SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,374

Re: Cooper Flagg - HS 

Post#141 » by SNPA » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:43 am

165bows wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:#beapooperforcooper

Yeah this is a viable candidate also, but needs shortening to #PoopersforCooper.

Also #SagForFlagg while we are making some tweaks.

#bpoop4coop

You are all welcome.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,307

Post#142 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:33 pm

Blooper for Cooper
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,587

Post#143 » by zimpy27 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:24 pm

#wavethewhiteflagg
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#144 » by Marcus » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:31 pm

right now are there any other kids in his new class that have potential to challenge Coop for that top spot?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,140

Post#145 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:58 pm

Marcus wrote:right now are there any other kids in his new class that have potential to challenge Coop for that top spot?

I think Flagg has the huge lead. Ace Bailey will be my guess as the other guy people will talk about.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#146 » by Marcus » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:07 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Here is the thing, there are more than 1 way to be a freak prospect. Zion was a freak prospect because of how freakish athletic he was to go with his super high offensive BBIQ. Dude just didnt take a bad shot. Add in he was still in his peak athletically at Duke, so he was able to fly around defensively. Straight up beast.

To be fair, I dont think Flagg will be as dominant as Zion in his one year in college (hopefully at Duke). But I dont think that will mean he wont be just as good of a prospect.

Again the reason I say this is because Flagg is the best defensive high school prospect probably since AD. Flagg is a legit 6'8 (some places say 6'9) and I dont know his wingspan, but just from looking at his body, Id say its a damn good 7'1+. And then you look at his offensive growth in the last year. He was not a point forward in any sense of the word this time last year. His jumper was also much further behind where it is now. Now he is playing that point forward role, the jumper still isnt money but the progression is no doubt there. Add in the dude is already a mid to high 80% FT shooter and has nothing wrong with his form. He also has a high release which will be very beneficial going forward.

So ya Zion was a freak prospect because he was a freak athlete like we havent seen before. I think Flagg is going to be a freak prospect because I think he has a chance to be a legit DPOY kind of defender while being your #1 option on offense and a 6'9 point forward. That player in today's NBA is basically as ideal of a player as you can ask for.

AD was lowkey my comp for him if Coop grows to be around 6'11" or so. If not though, I'm ok with calling him Scottie Whippen
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#147 » by Marcus » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:23 pm

EvanZ wrote:He's like a modern version of Bobby Jones or a white version of Iguodala. Brent Barry also comes to mind.

I can see where that fits.
Watch More Basketball

165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,837

Post#148 » by 165bows » Fri Sep 1, 2023 9:03 pm

Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Here is the thing, there are more than 1 way to be a freak prospect. Zion was a freak prospect because of how freakish athletic he was to go with his super high offensive BBIQ. Dude just didnt take a bad shot. Add in he was still in his peak athletically at Duke, so he was able to fly around defensively. Straight up beast.

To be fair, I dont think Flagg will be as dominant as Zion in his one year in college (hopefully at Duke). But I dont think that will mean he wont be just as good of a prospect.

Again the reason I say this is because Flagg is the best defensive high school prospect probably since AD. Flagg is a legit 6'8 (some places say 6'9) and I dont know his wingspan, but just from looking at his body, Id say its a damn good 7'1+. And then you look at his offensive growth in the last year. He was not a point forward in any sense of the word this time last year. His jumper was also much further behind where it is now. Now he is playing that point forward role, the jumper still isnt money but the progression is no doubt there. Add in the dude is already a mid to high 80% FT shooter and has nothing wrong with his form. He also has a high release which will be very beneficial going forward.

So ya Zion was a freak prospect because he was a freak athlete like we havent seen before. I think Flagg is going to be a freak prospect because I think he has a chance to be a legit DPOY kind of defender while being your #1 option on offense and a 6'9 point forward. That player in today's NBA is basically as ideal of a player as you can ask for.

AD was lowkey my comp for him if Coop grows to be around 6'11" or so. If not though, I'm ok with calling him Scottie Whippen

Haha oh man.

That’s actually pretty good fit lol.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#149 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:14 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:right now are there any other kids in his new class that have potential to challenge Coop for that top spot?

I think Flagg has the huge lead. Ace Bailey will be my guess as the other guy people will talk about.

doing some research, I LIKE THIS KID, will definitely need to give him his own thread when the time comes.
Watch More Basketball

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,307

Post#150 » by clyde21 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:21 pm

Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

doing some research, I LIKE THIS KID, will definitely need to give him his own thread when the time comes.

Flagg's in a class of his own but Dylan Harper and Ace Bailey are in the next year and maybe something changes over the course of the next year
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#151 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:47 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Flagg's in a class of his own but Dylan Harper and Ace Bailey are in the next year and maybe something changes over the course of the next year

that's what i'm waiting to see. stages and arrangements make things flip annually. There's a lot to like about Ace's game right now, so i can imagine what happens with more development. All that being said

we still #DragforFlagg #ScottieWhippen
Watch More Basketball

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#152 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 11:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Sounds like this is going to come to an end sooner rather than later. With KU eliminated its down to just Duke and UCONN.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#153 » by Marcus » Mon Oct 2, 2023 11:39 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sounds like this is going to come to an end sooner rather than later. With KU eliminated its down to just Duke and UCONN.

you nervous or feeling confident?
Watch More Basketball

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#154 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 11:51 pm

Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Read on Twitter

you nervous or feeling confident?

Confident. Same feeling I had with Tatum back in the day. Feel like everyone knew it was a Duke lock from the beginning and noise was created for noise sake. I was more worried about KU than UCONN.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,600

Post#155 » by MemphisX » Tue Oct 3, 2023 3:08 am

Wish he would go to the NBL.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,177

Post#156 » by Braggins » Tue Oct 3, 2023 3:29 am

MemphisX wrote:Wish he would go to the NBL.

I really want him to play for the GLeague Ignite.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,666

Post#157 » by azcatz11 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 3:50 am

Braggins wrote:

Why would you want that? No one cares about those games.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,482

Post#158 » by Colbinii » Tue Oct 3, 2023 3:39 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Braggins wrote:

Why would you want that? No one cares about those games.

Nobody relevant cares about college basketball either :crazy:
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#159 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 3:44 pm

Braggins wrote:

Dont think Nike wouldve let either of those things happen. Nike knows they have a potential huge star on their hands. Zion at Duke was getting better ratings than NBA games during the regular season. Zion's last game in the tournament had more people watching that than any individual NBA game in the last 4 years.

The potential marketing that Flagg can get in 1 year at Duke dominates any other option. Dont get me wrong I think Duke would be sitting very pretty with this recruitment if NIL wasnt a thing. But with it being a thing and with Flagg already being a very hyped prospect. I think he is going to go to Duke and I think we will be seeing plenty of segments on First Take and so on all throughout the year and see him on national commercials.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,482

Post#160 » by Colbinii » Tue Oct 3, 2023 3:48 pm

With players being able to ink NIL deals, there is little reason for Cooper not to go to Duke.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.

Return to NBA Draft