If There Was A Redraft of 2013 Draft...

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Re: If There Was A Redraft of 2013 Draft... 

Post#81 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu May 29, 2014 4:49 am

ManualRam wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:manual I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of Oladipo.

i like him more than MCW and i think as his career plays out, he will justify his slot. he's tough, physical, athletic, aggressive, good defensively, good first step. i just think he needs to dial it back a bit. i think he's trying to answer too many questions about his game too quickly. using him as more of a 2ndary ball-handler as opposed to a primary ball-handler would benefit him IMO. as the primary ball-handler the ball tends to stick in his hands and his decision making becomes erratic. if they're just using this experience at the point to improve his decision making, playmaking and getting used to handling the ball more, that's fine, but i don't think he should be the primary decision maker. i think he'll be a solid 2 way player. good defensively, 2ndary ball-handler/playmaker, 3rd option high teens scorer on a good team. maybe a smaller iguodala type, but i like oladipo's stroke long term more than i like andre's.

cool! thanks :D :nod:
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#82 » by gaspar » Thu May 29, 2014 5:05 am

dorkestra wrote:
tranjSAIC wrote:
dorkestra wrote:1. Noel
2. Antetokounmpo
3. MCW
4. Oladipo
5. Steven Adams
6. Dieng
7. Burke
8. Hardaway Jr.
9. Olynyk
10. Bennett

Seriously 6er fans, I know we all like to be homers, but no way can you put a guy who missed the whole year with an injury number one overall.

Even when it was always known that he would likely miss the whole year, he was projected by many scouts and journalists to be the number one pick. Him going sixth was a shock to pretty much everyone. The fact that most of the class performed below expectations, having not played at all (when he was never supposed to) does actually put him higher.

No, it doesn't. Noel's injury wasn't the only reason why he was drafted 6th. Low basketball IQ, no offensive skill, questionable attitude and work ethic, weight, refusing to visit teams outside of the top-3... Those question marks remain.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#83 » by bigboi » Thu May 29, 2014 3:18 pm

This might be controversial, but honestly I might take Shabazz Muhammad in the top 5 possibly top 3 in this class. He showed glimpses when he got playing time and he seemed to be more a team player than he was before.
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
Musli
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#84 » by Musli » Thu May 29, 2014 8:42 pm

Watch out for Archie Goodwin. He's got the tools and drive to be a great player. You'll see the signs in this year's summer league.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#85 » by Marcus » Thu May 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Musli wrote:Watch out for Archie Goodwin. He's got the tools and drive to be a great player. You'll see the signs in this year's summer league.

I hope so. I think this summer league as a whole is going to be intriguing to watch. A lot of the kids that came on stronger as the year went on mixed in with this incoming class of talent is going to be a fun watch development wise.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#86 » by HornetJail » Fri May 30, 2014 5:19 am

bigboi wrote:This might be controversial, but honestly I might take Shabazz Muhammad in the top 5 possibly top 3 in this class. He showed glimpses when he got playing time and he seemed to be more a team player than he was before.

WOW i completely forgot he was in the league. He's fallen FAR.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Baller2014
Banned User
And1: 519

Post#87 » by Baller2014 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:01 am

In fairness, a lot of non-Hornet fans probably feel the same way about MKG.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#88 » by bigboi » Fri May 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Biz Gilwalker wrote:
bigboi wrote:This might be controversial, but honestly I might take Shabazz Muhammad in the top 5 possibly top 3 in this class. He showed glimpses when he got playing time and he seemed to be more a team player than he was before.

WOW i completely forgot he was in the league. He's fallen FAR.

After his stint in the Dleague, he came back a much better player and became a team player, but he got injured towards the end of the season
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#89 » by Golabki » Fri May 30, 2014 6:04 pm

TeaM DimE wrote:Steven Adams is grossly overrated. He hasnt done much besides getting under peoples skin and being the beneficiary of a big man on an elite team when he is getting easy Dunks because of the attention on Westy and KD. He has no jump shot, No post moves, nothing.
at age 20 he's a core rotation on one of the best 3 teams in the nba... ROY MCW wouldn't make the 12 man roster for okc.

That's more impressive than anything anyone else in the draft class.

I don't think anyone sees him as a future 20ppg scorer... He'll always be defense first.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#90 » by moss_is_1 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:14 pm

ColdBlooded wrote:this draft class was gross.

9. Twolves: Bennett

10.Portland : Dieng

:noway: No reason for us to take Bennett, yuck. We'd probably take KCP or still take Dieng.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#91 » by machu46 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Golabki wrote:
TeaM DimE wrote:Steven Adams is grossly overrated. He hasnt done much besides getting under peoples skin and being the beneficiary of a big man on an elite team when he is getting easy Dunks because of the attention on Westy and KD. He has no jump shot, No post moves, nothing.
at age 20 he's a core rotation on one of the best 3 teams in the nba... ROY MCW wouldn't make the 12 man roster for okc.

That's more impressive than anything anyone else in the draft class.

