Teen Wolves

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

NL41
Banned User
And1: 260

Teen Wolves 

Post#1 » by NL41 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:34 pm

I posted this in the Wolves forum but since the idea of Wiggins and LaVine on the same team (like Philly) was discussed here, I'm re-posting:

Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Re: Teen Wolves 

Post#2 » by Mr Sixer » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:34 pm

NL41
Banned User

Post#3 » by NL41 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:16 am

Embiid, Dario, future first + future second was a pretty good haul with your two top 10 picks. Were you hoping for Zach at 10?
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:24 pm

I like this team quite a bit more. Wiggins and LaVine were two of my favorite players in the draft. Both have endless potential. LaVine could be this year's Westbrook, and Wiggins could be Paul George or even Scottie Pippen. I also like Shabazz Muhammad, and I wouldn't be surprised to see LaVine, Muhammad, and Wiggins be Minnesota's starting 1-3 in a couple of years once they figure out Rubio isn't all that.

Am I going too far if I suggest that an eight man rotation of
Pek/Dieng
Thad/[Dieng]
Wiggins/Brewer
Martin/LaVine
Rubio/[LaVine]

is going to win nearly the same amount of games as last year's Wolves?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
NL41
Banned User

Post#5 » by NL41 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:57 pm

I think Pek will average 20+ ppg with more opportunities sans Love.

Starting Dieng with Pek might not end up as a terrible idea, since LaVine, Wiggins, Shabazz, and Bennett can all create their own offense and also don't need to drive to the hoop to score.

Nothing wrong with taking long twos if you have two good rebounders underneath, and athletes crashing the boards.
Mahaffey
Senior
And1: 224

Post#6 » by Mahaffey » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:21 pm

People who should really stop comparing Athletic wings to Scottie Pippen. Especially Wiggins, and I like Wiggins. But Scottie was a top 20-25 player of all time, one of the quickest/ most graceful athletes in the history of the league, prolly the best perimeter defender of all time, oh yeah, and he had point guard handles.
NL41
Banned User

Post#7 » by NL41 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:14 pm

Another rookie duo

TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 570

Post#8 » by TwolvesFanRome » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:49 am

Mahaffey wrote:People who should really stop comparing Athletic wings to Scottie Pippen. Especially Wiggins, and I like Wiggins. But Scottie was a top 20-25 player of all time, one of the quickest/ most graceful athletes in the history of the league, prolly the best perimeter defender of all time, oh yeah, and he had point guard handles.

Scottie Pippen. :love: :love: not replicable. :noway:

Anyway i believe Wiggins will be a Great All Star very soon.
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
Mahaffey
Senior
And1: 224

Post#9 » by Mahaffey » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:47 pm

TwolvesFanRome wrote:
Mahaffey wrote:People who should really stop comparing Athletic wings to Scottie Pippen. Especially Wiggins, and I like Wiggins. But Scottie was a top 20-25 player of all time, one of the quickest/ most graceful athletes in the history of the league, prolly the best perimeter defender of all time, oh yeah, and he had point guard handles.

He isn't
Wiggins is nowhere near the ball handler or defender Pippen was
even early on in his career
but keep the dream alive!!!!
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 570

Post#10 » by TwolvesFanRome » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Mahaffey wrote:
TwolvesFanRome wrote:

He isn't
Wiggins is nowhere near the ball handler or defender Pippen was
even early on in his career
but keep the dream alive!!!!

i said this. Scottie is not replicable. anyway can become an All star in a few years
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga

Return to NBA Draft