great all around player.
The_Pope
Junior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by The_Pope » Sun Feb 3, 2008 6:05 pm

No, Donte Greene? He's a potential top 5 pick in my opinion.
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#4 » by jumanji » Sun Feb 3, 2008 7:15 pm

I like this mock, would swap out Deandre Jordan and Brook Lopez, to me Lopez is a better all around player.

Return to NBA Draft