What is your team's draft needs for the 2015 Draft?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Re: What is your team's draft needs for the 2015 Draft? 

Post#21 » by InFlames » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Porzingis would be perfect in Orlando, but I just have some feeling that we let Tobias walk and draft Stan Johnson.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#22 » by No-Man » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:21 pm

InFlames wrote:Porzingis would be perfect in Orlando, but I just have some feeling that we let Tobias walk and draft Stan Johnson.

why Johnson? he is not only the worst of the wing crop as a project but also the worst fit for the Magic from that group
Gilles
Rookie
And1: 70

Post#23 » by Gilles » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Ruzious wrote:If you play Cousins at PF offensively to accommodate WCS, isn't that likely going to lead Cousins to shooting more jump shots? Do you want him to shoot more jump shots?
Well, Boogie would still look to post, and WCS would be expected to provide screen work and cut to the basket looking for oop passes and offensive rebounds. If he's left in space, Caulie-Stein is a scoring threat given his mobility, length and explosiveness off the floor.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#24 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Gilles wrote:
Ruzious wrote:If you play Cousins at PF offensively to accommodate WCS, isn't that likely going to lead Cousins to shooting more jump shots? Do you want him to shoot more jump shots?
Well, Boogie would still look to post, and WCS would be expected to provide screen work and cut to the basket looking for oop passes and offensive rebounds. If he's left in space, Caulie-Stein is a scoring threat given his mobility, length and explosiveness off the floor.

I just don't see those offensive skills in WCS.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#25 » by Catchall » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:37 am

Jazz primarily need a shooter/scorer who plays adequate defense. Wing or big preferred. A wing might start next to Hayward as either an SF or SG. A big would back up Favors and Gobert, while stretching the floor.

Candidates: Russell, Hezonja, Johnson, Oubre, Kaminski ... I'm not crazy about Looney...

FWIW, I think Johnson will end up a David West-type forward, and probably a good one.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Post#26 » by ImChillin01 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:08 am

Fischella wrote:
InFlames wrote:Porzingis would be perfect in Orlando, but I just have some feeling that we let Tobias walk and draft Stan Johnson.

why Johnson? he is not only the worst of the wing crop as a project but also the worst fit for the Magic from that group

Worst wing of the wing crop? Lol I'd take him ahead of Winslow 10/10. Hes far from project. Muiday is project, Johnson isnt. He has shown he has jumpshot, plays solid d, rebounds and has Great athleticism. Hes top 5 prospect but gets left out of top 4 discussion because he plays in West Coast
ImChillin01
Banned User

Post#27 » by ImChillin01 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:11 am

Catchall wrote:Jazz primarily need a shooter/scorer who plays adequate defense. Wing or big preferred. A wing might start next to Hayward as either an SF or SG. A big would back up Favors and Gobert, while stretching the floor.

Candidates: Russell, Hezonja, Johnson, Oubre, Kaminski ... I'm not crazy about Looney...

FWIW, I think Johnson will end up a David West-type forward, and probably a good one.

Are you serious? Stanley Johnson is SF, David West is PF. Dont have similiar games at all. Stanley Johnson is a slasher, David West is pick and pop PF and mid range post game.
ImChillin01
Banned User

Post#28 » by ImChillin01 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:23 am

Raps need backup PG who can play defense. KRIS DUNN
Raps need backup C who can play defense. JAKOB PROETL
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#29 » by DET_Athletics » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:38 pm

ImChillin01 wrote:
Fischella wrote:

Worst wing of the wing crop? Lol I'd take him ahead of Winslow 10/10. Hes far from project. Muiday is project, Johnson isnt. He has shown he has jumpshot, plays solid d, rebounds and has Great athleticism. Hes top 5 prospect but gets left out of top 4 discussion because he plays in West Coast

your loss will be the pistons gain.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,843

Post#30 » by Mik317 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:23 pm

We need everything.

PG: Major need here although we could get by with Ish for a little longer..not like we are contending anytime soon but still...need.
SG: Have needed one for a decade now. Preferably one that can shoot or at least create for himself.
SF: Need but less so. We could use an upgrade here but we have some prospects on board already...as fringe as they may be.
PF: Backup if we keep Noel , mainly one that can shoot and stretch the floor.
C: Same as above.

The good thing is that we can reasonably go anyway in this draft (unless its Towns I rather not go big with our lottery pick..maybe in the second or if we use our copious amounts of picks to get back into the first round)....the bad thing is...we need difference makers at multiple positions sooo yeaaah.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#31 » by tmorgan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:25 pm

As Notanoob said, the PIstons can theoretically use anything but a PG and a C. It stinks to have multiple needs, but it does allow a lot of useful picks. If we stay 8th, I think it's safe to assume KAT, Okafor, Mudiay, Russell, and Winslow are definitely gone, probably in the first five picks. After that, two more guys will go from the list of Hezonja, Johnson, and WCS. Cauley-Stein is the only guy that makes zero sense for the Pistons, so if he goes top 7 (do it, Kings!), we'll have one of the other two. I personally don't like Hezonja, but others do. Hopefully we end up with Stanley Johnson.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#32 » by SparksFly87 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:29 pm

76ers need perimeter scorers who can create their own shot.

1. Russell
2. Mudiay
3 Hezonja.
Laquinton
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#33 » by Laquinton » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:27 pm

HELL NO, that's why I prefer winslow. WCS is overrated, hes already a junior in college and he's NCAA tourney isn't that impressive.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,012

Post#34 » by KillMonger » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:32 pm

For Orlando Biggest needs are Rim Protection and Three point Shooting
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,267

Post#35 » by Frank Dux » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Lakers biggest need?

Young talent. I'm just hoping we don't lose the darn pick. I'd be ecstatic with any of the top 5. Since the Lakers are completely devoid of talent, we go with the best available. I'm hoping for a star in the top 5, and a rock solid role player with the Rockets pick. Maybe even another diamond in the rough, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Post#36 » by Hemispheres » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Knicks literally need everything but a scoring forward...

My order of preferece: Okafor -> Towns -> Russel
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#37 » by bondom34 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:35 pm

OKC, ideally a backup SF, maybe a PG if someone good is available.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#38 » by KF10 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:36 pm

Fischella wrote:They need to play Gay at the PF and play Winslow at the SF.

Rudy as PF in George Karl's system seems to work well whenever Rudy plays next to Cousins.

If this trend continues i.e. Rudy is a permanent PF, then yes, a SF would be a need. Winslow would be perfect.

Realistically though, how viable is Rudy at PF for 82 games? I mean, when Rudy was matched up against Anthony Davis not too long ago and Rudy completely shut him down whenever he was matched against him. Many consider AD as the best PF in the world. So, I can see Rudy at PF for the majority of the season. That said, what happens when Rudy goes up against the ZBo's of the NBA? What now? Those type of PF would probably overpower Rudy and it would be a bad matchup for the Kings. It's kind of a double-edge sword type of scenario.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#39 » by Wizop » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Pacers are set on the wing as long as we can resign Stuckey. We could use a power forward to learn behind West particularly if we let Scola go. We're set at center. if the bigs are gone, we could go with a point guard to play behind GHill with either Watson or Sloan moving on.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 548

Post#40 » by They_Them_Hatin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:01 am

Hornets need a shooter if we don't jump up into the top 3. Hopefully Hezonja falls to 9th.

Return to NBA Draft