Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Re: Cam Whitmore 

Post#141 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat Jun 3, 2023 9:05 am

EvanZ wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:Is he 6'7'' though? Like Mathurin, seems like he's a couple of inches shorter than his reported height.

No chance his "official" measurement is accurate. He's 6'6" or less with sneakers on. My guess is his actual height barefoot is between 6'4.5" and 6'4.75"

Why are you guessing? He just got measured a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I use my eyes. He guarded Jordan Hawkins (6'4.25") and they are very close in height. Eye to eye and shoulder to shoulder. Maybe Whitmore is a 1/2 inch taller...maybe. That makes him still sub 6'5" w/out shoes. His hair certainly makes him look 6'7" though lol. Nobody should trust these measurements. They can change due to time of measurement, the person measuring, and hairstyle. He's supposedly a 1/2 inch taller than Jaylen Brown? We'll see when they're on the court together. I will eat crow if I'm wrong but hope you all will do the same if you are.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,139

Post#142 » by The Moose » Sat Jun 3, 2023 9:57 am

not a fan of how short his strides are when driving
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,445

Post#143 » by Nuntius » Sat Jun 3, 2023 11:31 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
No chance his "official" measurement is accurate. He's 6'6" or less with sneakers on. My guess is his actual height barefoot is between 6'4.5" and 6'4.75"

I use my eyes. He guarded Jordan Hawkins (6'4.25") and they are very close in height. Eye to eye and shoulder to shoulder. Maybe Whitmore is a 1/2 inch taller...maybe. That makes him still sub 6'5" w/out shoes. His hair certainly makes him look 6'7" though lol. Nobody should trust these measurements. They can change due to time of measurement, the person measuring, and hairstyle. He's supposedly a 1/2 inch taller than Jaylen Brown? We'll see when they're on the court together. I will eat crow if I'm wrong but hope you all will do the same if you are.

Why should anyone eat crow for trusting the NBA's official measurements? If these measurements are wrong then it's on the NBA, not on fans.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,241

Post#144 » by EvanZ » Sat Jun 3, 2023 1:55 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

You’re saying I should trust your eyes more than official measurements that were taken in front of everyone? Ok boss.

I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,290

Post#145 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 3, 2023 8:05 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

are you fkn trolling? we have NBA COMBINE MEASUREMENTS FOR HIM. :lol:
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#146 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Jun 4, 2023 12:11 am

clyde21 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Why are you guessing? He just got measured a couple weeks ago.

again, and try to keep up this time. I don't trust these measurements. They don't account for hairstyles (fros). You honestly think some dude with a 5 inch fro is getting his hair smashed down so they can be exact with their measurements? GTFOH. They're lightly pressing down and it could be anywhere from 1/2 inch to a full inch or more of hair between the top of the head and the ruler. Use your brain. I know it's not your speciality but try. Ever wonder why there's no video of these measurements? There's a reason for it. They craft a narrative around these guys and millions of dollars are involved. Cam Whitmore at 6'5.75" in shoes doesn't have the same ring to it as 6'7".

We KNOW they lie. A few years ago they began giving actual height (still likely not 100% accurate) in the NBA because it was getting so out of hand.

https://crownhoops.com/2019/10/08/complete-list-of-nba-player-height-changes-and-updates/

These guys were "officially" measured at the combine and suddenly lost 1-2 inches once the NBA got strict.

Like I said, anyone with a brain that has watched basketball for decades can see how tall guys are in proportion to the lines on the floor, the height of the rim and opposing players. Sorry you're gullible and believe what you're told or are incapable of trusting your eyes. Cam Whitmore is NOT 6'7" in sneakers. He's just not

Here he is right next to 6'4" Chris Arcidiacona and 6'4" Daniels. Hmmm...sure doesn't look like Cam is 3 inches taller. Weird that. But nah, let's believe "official" measurements that have been proven to be lies. ha ha ha ha

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports/villanova/villanova-penn-basketball-score-cam-whitmore-jordan-dingle-kyle-neptune-20221207.html
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,966

Post#147 » by K_chile22 » Sun Jun 4, 2023 12:28 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

are you fkn trolling? we have NBA COMBINE MEASUREMENTS FOR HIM.

again, and try to keep up this time. I don't trust these measurements. They don't account for hairstyles (fros). You honestly think some dude with a 5 inch fro is getting his hair smashed down so they can be exact with their measurements? GTFOH. They're lightly pressing down and it could be anywhere from 1/2 inch to a full inch or more of hair between the top of the head and the ruler. Use your brain. I know it's not your speciality but try. Ever wonder why there's no video of these measurements? There's a reason for it. They craft a narrative around these guys and millions of dollars are involved. Cam Whitmore at 6'5.75" in shoes doesn't have the same ring to it as 6'7".

We KNOW they lie. A few years ago they began giving actual height (still likely not 100% accurate) in the NBA because it was getting so out of hand.

https://crownhoops.com/2019/10/08/complete-list-of-nba-player-height-changes-and-updates/

These guys were "officially" measured at the combine and suddenly lost 1-2 inches once the NBA got strict.

Like I said, anyone with a brain that has watched basketball for decades can see how tall guys are in proportion to the lines on the floor, the height of the rim and opposing players. Sorry you're gullible and believe what you're told or are incapable of trusting your eyes. Cam Whitmore is NOT 6'7" in sneakers. He's just not

Here he is right next to 6'4" Chris Arcidiacona and 6'4" Daniels. Hmmm...sure doesn't look like Cam is 3 inches taller. Weird that. But nah, let's believe "official" measurements that have been proven to be lies. ha ha ha ha

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports/villanova/villanova-penn-basketball-score-cam-whitmore-jordan-dingle-kyle-neptune-20221207.html

My guy, he's had braids the entire combine. His hair was not padding his height

;feature=share7
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#148 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Jun 4, 2023 12:48 am

K_chile22 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
are you fkn trolling? we have NBA COMBINE MEASUREMENTS FOR HIM.

