Zach Edey, 7-4

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,383

Re: Zach Edey, 7-4 

Post#1041 » by ItsDanger » Mon May 13, 2024 3:33 pm

Edey somehow grew from last year's combine measurements.

Read on Twitter
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,479

Post#1042 » by Big J » Mon May 13, 2024 4:29 pm

Rustyman wrote:I don't know why but I am a believer in Edey. Anything after pick 20 I would have a strong look at him and in the second round, he has demonstrable skills which 95% of the other prospects do not have.

Also, this obsession about him being able to switch on guards, he is going to be an anchor in a zone defense. The guard switching is a furfy.

Most teams in the league only use zone as a change up for a couple of possessions per game to throw the other team off.
OriAr
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#1043 » by OriAr » Mon May 13, 2024 5:01 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Edey somehow grew from last year's combine measurements.

Read on Twitter

He's huge.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1044 » by ItsDanger » Mon May 13, 2024 5:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1045 » by ItsDanger » Mon May 13, 2024 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Some of the so called "good" 3 pt shooters in NBA are only at 35%.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1046 » by ItsDanger » Mon May 13, 2024 5:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Big J
General Manager

Post#1047 » by Big J » Mon May 13, 2024 5:56 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is the same **** we see Ben Simmons do every summer. It is meaningless if he can’t shoot in a game.
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 858

Post#1048 » by tester551 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:44 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think he can shoot the 3 in the NBA.
My biggest issue with this video clip is he is SO slow at shooting it. He needs to be much quicker to the draw.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#1049 » by ItsDanger » Mon May 13, 2024 6:57 pm

Big J wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is the same **** we see Ben Simmons do every summer. It is meaningless if he can’t shoot in a game.

Predictable progression from he can't shoot to anyone can shoot unguarded. LOL.
Big J
General Manager

Post#1050 » by Big J » Mon May 13, 2024 7:21 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
Big J wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Read on Twitter

I watched Andre Drummond hit 18 of 20 3s in warmups. It's completely meaningless.
lastb1ckman
Sophomore
And1: 178

Post#1051 » by lastb1ckman » Mon May 13, 2024 7:27 pm

Big J wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Big J wrote:

I watched Andre Drummond hit 18 of 20 3s in warmups. It's completely meaningless.

I would't say its meaning less here. It just shows the form and potential is there. Plus he might be nearly 7'5 in shoes with a 7'11 wingspan. Its not like most players can even contest it.
Big J
General Manager

Post#1052 » by Big J » Mon May 13, 2024 7:44 pm

lastb1ckman wrote:
Big J wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Predictable progression from he can't shoot to anyone can shoot unguarded. LOL.

I would't say its meaning less here. It just shows the form and potential is there. Plus he might be nearly 7'5 in shoes with a 7'11 wingspan. Its not like most players can even contest it.

If you've ever played the game you would know that it's completely different shooting on the run at game speed with guys running at you when your heart rate is going faster and there are fans in the stands watching than it is throwing up set shots from the same spot in an empty gym. The defender being a half foot shorter is a bigger deal when he's down on the low post.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,544

Post#1053 » by BigGargamel » Mon May 13, 2024 7:53 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOL

"If player can do things he can't do he would be a good player"
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,538

Post#1054 » by GoBobs » Mon May 13, 2024 9:41 pm

Big J wrote:
lastb1ckman wrote:
Big J wrote:

If you've ever played the game you would know that it's completely different shooting on the run at game speed with guys running at you when your heart rate is going faster and there are fans in the stands watching than it is throwing up set shots from the same spot in an empty gym. The defender being a half foot shorter is a bigger deal when he's down on the low post.

If your reasoning is some wild speculation that he is going to be intimidated by the crowd, it sounds like you are grasping at straws.

Edey has proven he is a gamer as much or more than anyone in this draft.
Big J
General Manager

Post#1055 » by Big J » Mon May 13, 2024 10:55 pm

GoBobs wrote:
Big J wrote:
lastb1ckman wrote:

If your reasoning is some wild speculation that he is going to be intimidated by the crowd, it sounds like you are grasping at straws.

Ah yes, he was such a gamer that he took a whole 2 3 pointers all season with a 1 1/2 foot shorter line.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,913

Post#1056 » by giberish » Wed May 15, 2024 4:25 am

Big J wrote:
GoBobs wrote:
Big J wrote:

Ah yes, he was such a gamer that he took a whole 2 3 pointers all season with a 1 1/2 foot shorter line.

Edey was like the NCAA version of prime Shaq. He dominated around the rim. Opposing defenses had to run a bunch of guys at him. Edey being outside the 3-point line would have been a huge win for the defense as it would only take 1 person to guard him there.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,429

Post#1057 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed May 15, 2024 4:42 am

ItsDanger wrote:
Read on Twitter

If he's shot 20%, nobody would have said anything, because it's not expected to be his game. That he shot that well is interesting, even if it won't necessarily translate to live games. I think it adds something. I don't know where he gets drafted. A number of mocks have him going to the Knicks, but . . . I don't know.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#1058 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed May 15, 2024 5:23 am

Comparing anyone to Ben Simmons is a joke. We see Ben Simmons shooting 1-2 shots with his trainer on a phone camera, and then he has zero inclination to actually try in game or get better.

The “I’ve seen X player hit this many in warmups” is also irrelevant. Do we know if he does it often? Or do we know he posted it the one time out of 1000 it happened. We know these guys showed up and hit shots in a pressure situation where it counts for something.

What did Simmons shoot when he had to knock down a bunch in front of scouts and executives and be compared to other players vying for draft spots?

Without looking, I bet he declined. Lmao.

Edey and Clingan showing flashes of shooting stroke is only a positive, it shows there is something to work with. I’m not sure why I’m responding to troll burner accounts btw.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 737

Post#1059 » by RollingWave » Wed May 15, 2024 1:52 pm

Hear me out, Spurs draft Edey at 8 and go comically large.

(Seriously though the bigger question is the defense if Wemby is around him that would be a major problem for most teams. and he's kind of an offense on to himself. )

He does actually pass decently well, and the hands look very good, the turnover aren't that high relative to the absurd usage and that he was getting double triple teamed almost non stop.

But yeah beyond a certain point (and probably not that far in this draft) someone should take him and just laugh as he destroy second units for 15-20 mins a game.
The river of time wash away all heroes
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,002

Post#1060 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed May 15, 2024 4:21 pm

RollingWave wrote:Hear me out, Spurs draft Edey at 8 and go comically large.

(Seriously though the bigger question is the defense if Wemby is around him that would be a major problem for most teams. and he's kind of an offense on to himself. )

He does actually pass decently well, and the hands look very good, the turnover aren't that high relative to the absurd usage and that he was getting double triple teamed almost non stop.

But yeah beyond a certain point (and probably not that far in this draft) someone should take him and just laugh as he destroy second units for 15-20 mins a game.

I think Clingan at 4 makes more sense for SAS. Despite not testing as well as Zach on the court he is a more mobile guy IMO - especially when covering ground on defense. I also think Clingan rolls quicker to the basket. I think they could then most likely still get Reed at 8 to cover some shooting.

There is something to the potential of a Wemby / Clingan PNR. It might not work, but if it does it would be a hell of a ride.

Return to NBA Draft