Paul George- Most Potential in Draft?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Paul George- Most Potential in Draft? 

Post#1 » by princeofpalace » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:08 pm

What are your feelings about Paul George?

Is he the guy with the most potential from the 2010 draft class? If not, what range would he fall in
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Re: Paul George- Most Potential in Draft? 

Post#2 » by Wade2k6 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:43 pm

No. Wall has the most potential in this draft, with Cousins/Turner/Favors following. You could make a case for top 5-10 potential in the draft, but not top 3-4.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#3 » by Boneman2 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:07 am

Paul George is an awesome specimen. He has a really nice effortless looking stroke, with great form. He can also elevate extemely high, couple that with his long frame and it is quite a nice combination. We didn't hear any scouting reports about his defensive capabilities, but he sure defended Terrence Williams pretty well, to the tune of seven steals in one game.

I think his ceiling is higher than Danny Granger's.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#4 » by ponder276 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:17 am

I think Wall's potential is quite similar to Rose's potential (both could be roughly top 10 players in their respective primes, maybe even close to top 5), while I see Paul George's upside being more in the Danny Granger/Rudy Gay range.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#5 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:24 pm

ponder276 wrote:I think Wall's potential is quite similar to Rose's potential (both could be roughly top 10 players in their respective primes, maybe even close to top 5), while I see Paul George's upside being more in the Danny Granger/Rudy Gay range.

This.

Based purely on upside and not their likelihood of actually getting there, I would say the top 5 players from this past draft are...

1. John Wall
2. Derrick Favors
3. Hassan Whiteside
4. DeMarcus Cousins
5. Evan Turner
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#6 » by Indy2thaWindy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:31 am

Turner don't have much potential. He at best will be a borderline all-star player, at best.

1. Derrick Favors
2. Demarcus Cousins
3. John Wall
4. Paul George
5. Ed Davis
(Lance Stephenson could be a monster, or just have a 3 year career and be overseas after his rookie contract)
nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#7 » by nba_addict » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:52 am

I will not be surprised if George ends up one of the very first bust in this draftclass among those picked in the lottery. Like what I have posted before, Chase Budinger, when he entered the draft last year is miles ahead in skills if compared to Paul George.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#8 » by princeofpalace » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:35 pm

I agree that George doesn't have top potential in the draft, nor do I think he reaches his potential. Some IND fan said that George had the most potential in the draft next to Cousins so I wanted to see if I was missing something, doesn't look like I am.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#9 » by MUpacersSIC » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:00 pm

princeofpalace wrote:I agree that George doesn't have top potential in the draft, nor do I think he reaches his potential. Some IND fan said that George had the most potential in the draft next to Cousins so I wanted to see if I was missing something, doesn't look like I am.

No, he doesn't have the most potential out of this draft. However, out of pure potential he could be top 5. I would rank the potential like this:

1.) Wall
2.) Cousins
3.) Favors
4.) Turner
5.) George

I can see him being a 20 pt. scorer in the league within the next 2/3 years. Won't be an all-star IMO, but could be a great 3rd option or possibly 2nd option for a sub-level team. Although if he does turn out to be better I would be all for that!
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#10 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:49 pm

There are only 4 players I would have taken over Paul George:

Wall
Favors
Turner
Cousins

I think he has a ton of upside and has more current skill then given credit for.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#11 » by lakerhater » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:55 am

Boneman2 wrote: He has a really nice effortless looking stroke, with great form.

He shot poorly in summer league and his college FG and 3pt percentages from last season aren't all that impressive. His shooting form might look good but it hasn't translated into consistent success.
Indy2thaWindy
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#12 » by Indy2thaWindy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:38 am

lakerhater wrote:
Boneman2 wrote: He has a really nice effortless looking stroke, with great form.

He shot poorly in summer league and his college FG and 3pt percentages from last season aren't all that impressive. His shooting form might look good but it hasn't translated into consistent success.

Vince Carter and Danny Granger both shot similar numbers from 3 in college and both are considered good 3 point shooters. It ain't about his numbers right now. His form is good and soon enuff he will become a knockdown shooter and hopefully an explosive scorer.
Draft Master J
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Draft Master J » Thu Sep 9, 2010 7:40 am

I'd say he's one of maybe five or six guys in this class with legitimate superstar potential (Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousins and maybe Wes Johnson). Physically he's a gem mint 10 and he has a high skill level to boot. It all depends on whether he has his head screwed on right and has the work ethic to succeed.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#14 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:22 pm

He was my second favorite player in last year's draft (behind Wall). I think the dude is going to be an absolute stud. He's incredibly athletic, great shooter, very very long, and has shown that he can play the passing lanes very nicely (because of his length/timing). I think his potential is higher than Granger's was coming out of college considering he was more athletic, younger, and they are both knock down shooters coming out of college.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,284

Post#15 » by babyjax13 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:10 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:There are only 4 players I would have taken over Paul George:

Wall
Favors
Turner
Cousins

I think he has a ton of upside and has more current skill then given credit for.

I think I agree with you. I really like what he brings to the table.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to NBA Draft