GG Jackson Thread

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,334

Re: GG Jackson Thread 

Post#101 » by Catchall » Tue Jan 3, 2023 4:03 am

I have GG and Cam as 5/6 after the Thompsons.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
crows2
Senior
And1: 567

Post#102 » by crows2 » Tue Jan 3, 2023 7:20 am

clyde21 wrote:really top4 pick actually

as of right now it's Vic/Scoot

and then clearly Black/GG for 3/4 in a tier of their own above everyone else.

obv a lot can change but that's as it stands for me today.

That’s A LOT of projection for Black in particular. His actual play certainly hasn’t separated him by a whole tier against other college prospects. The tier below Scoot (probably 2 whole tiers below him) is still extremely fluid for me.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,290

Post#103 » by clyde21 » Tue Jan 3, 2023 7:27 am

crows2 wrote:

That’s A LOT of projection for Black in particular. His actual play certainly hasn’t separated him by a whole tier against other college prospects. The tier below Scoot (probably 2 whole tiers below him) is still extremely fluid for me.

agreed that it's still fluid for sure and def early, but today that's how i'd have it
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,610

Post#104 » by WargamesX » Tue Jan 3, 2023 4:04 pm

I think GG goes 5-10 lottery too. It’s weird so many mocks don’t have him there yet, but I guess they aren’t paying attention.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#105 » by WargamesX » Tue Jan 3, 2023 4:11 pm

crows2 wrote:

I’m glad I am not the only one who thinks this. I have him in the late lottery and he might sink lower. He’s shown flashes but there are several guys in this draft who have more upside, are better athletes, and have put up better numbers consistently.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,442

Post#106 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Jan 3, 2023 5:53 pm

Haven't checked the young gunner, so can we assume Siakam esque phenotype. He's like the perfect fit for the Hawks.
crows2
Senior
And1: 567

Post#107 » by crows2 » Wed Jan 4, 2023 1:50 am

WargamesX wrote:
crows2 wrote:

I’m glad I am not the only one who thinks this. I have him in the late lottery and he might sink lower. He’s shown flashes but there are several guys in this draft who have more upside, are better athletes, and have put up better numbers consistently.

Don’t get me wrong, I rate Black and probably have him in a tier with the best 8 or so other freshman. I just don’t think he’s shown anything to separate himself from those players at all.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#108 » by andyhop » Wed Jan 4, 2023 2:52 am

Not a good start to conference play , was basically invisible and uninvolved for most of the second half and overtime that i watched. Might have been at best the 6th best player on the court in the battle of the SEC bottom dwellers.

Not that it will torpedo his draft prospects but he looks like he has a mile to go to be a good college player
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,290

Post#109 » by clyde21 » Wed Jan 4, 2023 3:38 am

Read on Twitter
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,156

Post#110 » by The-Power » Wed Jan 4, 2023 8:21 am

WargamesX wrote:I think GG goes 5-10 lottery too. It’s weird so many mocks don’t have him there yet, but I guess they aren’t paying attention.

He might be picked in that range but I don't find it weird that he's not consistently mocked there. He's an upside pick and I could see why someone would take the risk in that range – but make no mistake, it's still a risk because his college performances have not been anything to write home about yet and he lacks that stand-out skill to hang his hat onto. So you really have to bank on him developing quite a bit in a number of areas to become a well-rounded NBA player that teams cherish.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,434

Post#111 » by SeattleJazzFan » Wed Jan 4, 2023 2:47 pm

his best attribute might be his age. and that is scary to me. not saying you still don't take him pretty high, but if i were taking him in the 5-8 range, i'd be scared ****.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#112 » by reanimator » Thu Jan 5, 2023 3:52 am

WargamesX wrote:
crows2 wrote:

No, it should be a very valid concern for everyone. Nights like tonight don't do much to sooth those concerns either.
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#113 » by WargamesX » Thu Jan 5, 2023 6:28 am

The-Power wrote:
WargamesX wrote:I think GG goes 5-10 lottery too. It’s weird so many mocks don’t have him there yet, but I guess they aren’t paying attention.

He might be picked in that range but I don't find it weird that he's not consistently mocked there. He's an upside pick and I could see why someone would take the risk in that range – but make no mistake, it's still a risk because his college performances have not been anything to write home about yet and he lacks that stand-out skill to hang his hat onto. So you really have to bank on him developing quite a bit in a number of areas to become a well-rounded NBA player that teams cherish.

I don’t know it’s the eye test, but he just looks like he could be a problem if he takes the skill he has shown and made it consistent. He has just enough handle and fluidity that I can see a team taking a chance on him developing into a Siakim type PF.
The-Power
General Manager

Post#114 » by The-Power » Sun Jan 8, 2023 2:03 am

That was a rough game. Him not being able to score is one thing, but to not even play hard and try to impact the game in other ways is a problem.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#115 » by Catchall » Sun Jan 8, 2023 2:12 am

The-Power wrote:That was a rough game. Him not being able to score is one thing, but to not even play hard and try to impact the game in other ways is a problem.

The game was never a contest. But yeah, it looked like he checked out.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
The-Power
General Manager

Post#116 » by The-Power » Sun Jan 8, 2023 2:29 am

Catchall wrote:
The-Power wrote:That was a rough game. Him not being able to score is one thing, but to not even play hard and try to impact the game in other ways is a problem.

The game was never a contest. But yeah, it looked like he checked out.

Let's be honest, on that team he plays for his draft stock. And what better game to show up for than against a top 10 team in the country and directly going up against another 1st round freshman?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,133

Post#117 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Jan 8, 2023 2:30 am

Just got done watching the game. Hard to take much from it because of how outmatched they were. But this is something GG knew coming into the season. But ya no doubt some really bad body language, you could tell he was checked out pretty early on. Dont want to see that, but thats also not like massive red flag, drop him 20 spots kind of thing either. But ya rough day.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#118 » by Catchall » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:06 pm

This highlight mix shows GG making some passes and playing some defense.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#119 » by Catchall » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:33 am

Tough day for Jackson. His team outscored 50-28 in the 1st half. These games are basically decided in 5-10 mins.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#120 » by Catchall » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:38 am

SC didn't get blown out this time. Losing by 12 pts feels almost like a moral victory for this team. GG's efficiency is dropping in SEC play. Two 40-pt blowout losses in the last 4 games.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to NBA Draft