DeAndre Jordan

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#21 » by princeofpalace » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:24 am

^
Great post, I qoute it all for truth. To take it a step further and go off the point about how DJ doesnt play with fire (which he doesnt) both his own Coach MT and Joe Jones have criticized him at some point in the season as being soft and immature. I beleive in a post game presser, MT called him a 'big baby' for sulking when Coach benched him during a game for poor play. Joe Jones called him soft in practices cuz he couldnt deal with getting bodied by Jones, Davis, & Elonu.

Im not saying that I dont think Jordan will be any good, Im saying that as of right now he is not a great player and is not worth a top 5 pick because of his bust potential. He would definatley benefit from staying in school another year until he atleast develops some sort of offensive arsenal and maybe starts to play some quaility defense and play with some intensity.

If you want to excuse Jordans play and blame it on an 'injury' go right ahead. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Bryan Davis is the reason that DJ is on the bench. Davis brings all out energy and hustle that the Aggies need and that DJ doesnt bring, he is very remniscent to former Aggie player Chris Walker except he is more legit, which is why Aggie fans love B.Davis.

This is my top 5: Beasley, B. Griffin, Rose, Gordon, Mayo
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#22 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Sun Feb 3, 2008 4:35 am

princeofpalace wrote:^
Great post, I qoute it all for truth. To take it a step further and go off the point about how DJ doesnt play with fire (which he doesnt) both his own Coach MT and Joe Jones have criticized him at some point in the season as being soft and immature. I beleive in a post game presser, MT called him a 'big baby' for sulking when Coach benched him during a game for poor play. Joe Jones called him soft in practices cuz he couldnt deal with getting bodied by Jones, Davis, & Elonu.

Im not saying that I dont think Jordan will be any good, Im saying that as of right now he is not a great player and is not worth a top 5 pick because of his bust potential. He would definatley benefit from staying in school another year until he atleast develops some sort of offensive arsenal and maybe starts to play some quaility defense and play with some intensity.

If you want to excuse Jordans play and blame it on an 'injury' go right ahead. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Bryan Davis is the reason that DJ is on the bench. Davis brings all out energy and hustle that the Aggies need and that DJ doesnt bring, he is very remniscent to former Aggie player Chris Walker except he is more legit, which is why Aggie fans love B.Davis.

This is my top 5: Beasley, B. Griffin, Rose, Gordon, Mayo

after todays game against OU, i <3 brian davis...no homooo

what are joe jones chances of going 1st round?
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.
TyGibson
Junior

Post#23 » by TyGibson » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:05 pm

BMF Jet Jaguar wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

after todays game against OU, i <3 brian davis...no homooo

what are joe jones chances of going 1st round?

Davis has taken HUGE leaps this year, way better than he looked last year.

Jones' chances at going first are very low unless the Ags go deep, he isn't the most mobile guy and not super athletic, but in his favor, he's a rugged defender, doesn't mind banging down low and has really developed his mid range jumper.

I see him as a mid second rounder right now.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#24 » by princeofpalace » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:12 pm

Well its kind of hard to elevaluate Davis performance from last year since he only played around 4 mpg. He looked solid in those 4 minutes though. Unfortunately he was buried behind AK, Jones, and Pompey.

But Yeah, I heart B. Davis too as do the majority of Aggie fans. He plays with such heart and isnt afraid to sacfrice everything for the W. Whenever the Ags need a hustle play its coming from Davis. But he is not just an energy guy, he can bang down low and shoot out to a reasonable distance. I think he's gonna grow into be a solid NBA prospect down the line

Jones is a 2nd rounder. Despite the fact that he is great from the post in addition to having a midrange J (which he developed his freshman year) he also has the ability to shoot the 3 ball. His lack of athleticism and stamina is the reason he will go 2nd round. The leauge is favoring athleticim more and more and unfortunately for Joe he is not all that athletic.
NYC2BGI
Starter

Post#25 » by NYC2BGI » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:47 pm

princeofpalace wrote:Deandre Jordan is NOT hurt. Simple fact is, right now he's just not that good. He was a starter at the beggining of the season but his play on the court cost him his job to sophmore Bryan Davis- who has been playing much much better than Jordan Has.

Deandre is now coming off the bench for A&M. Is a bench guy, the 7th man really considered a top 5 pick based soley on potential? I dont think so, but Im no scout. IMO- Hes got a lot of bust potential if he comes out this year
This is very much what I was going to post. He does not even start anymore. I watched him a few times and he seems like the most invisible 7 footer that I have ever seen. He is athletic and tall so he has lots of potential and could be good some day but right now he is just another average college bench player. He is not ready for the NBA. He barely seems ready for the NCAA some nights.
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer

Post#26 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Sun Feb 3, 2008 7:18 pm

princeofpalace wrote:Well its kind of hard to elevaluate Davis performance from last year since he only played around 4 mpg. He looked solid in those 4 minutes though. Unfortunately he was buried behind AK, Jones, and Pompey.

But Yeah, I heart B. Davis too as do the majority of Aggie fans. He plays with such heart and isnt afraid to sacfrice everything for the W. Whenever the Ags need a hustle play its coming from Davis. But he is not just an energy guy, he can bang down low and shoot out to a reasonable distance. I think he's gonna grow into be a solid NBA prospect down the line

Jones is a 2nd rounder. Despite the fact that he is great from the post in addition to having a midrange J (which he developed his freshman year) he also has the ability to shoot the 3 ball. His lack of athleticism and stamina is the reason he will go 2nd round. The leauge is favoring athleticim more and more and unfortunately for Joe he is not all that athletic.

thats true, and how he always gets sick before games

what about dom kirk, think he could be a 2nd rounder and end up like a anthony parker type player?
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.

Return to NBA Draft