I don't think anyone sees him as a future 20ppg scorer... He'll always be defense first.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Besides the fact that you're flat out wrong, Adams literally HAS to play. Their front court depth is a joke. The only position that they have any sort of depth at is PG, which happens to be the position that MCW plays. But even then, they would find him playing time before playing someone like Jeremy Lamb or possibly Fisher.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Adams; he's definitely exceeded expectations this year, but besides being a versatile, but undisciplined defender, he doesn't really bring anything to the team right now.

I think OKC would flirt with the idea of playing MCW and Westbrook together for stretches as well, so yeah, I just think you're wrong.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#92 » by ColdBlooded » Fri May 30, 2014 6:56 pm

gaspar wrote:
dorkestra wrote:
tranjSAIC wrote:Seriously 6er fans, I know we all like to be homers, but no way can you put a guy who missed the whole year with an injury number one overall.

Even when it was always known that he would likely miss the whole year, he was projected by many scouts and journalists to be the number one pick. Him going sixth was a shock to pretty much everyone. The fact that most of the class performed below expectations, having not played at all (when he was never supposed to) does actually put him higher.

No, it doesn't. Noel's injury wasn't the only reason why he was drafted 6th. Low basketball IQ, no offensive skill, questionable attitude and work ethic, weight, refusing to visit teams outside of the top-3... Those question marks remain.

- Noel doesnt have a low bball IQ.

- you're right on no offensive skill.

- he has a great attitude on and off the court. dont know where you grabbed that from.

-he's been known to be a hardworker.

- weight is a valid concern.

- alot of projected top 3 picks do that. everyone here was surprised he slipped out of it, its not like he foolishly skipped workouts, he like everyone else thought he was a lock in the top 3.

you basically just made up question marks on him.
Sam Hinkie crew.
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#93 » by ColdBlooded » Fri May 30, 2014 6:56 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:
ColdBlooded wrote:this draft class was gross.

9. Twolves: Bennett

10.Portland : Dieng

:noway: No reason for us to take Bennett, yuck. We'd probably take KCP or still take Dieng.

you're probably right.
Sam Hinkie crew.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#94 » by gaspar » Fri May 30, 2014 7:41 pm

ColdBlooded wrote:- Noel doesnt have a low bball IQ.

Yes, he does.

ColdBlooded wrote:- he has a great attitude on and off the court. dont know where you grabbed that from.

Amin Elhassan disagrees.
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#95 » by ColdBlooded » Fri May 30, 2014 8:18 pm

gaspar wrote:
ColdBlooded wrote:- Noel doesnt have a low bball IQ.

Yes, he does.

ColdBlooded wrote:- he has a great attitude on and off the court. dont know where you grabbed that from.

Amin Elhassan disagrees.

lol no, he doesnt. dont confuse lack of offensive skills to low IQ.

Amin, just like you, are totally wrong. the kid is all about the team. he plays with a fire to win. He's also a good teammate.

off the court, thats pretty well documented. two years straight he's taken a kid with cancer to the kentucky derby with him. Noel is a high character kid.
Sam Hinkie crew.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#96 » by ManualRam » Fri May 30, 2014 8:56 pm

elhassan used a phrase to describe noel's defense in college and it was "lacking in defensive discretion." that's a great way to put it.
noel never struck me as much of a thinker on the court.
i'd describe him as a low bball iq player too.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ColdBlooded
Rookie

Post#97 » by ColdBlooded » Fri May 30, 2014 9:51 pm

ManualRam wrote:elhassan used a phrase to describe noel's defense in college and it was "lacking in defensive discretion." that's a great way to put it.
noel never struck me as much of a thinker on the court.
i'd describe him as a low bball iq player too.

i disagree with that.

but thats even the one i have a problem with.

labeling Noel as a player with attitude problems & work ethic issues is just flat out wrong. he was liked by all his teammates , always played hard, and never was a team cancer. His off the court actions also speak to his high character.

he was known to be a hard worker in college and Brett Brown has praised him for the work he's put in this season with him.

lol i dont get where he's getting this from.
Sam Hinkie crew.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#98 » by ManualRam » Fri May 30, 2014 9:59 pm

i don't think we're privy to anything that should sway us either way as far as off the court work ethic and attitude goes.
we could maybe point to his improvement (or lack of) physically and skill-wise as evidence of work ethic, but i don't think he had any off the court attitude issues and i didn't see any on the court.

all i know is what i see on the court and i didn't see a high IQ player.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
greenandgold
Senior
And1: 202

Post#99 » by greenandgold » Sun Jun 1, 2014 2:57 pm

It all depends on which teams are doing the re-drafting and in what order. If OKC has the #1 overall pick in 2013 they're taking Adams again. No question about it.
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Post#100 » by Juggynaut » Thu Jun 5, 2014 5:35 pm

1. MCW
2. Victor Oladipo
3. Steven Adams
4. Giannis Antetokounmpo
5. Nerlens Noel
6. Gorgui Dieng
7. Kelly Olynyk
8. Trey Burke
9. Tim Hardaway Jr
10. Alex Len

Return to NBA Draft