;feature=share7

Reading comp is super hard huh? I didn't say it was ONLY hair. And he often wears his hair out and I could supply dozens of photos showing that. How do you know how he was wearing it at the specific time he got measured? Oh..you don't? Then you showing him with braids when he went through workouts later in the day means squat.

There's also the time of day and the person (personal bias, directions by agents, ineptitude) who is measuring. I literally just showed you a photo of Cam Whitmore sandwiched between two guys measured 6'4" from a few months ago and it had zero effect. Too funny. I suppose it IS possible he grew 2-3 inches since the college season ended though /s
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#149 » by K_chile22 » Sun Jun 4, 2023 12:58 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

;feature=share7

Reading comp is super hard huh? I didn't say it was ONLY hair. And he often wears his hair out and I could supply dozens of photos showing that. How do you know how he was wearing it at the specific time he got measured? Oh..you don't? Then you showing him with braids when he went through workouts later in the day means squat.

There's also the time of day and the person (personal bias, directions by agents, ineptitude) who is measuring. I literally just showed you a photo of Cam Whitmore sandwiched between two guys measured 6'4" from a few months ago and it had zero effect. Too funny. I suppose it IS possible he grew 2-3 inches since the college season ended though /s
There is video of him doing agility drills that day in braids as well. He definitely had braids. Braids like that are not quick two minute things you can do in the little bit of off time they have in a combine day. If you think it's just a conspiracy to make him seem taller than he then ok nothing anyone can say to argue against that
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#150 » by K_chile22 » Sun Jun 4, 2023 12:59 am

Why does everyone on this board get so personal and defensive immediately after anything they say is challenged it really sucks over here 90% of the time
Sulla
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#151 » by Sulla » Sun Jun 4, 2023 8:45 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:We KNOW they lie. A few years ago they began giving actual height (still likely not 100% accurate) in the NBA because it was getting so out of hand.

What's your point? Even with the update, most players are still be listed taller than their combine heights.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,192
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#152 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jun 4, 2023 10:23 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

Can you show us which guys lost height from their combine no shoe heights to their "official NBA" heights?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,459

Post#153 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 4, 2023 1:39 pm

Lol this guy is something else! :lol:

This reminds me of talking about income and mortgage payments and the such with my boomer in-laws and they try arguing against the hard, cold irrefutable math with their anecdotal memories from 30 years ago when they bought a house on two meager working class salaries. :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,402

Post#154 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Jun 4, 2023 6:45 pm

I really think the Rockets should take Whitmore at 4 over Amen Thompson. I'd be offering 4 for 6 and 11. Maybe Whitmore slips to 6. I doubt it but it's worth a try if you're not sold on Amen and the Magic are motivated to trade up for a PG. If Harden is the next PG for 3-4 years, you really have to think about the Magic.
It has been written...
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,939

Post#155 » by RookieStar » Sun Jun 4, 2023 9:00 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:I really think the Rockets should take Whitmore at 4 over Amen Thompson. I'd be offering 4 for 6 and 11. Maybe Whitmore slips to 6. I doubt it but it's worth a try if you're not sold on Amen and the Magic are motivated to trade up for a PG. If Harden is the next PG for 3-4 years, you really have to think about the Magic.

Yeah, we are motivated to trade up for a PG that shoots 3s, not for a PG that we basically have in Fultz...
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,640

Post#156 » by big-shot-ROB » Mon Jun 5, 2023 9:21 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:I really think the Rockets should take Whitmore at 4 over Amen Thompson. I'd be offering 4 for 6 and 11. Maybe Whitmore slips to 6. I doubt it but it's worth a try if you're not sold on Amen and the Magic are motivated to trade up for a PG. If Harden is the next PG for 3-4 years, you really have to think about the Magic.

This is not the draft you waste 2 chances (specially at #6 and at #11) to get the 4th pick unless Wemby or Scoot are there, which is not happening. Doing it to draft specifically draft Whitmore is even more of a waste.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#157 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 6, 2023 12:41 am

:o :o :o

The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,139

Post#158 » by The Moose » Tue Jun 6, 2023 12:44 am

I think there is a good chance he goes 4, if not I think Detroit would take him
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,402

Post#159 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Jun 6, 2023 1:02 pm

The Moose wrote:

I think there is a good chance he goes 4, if not I think Detroit would take him

My next question is, if Whitmore goes 4, how far does Amen Thompson fall? Pistons shouldn't take him 5 with their backcourt set and with questions about the level of competition he faced. Forget about his nonexistent shot. You might be better off pulling Tyreke Evans out of retirement.

Do the Magic take Amen Thompson 6? Their fans seem to think he overlaps with Fultz. Some seem to prefer a spacer at PG. Pacers at 7? With Haliburton and Mathurin? I don't think so.

Maybe Danny Ainge packages 9 & 16 to move up to 6? But then the Magic have three rookies needing minutes at 9, 11 and 16 while competing for the play-in?

Rockets could really break Amen Thompson. He's going 4 in most mocks but I see him easily dropping to 8. Wizards definitely could use a player like him and he'd benefit from spacing alongside Beal. He'd provide that rim pressure absent when John Wall became injured.
It has been written...
clyde21
RealGM

Post#160 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 6, 2023 4:03 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:

This is not the draft you waste 2 chances (specially at #6 and at #11) to get the 4th pick unless Wemby or Scoot are there, which is not happening. Doing it to draft specifically draft Whitmore is even more of a waste.

this is right, in this draft i'd much rather 6/11 than 4

Return to NBA Draft