Kelly Oubre

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

randle3030
Ballboy
And1: 1

Kelly Oubre 

Post#1 » by randle3030 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:20 am

looks like a high talent wings and who is his nba comparison? how high he would be in the draft?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Kelly Oubre 

Post#2 » by Marcus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:39 am

great tools but I was never that sold on the kid coming into the year. thought he was a gunner and played a bit selfish on both ends. His play at KU has changed my perspective on him. Love what he does on the court for his team. I think Self sitting him earlier this year really put the humble in him and its paid off in a major way and made him a better team guy to go with his superstar tools.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Big_C_KU
Junior
And1: 106

Post#3 » by Big_C_KU » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:23 am

He's a guy who, if he continues to play the way he has been, could go in the bottom half of the lottery on mostly potential with ok production. I feel he could come back though and be very productive and be taken in the top half of the lottery in 2016. Also think he's right on the cusp of exploding this year. Right now has those stretches of great plays but can't sustain it. Also think he still has major issues with focus when playing off the ball both on defense and offense although he's come a long ways in those departments since the beginning of the year. Still someone is going to draft him and like him because he can knock down the 3, be a pest on defense with his ability to cause turnovers, and be able to score in the open court.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#4 » by No-Man » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:23 pm

He looks a little bit like Josh Howard to me.
Jheri Curl
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#5 » by Jheri Curl » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:56 pm

He's improved quickly from the start of the year. Still kinda raw for a perimeter guy but has certified skills, runs the floor in transition very well, very good athlete, very good rebounder...still have a good month+ to show further improvement and with a good tournament showing he's easily a lotto pick.
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#6 » by MalonesElbows » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Has Wesley Johnson type bust potential from his weak handles. Risky pick.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,839

Post#7 » by Mik317 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:04 pm

His potential can get a GM fired or make him look like a God. He will probably get the Paul George comp and live off of that for years. I am intrigued but super skeptical as well.

He has all the tools for the most part and should be a solid player at worst...but eehhh. I'd probably be happier with taking him later than you will have to. He is a guy you have to take late lottery too.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
vdalfmd
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#8 » by vdalfmd » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:11 pm

I've not followed KU so much this year. He's a potential great fit with my 76ers.

He's better or worse than Wiggins as ballhandler and passer at the same stage? And defense?
Shooting stroke seems to be pure. Pretty confusing prospect considered how strange was his freshman season.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#9 » by Catchall » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:21 am

I'm not seeing what people's doubts are about Oubre. The expectations are high, I think. The guy looks prototypical for a wing with great length, shooting touch and offensive instincts. He's playing hard for Kansas and putting up decent numbers for a freshman. If he gets stronger and gains confidence, he could be a beast, and I don't think his floor is that low. He's at least a 3/D wing with some offensive upside.

As a Jazz fan, I'd rank Hezonja first, then it's really close between Oubre and Winslow for me. With Johnson, I'm not quite sure he's skilled enough or mobile enough to translate to a high-impact player. His shooting motion isn't very fast and he needs his feet set. I think there's some risk there. He relies a bit on a strength and bulk advantage at the college level, which won't be there for him in the pros.

Devin Booker is intriguing as a potential combo guard depending on where his ball skills turn out. His measurables are very close to both Brandon Roy and D'Angelo Russell. The question is whether he can be a part-time creator with the ball. If he can, then I have him and Johnson on the same tier.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#10 » by Catchall » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:24 am

MalonesElbows wrote:Has Wesley Johnson type bust potential from his weak handles. Risky pick.

Wesley Johnson was almost 23 when he was drafted, and he wasn't nearly the shooter Oubre is at 19.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to NBA Draft