Thoughts on Kevin Love in the pros?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#41 » by suckfish » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:36 pm

I'd love Love as a bulls fan. He has his limitations, but the skill level is so advanced at such a early stage you have to wonder whether he is going to be one of these really special players who dominate purely by out smarting and dominating on pure skill and intelligence alone.

Truthfully, I don't think he will be the dominating player he could be if he had good athleticism like many other prospects, but it's certain that he will be a solid solid player.

It's going to be interesting to see where he gets picked. If somehow drops to Chicago, they have to take him IMO. Alongside Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas, Love's defensive limitations due to athleticism could be somewhat supported by the strengths of Noah and Ty.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,218

Post#42 » by UGA Hayes » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:13 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:I love Kevin Love in college, in fact there might only be two or three guys I take ahead of him. But in the pros you have to remember that he will not be the beast on the block. He needs to transform the fat to muscle and the comparisons to Boozer are totally unfounded as Boozer was a rock and came out after his career ran course at Duke. Love would be really well suited to stay one more year in college not because it will make him that much higher a draft prospect, but spending a year with the strength and conditioning coaches will definitely help the second contract he gets in the pros. Because it is VERY rare when a guy comes into the league and then develops his body and such.

Boozer was definitely overweight while in college. I believed he transformed his body in the runup before the draft and in his first year in the league..
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,626

Post#43 » by Worm Guts » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:34 pm

UGA Hayes wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Boozer was definitely overweight while in college. I believed he transformed his body in the runup before the draft and in his first year in the league..

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/1489225. ... 277B4DC33E

Return to NBA Draft