Mario Hezonja

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,278

Re: Mario Hezonja 

Post#21 » by RSCD3_ » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:35 pm

ManualRam wrote:i'm still high on him. there's a lot to like about his game. he's still only 19. could still be growing. looks closer to 6'8 than his listed height. pristine stroke with a high release, bouncy athlete with easy rise, strong build, great footwork on the perimeter, has shot-creating potential, flashes play-making ability. no, he's not a great slasher atm. he needs to learn how to get lower on his drives, but he can attack closeouts and can make plays vertically with his bounce and body control once he gets to his launching areas.

he's slowly but surely maturing on the floor. he's shedding that selfish chucker label that he had a couple of yrs ago. just by looking at his %'s, it appears as though he has improved his shot selection. it's difficult to be an efficient shooter while being a low usage player, but he accomplished that this yr.
he's also becoming more of a solid defender as opposed to a gambler for steals.

still looks like a top 10 player to me, possibly the first wing taken in next yr's draft. i don't think there's a good comparison for him out of current players, but i see a little sean elliott in his game. at close to 6'8 i'd consider him a swingman though. his size played at the 2 would be a big bonus.

Lately I've seen you state that he should play the 3.

What caused you to change your mind, did he grow/bulk up or did you just do more analysis and determine you overrated his lateral agility and/or ball handling

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,278

Post#22 » by RSCD3_ » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Also to all Fans of Mario

How does his explosiveness compared to guys like fellow European Danilo Galinari ( might be misspelling ) or American chandler parsons

I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#23 » by ManualRam » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:37 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:
ManualRam wrote:i'm still high on him. there's a lot to like about his game. he's still only 19. could still be growing. looks closer to 6'8 than his listed height. pristine stroke with a high release, bouncy athlete with easy rise, strong build, great footwork on the perimeter, has shot-creating potential, flashes play-making ability. no, he's not a great slasher atm. he needs to learn how to get lower on his drives, but he can attack closeouts and can make plays vertically with his bounce and body control once he gets to his launching areas.

he's slowly but surely maturing on the floor. he's shedding that selfish chucker label that he had a couple of yrs ago. just by looking at his %'s, it appears as though he has improved his shot selection. it's difficult to be an efficient shooter while being a low usage player, but he accomplished that this yr.
he's also becoming more of a solid defender as opposed to a gambler for steals.

still looks like a top 10 player to me, possibly the first wing taken in next yr's draft. i don't think there's a good comparison for him out of current players, but i see a little sean elliott in his game. at close to 6'8 i'd consider him a swingman though. his size played at the 2 would be a big bonus.

Lately I've seen you state that he should play the 3.

What caused you to change your mind, did he grow/bulk up or did you just do more analysis and determine you overrated his lateral agility and/or ball handling

he's still agile, but he's 6'8 and plays high and upright which mitigates some of the quickness of his first step. his handle is solid. can handle in transition, flashes PnR potential, can create some space for shots but because he plays upright i think he'd have more difficulty beating guards off the bounce than forwards.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Thespianoid
RealGM
And1: 78,794

Post#24 » by Thespianoid » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 am

RSCD3_ wrote:Also to all Fans of Mario

How does his explosiveness compared to guys like fellow European Danilo Galinari ( might be misspelling ) or American chandler parsons

Parsons is a more effortless athlete than Gallinari, so I'd Chandler is closer to Mario. Actually, they both move very similarly, judging by the recent dunks clip posted in this thread.
Clementine9 wrote:Missed shots are unfortunate, but it's the trends throughout the game that matter.

Choker wrote:The swing in how Raptors fans have supported and turned on Powell is a good case study of human behavior.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#25 » by shangrila » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:12 am

Mr Sixer wrote:He is going to be a Sixer, book it.

Only if he's injured, has buyout issues or finds some other way to miss his entire rookie season.
MCDubbin
Junior
And1: 547

Post#26 » by MCDubbin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:28 pm

shangrila wrote:
Mr Sixer wrote:He is going to be a Sixer, book it.

Only if he's injured, has buyout issues or finds some other way to miss his entire rookie season.

Hur Hur Hur
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#27 » by reanimator » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:27 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:Also to all Fans of Mario

Came to ask this exact question :lol:
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#28 » by ManualRam » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:55 pm

mario has good bounce. very effortless leaper. that's probably his best attribute athletically. as far as his quickness goes, i think he blunts some of his initial burst by playing so upright. i guess that could be correctable.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#29 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:17 pm

So what's Mario's natural position as a NBA prospect . Shooting guard or Smallforward?
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#30 » by ManualRam » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:18 pm

i think he's grown into a SF
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
MilHammer
Bench Warmer
And1: 713

Post#31 » by MilHammer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:32 am

New DX rankings have him listed as the 6th best prospect. Still think some guys like Looney, Rondae and possibly even LeVert pass him up if he doesn't get a lot more PT. Porzingis might as well.

Still, considering this draft isn't particularly 2 heavy, how far do you see him dropping? Bonafide Top 5 pick or mid lotto at best?

Sent from my LG-D801 using RealGM Forums mobile app
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,557

Post#32 » by BarbaGrizz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:43 pm

If he turns into a SF he´ll lost a lot of upside. He must aim at the SG spot.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#33 » by Catchall » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:59 pm

I like him as a prospect. As a Jazz fan, I was hoping he'd stay in the draft last year. To me, he looks like a quicker, more naturally gifted version of Gordon Hayward.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#34 » by MinneOOPalis » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:17 am

If your looking for star potential from the wing.. this is the only guy.
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#35 » by RightToCensor » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:45 pm

He's an athletic K-Pap. He has the size and athleticism to play 3 positions. Not sure he's worth the hype of being a #1 option, he's at best a bigger Manu Ginobili.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#36 » by reanimator » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:14 pm

RightToCensor wrote:He's an athletic K-Pap. He has the size and athleticism to play 3 positions. Not sure he's worth the hype of being a #1 option, he's at best a bigger Manu Ginobili.

He does not have Ginobili's herky jerky style of play.
Grba
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#37 » by Grba » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:14 am

Barselona beat Milan last night, and Mario had solid performance with 13 points, 2 assists, 2 rebounds and 1 block in 22 mins.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfWmneXd5Ow[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tgH-WBwJzI[/youtube]
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150

Post#38 » by pohani komarac » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:33 pm

his best game in euroleague

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7AoLHWYNHU[/youtube]
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150