2016 draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: 2016 draft 

Post#41 » by No-Man » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:22 pm

Sabonis is crazy overrated in this board.
immortalone23
Bench Warmer
And1: 416

Re: Re: 2016 draft 

Post#42 » by immortalone23 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:23 pm

pohani komarac wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:
pohani komarac wrote:
in 2017 draft journalist that don't nderstand basketball will realize how Bender is realy talented is because they can only see now, not future and will put him on top of the mocks

One thing I realy don't understand is, why you all so much depend on DX, Draftnet, espn opinions???

Wha do you mean?

because it is truth

evrey class is the same....they hype overdeveloped kids and in 2/3 years they see those kids dominate as expected, while some others catch those kids and they start write about them like they discoverd fire......and posters just folow their opinions

if they actally had clue about basketball they would be much more acurate discovering and rating kids like A. Davis, Bender, Porzingis lot earlier and could see J. Mccado and all the former top players on mock that fell down were just premature boys

What do you think we should do when judging the prospects? I want to know your opinion.
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150

Post#43 » by pohani komarac » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:24 pm

immortalone23 wrote:
pohani komarac wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:Wha do you mean?

because it is truth

evrey class is the same....they hype overdeveloped kids and in 2/3 years they see those kids dominate as expected, while some others catch those kids and they start write about them like they discoverd fire......and posters just folow their opinions

if they actally had clue about basketball they would be much more acurate discovering and rating kids like A. Davis, Bender, Porzingis lot earlier and could see J. Mccado and all the former top players on mock that fell down were just premature boys

What do you think we should do when judging the prospects? I want to know your opinion.

well, create your opinion based on your eye test
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#44 » by Marcus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:31 pm

pohani komarac wrote:
immortalone23 wrote:
pohani komarac wrote:

because it is truth

well, create your opinion based on your eye test

i think that happens more than you're giving it credit for. I'm not saying everybody does it but there is a pretty good number of posters here that do their own research.

I for one haven't seen enough of Bender to give an opinion which is why I haven't made any statements about him in any threads. I simply don't know enough to form an opinion. I do know and have seen some of the talent that's slated to be available in 2017 and its a pretty top heavy draft right now. If Bender can slide to the top of that board then that's saying something I think. If he has the skillset to do that then great. I'm all about adding the best talent to the NBA and making it better as a whole.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#45 » by Marcus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Fischella wrote:Sabonis is crazy overrated in this board.

i haven't really seen it either.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150

Post#46 » by pohani komarac » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:36 pm

Beder is actally late bloomer, like A. Davis, Porzingis, Atenkonompo, P. Gasol etc.
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#47 » by peZt » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Drafting Poetl and Sabonis above Bender should be considered a crime.
I'm sure he will make his way up to the top 5 during the year.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#48 » by EMG518 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:18 pm

Jamal Murray reclassified and is attending Kentucky, very interesting. Havent seen him outside of the hoops summit which he played quite well in this past year. I know someone else was really hyping him on the boards here, interested to see him play college ball.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#49 » by Marcus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:26 pm

EMG518 wrote:Jamal Murray reclassified and is attending Kentucky, very interesting. Havent seen him outside of the hoops summit which he played quite well in this past year. I know someone else was really hyping him on the boards here, interested to see him play college ball.

i think he's ready and should be good at Uk. He and Briscoe provide some that guard size that left with the Harrisons. the PnR PnP game with Skal could be money this year.
Watch More Basketball

EMG518
Veteran

Post#50 » by EMG518 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:36 pm

Marcus wrote:
EMG518 wrote:Jamal Murray reclassified and is attending Kentucky, very interesting. Havent seen him outside of the hoops summit which he played quite well in this past year. I know someone else was really hyping him on the boards here, interested to see him play college ball.

i think he's ready and should be good at Uk. He and Briscoe provide some that guard size that left with the Harrisons. the PnR PnP game with Skal could be money this year.

Replaced some of that size but more importantly increased the iq at the guard position ten fold. I am ready for the new crop and to see what they can do, I have watched this years crop to death already.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#51 » by Marcus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:48 pm

EMG518 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Replaced some of that size but more importantly increased the iq at the guard position ten fold. I am ready for the new crop and to see what they can do, I have watched this years crop to death already.

