2015 NBA Draft.

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

franckyvinvin12
Sophomore
And1: 29

Re: 2015 NBA Draft. 

Post#1281 » by franckyvinvin12 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:22 am

Thimothée Luwawu is not a first rounder imo. He's intriguing but he looks more athletic than he really is because the french 2nd division in which he plays is not that athletic. And he's raw. His shooting needs improving but he has a sound shooting mechanic. But would you spend a 1st round pick for a raw prospect that could develop into a 3&D guy ? No way, you either go with potential (his ceiling is not that good) or with a skilled proven player (he's not).

About Kaba, he's never actually played in a pro league (only a few minutes this season) so it is really hard to tell. I'm looking forward to see official measurements (freakish wingspan ?) and the Treviso eurocamp. Until then, all we know is teams seem to like him as he's been invited to a lot of workouts.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#1282 » by doordoor123 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:36 am

Was listening to a draft workout interview with Walt Perron, VP of player personnel and he was talking about JP Tokoto's shot mechanics. He avoided a question about Takoto being able to change his shot mechanics by saying it isn't something he can talk about right now. I don't know about you, but it seems to me he thinks Takoto's shot can't be helped much.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1283 » by doordoor123 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:49 am

[instagram][/instagram]
doordoor123 wrote:What do you guys think of Norman Powell? He's super athletic, super quick, has nice handles, plays as UCLA's top wing defender and puts up some nice numbers. I think he's really underrated for his size and his team. I think he projects well as a pro and can play both sides of the ball. How is this guy not even a first round pick in most mocks?

I still don't understand how he fell to the Raptors. Some of these teams need to reevaluate their scouting reports.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1284 » by Marcus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:39 am

doordoor123 wrote:[instagram][/instagram]
doordoor123 wrote:What do you guys think of Norman Powell? He's super athletic, super quick, has nice handles, plays as UCLA's top wing defender and puts up some nice numbers. I think he's really underrated for his size and his team. I think he projects well as a pro and can play both sides of the ball. How is this guy not even a first round pick in most mocks?

I still don't understand how he fell to the Raptors. Some of these teams need to reevaluate their scouting reports.

Thought he was a first rounder all season. Surprised about the drop too.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1285 » by EMG518 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Marcus wrote:

To me it makes sense why he fell, I see a senior who is athletic but isnt a good basketball player nor does he have a position. I dont see any specific skill that translates.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1286 » by Marcus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:25 pm

EMG518 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

To me it makes sense why he fell, I see a senior who is athletic but isnt a good basketball player nor does he have a position. I dont see any specific skill that translates.

undersized height wise but long enough with good 3&D potential as a SG i thought.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
EMG518
Veteran

Post#1287 » by EMG518 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Marcus wrote:
EMG518 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

undersized height wise but long enough with good 3&D potential as a SG i thought.

I dont think he will be that good of a defender, and I know he isnt a good shooter.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1288 » by Marcus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:28 pm

EMG518 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
EMG518 wrote:

I dont think he will be that good of a defender, and I know he isnt a good shooter.

we'll see how it turns out. Wonder how many minutes will be available in Toronto.
Watch More Basketball

EMG518
Veteran

Post#1289 » by EMG518 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Marcus wrote:
EMG518 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

we'll see how it turns out. Wonder how many minutes will be available in Toronto.

We will see indeed. As far as playing time, very few if any would be my guess.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1290 » by Marcus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:38 pm

EMG518 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
EMG518 wrote:

yeah i was thinking that as well. He'll have to play his way into rotation minutes.

T. Ross and Derozan should chew up the minutes at the 2

CoJo with Lowry at the 2 if they go small. i can see some minutes for Delon somewhere in there.

I'm under the assumption that Ross might be on his last leg in terms of proving himself and breaking out. More than willing to take some Raptors fans input on that though.
Watch More Basketball

Cineast
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#1291 » by Cineast » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:55 pm

Marcus wrote:
EMG518 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

yeah i was thinking that as well. He'll have to play his way into rotation minutes.

CoJo with Lowry at the 2 if they go small. i can see some minutes for Delon somewhere in there.

I'm under the assumption that Ross might be on his last leg in terms of proving himself and breaking out. More than willing to take some Raptors fans input on that though.

Not a Raptor fan, but that would be my guess too. Their draft and free agency moves clearly indicates that they needed to upgrade on the wings.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1292 » by Marcus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:56 pm

Cineast wrote:
Marcus wrote:
EMG518 wrote:

Not a Raptor fan, but that would be my guess too. Their draft and free agency moves clearly indicates that they needed to upgrade on the wings.

especially if the Batum rumors are true.
Watch More Basketball

doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1293 » by doordoor123 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:27 pm

EMG518 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
EMG518 wrote:

He can guard 1-3 and he always guarded against the other team's best players in college. He can really defend and he's super athletic. I thought he would be much better with space and I still think he will. His shot will come, but I see no reason he can't contribute as much as Tony Allen (minus Allen being a top defender in the league).
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1294 » by doordoor123 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:28 pm

EMG518 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
EMG518 wrote:

He can guard 1-3 and he always guarded against the other team's best players in college. He can really defend and he's super athletic. I thought he would be much better with space and I still think he will. His shot will come, but I see no reason he can't contribute as much as Tony Allen (minus Allen being a top defender in the league).
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1295 » by No-Man » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:48 am

Powell is basically Shannon Brown
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1296 » by doordoor123 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:39 pm

Fischella wrote:Powell is basically Shannon Brown

Powell is more explosive, better vertical, potentially better on-ball defender and he has quicker dribble moves. I also think his footwork getting In the paint in a half-court setting is better. Powell is a ball of energy and should be more of an energizer off the bench. I'm not saying Brown was bad at that stuff, but Powell has a bit more upside and umph to his game. His quickness reminds me of Jason Terry, but he doesn't have that game. He reminds me a lot of someone from the 90s, but I can't put my finger on it.
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#1297 » by DickGrayson » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:00 am

Winslow will astonish people from how NBA ready he is.

Return to NBA Draft