Amida Brimah

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,298

Amida Brimah 

Post#1 » by babyjax13 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:43 pm

In case anyone has missed it, he has been really impressive in Puerto Rico. Hasn't faced the best competition, but had a very nice game against Dayton and looks to be much improved from last season. Great, fluid athlete for his size. Where to people feel his upside is? At this point, I feel like he is at least in consideration as an early-mid second round pick with his size and the improvement he has shown. He has to keep showing it, though, to stay there or move up.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Re: Amida Brimah 

Post#2 » by Zombiesonics » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:47 pm

He is nearly lotto in 2016 according to DX. huge matchup vs okafor in mid december
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,298

Post#3 » by babyjax13 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:50 pm

I guess I need to follow DX more, haha. I've just been really impressed with him so far, he is the prototypical defensive center in the Tyson Chandler/Samuel Dalembert mold.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#4 » by No-Man » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:35 am

Zombiesonics wrote:He is nearly lotto in 2016 according to DX. huge matchup vs okafor in mid december

he is old for his class unless something weird happens he is leaving this season
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#5 » by Zombiesonics » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Fischella wrote:
Zombiesonics wrote:He is nearly lotto in 2016 according to DX. huge matchup vs okafor in mid december

he is old for his class unless something weird happens he is leaving this season

He is old, but you should also factor in that he's been playing basketball for very short time in his life. His trajectory is much different than a normal american teen. He dominated in hs in miami, but against average hs competition. He still needs to develop a feel, and footwork on the offensive end.

He has all the physical tools; insane jumping ability off two feet ( which helps with his rim protection) due to competing in track n field, and he also has gigantic hands.

really need to see how he matches up with okafor and the texas frontline (thats next week, must watch). if he plays well, i could join you in thinking he is gone for sure. something to keep an eye on is his passing ability, really advanced due to soccer background.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#6 » by No-Man » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:07 pm

He really look Mutombo-ish

Return to NBA Draft