Still trying to buy in on Briscoe. He's hot and cold with me. There's a lot about his game that I like and just as much that I don't. I'd expect that he needs to make some major adjustments to maximize his stock and effectiveness on the college level. Right now to me he looks like the 3rd or even 4th best pro prospect on that team, while i've heard and seen top 5 to 10 range for him in 2016. I just don't quite yet see that top of potential in him.
Watch More Basketball

EMG518
Veteran

Post#52 » by EMG518 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:40 pm

I could be crazy, I am strictly basing this off of highlights and have never seen an actual game in which he played but I think Derryk Thornton is going to be the next big time guard to hit the league. I cant wait to see this kid at Duke.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#53 » by reanimator » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:18 pm

reanimator
Analyst

Post#54 » by reanimator » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:18 pm

oops
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#55 » by Justwar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:37 pm

Briscoe reminds me of a better defending Jamaal Tinsley. Murray is a lot like Brandon knight but a better playmaker. Skal im interested to see if he can make close to the defensive impact of Davis or towns
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#56 » by ColdBlooded » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Skal #1 pick.
Sam Hinkie crew.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#57 » by reanimator » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:03 pm

oops
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 727

Post#58 » by RollingWave » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 am

Cammo101 wrote:
IMO...

1. Ben Simmons (6'9'', SF, High School/LSU)
2. Skal Labissiere (6'10'', PF, High School/Kentucky)
3. Jaylen Brown (6'7'', SF, High School/California)
4. Jakob Poeltl (7'0'', C, Utah, Fresh.)
5. Brandon Ingram (6'8'', SF, High School/Duke)
6. Domantas Sabonis (6'10'', PF, Gonzaga, Fresh.)
7. Ivan Rabb (6'10'', PF, High School/California)
8. Cheick Diallo (6'9'', PF, High School/Kansas)
9. Diamond Stone (6'10'', C, High School/Maryland)
10. Malik Newman (6'4'', SG, High School/Mississippi State)
11. Dragan Bender (6'11'', PF, Croatia)
12. Stephen Zimmerman (7'0'', C, High School/UNLV)
13. Kris Dunn (6'3'', PG, Providence, Soph.)
14. Furkan Korkmaz (6'6'', SG, Turkey)
15. Daniel Hamilton (6'7'', SF, Connecticut, Fresh.)
16. Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk (6'6'', SG, Kansas, Fresh.)
17. Jamal Murray (6'4'', SG, High School/Undecided)
18. Melo Trimble (6'3'', PG, Maryland, Fresh.)
19. Zhou Qi (7'1'', C, China)
20. Malik Pope (6'10'', SF, San Diego State, Fresh.)
21. Caris LeVert (6'6'', SG, Michigan, Jr.)
22. Isaiah Briscoe (6'3'', PG, High School/Kentucky)
23. Thon Maker (7'0'', C, High School/Undecided)
24. Demetrius Jackson (6'1'', PG, Notre Dame, Soph.)
25. Buddy Hield (6'4'', SG, Oklahoma, Jr.)

I dunno, Zhou Qi looks like a top 10 pick to me barring injury or other issues (like maybe he also can't speak a lick of English like Yi.) but that block timing is pretty unreal, you don't block shots like that without pretty exceptional feel for the game regardless of how tall you are. and he's clearly got a stroke (though not a 3 point one yet.) sure he's thin , but that's usually the most fixable problem. he also showed a pretty wide range of skill last year in the CBA. (including some crazy coast to coast finish with a Euro step dunk over two guys sort of stuff.)

It seems to me he's got a good chance to be Ibaka. that's not a game changing player. but it is one of those max money role players.

He's listed as C, but seem to be playing a PF game right now. if he's going to succeed in the NBA it's a stretch 4/5 type.
The river of time wash away all heroes
ColdBlooded
Rookie
And1: 1,190

Post#59 » by ColdBlooded » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:27 am

Marcus wrote:
EMG518 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Still trying to buy in on Briscoe. He's hot and cold with me. There's a lot about his game that I like and just as much that I don't. I'd expect that he needs to make some major adjustments to maximize his stock and effectiveness on the college level. Right now to me he looks like the 3rd or even 4th best pro prospect on that team, while i've heard and seen top 5 to 10 range for him in 2016. I just don't quite yet see that top of potential in him.

He just confirmed my worries at the all-star circuit. Unathletic & below average shooting skills, which will produce an inefficient, bad defending PG. Can he get to the rim without bullying? Doubt it. When he gets to the cup, can he finish in traffic? I saw him get stuffed way too often.

His passing surprised me and his handles lead to some creative things, but i just don't see a 1st round talent. I expect Ulis & Murray to be better than him at Kentucky.
Sam Hinkie crew.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,785

Post#60 » by UcanUwill » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:06 am

I dont gey Sabonis hype. He looks like a 20-30 pick, what im missing?

Return to NBA Draft