Embiid Noel & Russell vs Okafor Randle & Clarkson vs Towns Wiggins & Levine

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Who do you think has the best Group of 3?

Towns Wiggins & Levine,
48%
Randle , Clarkson, and Russell
6%
Okafor, Noel, & ?????
45%

Total votes: 253

doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Re: Embiid Noel & Russell vs Okafor Randle & Clarkson vs Towns Wiggins & Levine 

Post#21 » by doordoor123 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:19 pm

Most upside potential is Timberwolves. Best right now should be Lakers. Eventually is the 76ers.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#22 » by LloydFree » Mon May 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Mattya wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:
Mattya wrote:Why are we leaving the rest of the Wolves young players?

Assuming he's only comparing the last 3 drafts.

If that is the case, why are we leaving out Shabazz Muhammad and Gorgui Dieng?

In that case, then the 76ers are leaving out Robert Covington and Tony Wroten, who are younger than Dieng and Shabazz.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#23 » by LloydFree » Mon May 25, 2015 7:26 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:Embiid has proven nothing. Same as Randle.

What? If that's the case, neither has Okafor or Towns. What are you talking about?
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#24 » by Mattya » Mon May 25, 2015 7:27 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Mattya wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:Assuming he's only comparing the last 3 drafts.

If that is the case, why are we leaving out Shabazz Muhammad and Gorgui Dieng?

In that case, then the 76ers are leaving out Robert Covington and Tony Wroten, who are younger than Dieng and Shabazz.

This is my point. Why are we leaving out certain players? We have Jordan Clarkson in this comparison and he is older than Shabazz Muhammad, and Tony Wroten is younger than him. Then we are leaving guys like Covington, Rubio, and Dieng. I don't get it.
dham1974
Assistant Coach
And1: 65

Post#25 » by dham1974 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:35 pm

MATTYA I'm only comparing potential trios not all of the young talent.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#26 » by CoreyGallagher » Mon May 25, 2015 7:36 pm

reanimator wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:Philly really clearly. They have the 3 best players from the past 3 drafts.

In an alternate reality maybe this is true.

Or, like, according to him, it's not zany or anything, that is if by the past 3 drafts he actually means of the proposed trios with the inclusion of this upcoming draft. Noel was the top prospect of his draft class before injury, Embiid was the top prospect of his draft class before injury, both are healthy now and the former played very well his rookie season, he must also like Russell.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#27 » by Mattya » Mon May 25, 2015 7:38 pm

dham1974 wrote:MATTYA I'm only comparing potential trios not all of the young talent.

Then why choose LaVine over Rubio or Muhammad. who are both young and better?
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#28 » by reanimator » Mon May 25, 2015 7:43 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:
reanimator wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:Philly really clearly. They have the 3 best players from the past 3 drafts.

Or, like, according to him, it's not zany or anything, that is if by the past 3 drafts he actually means of the supposed proposed trios. Noel was the top prospect of his draft class before injury, Embiid was the top prospect of his draft class before injury, both are healthy now and the former played very well his rookie season, he must also like Russell.

Is Embiid healthy? I can't value him til he plays a sustained period.

Noel, I understand, but I'd bet Greek Freak.

I'd take the field against Russell.
dham1974
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by dham1974 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:51 pm

Mattya wrote:
dham1974 wrote:MATTYA I'm only comparing potential trios not all of the young talent.

Then why choose LaVine over Rubio or Muhammad. who are both young and better?

Who cares at the end of the day Minni still has the Best trio
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#30 » by CoreyGallagher » Mon May 25, 2015 7:55 pm

reanimator wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:
reanimator wrote:

Or, like, according to him, it's not zany or anything, that is if by the past 3 drafts he actually means of the supposed proposed trios. Noel was the top prospect of his draft class before injury, Embiid was the top prospect of his draft class before injury, both are healthy now and the former played very well his rookie season, he must also like Russell.

He is, already been announced that he's playing in Summer League.

I wasn't referring to now, a healthy Noel was the unanimous top prospect of that class, after injury he wasn't as evidenced by the draft. To now, we've seen much more of the other prospects and many had improved from their rookie to sophomore seasons, I would agree, of what we know Greek Freak seems legit.

I'd take the field against anybody. I personally don't believe he's a better prospect than the bigs, but I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually was the better player.

I'm not arguing the legitimacy of that claim, only that it's not a zany one.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
dham1974
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by dham1974 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:20 pm

I believe Towns will fit better with Randle but I disagree that Randle and Okafor are a bad fit. "Strengths: Very strong upper body and a reliable left hand ... He shows a strong motor, and finishes well around the rim with contact ... He is very skilled with his face up game and has shown some creative finishing ability ... He is very dangerous on P&R and Pick and Pop, because of his ability to hit mid-range jumpers ... Though he lacks elite explosiveness, he is able to use his strong frame to protect the ball and avoid blocks ... On the offensive boards he is an absolute beast, relentless in seeking out rebounds ... The same thing is true on the defensive end where he has natural instincts for rebounds ... A pretty good post defender, he uses his strong body to not allow taller opponents to get close to the rim" Think of Webber and Vlade Two good passing Bigs with post games and webber had a midrange game. (Vlade did as well)
reignfire
Sixth Man
And1: 864

Post#32 » by reignfire » Mon May 25, 2015 9:30 pm

I picked Philly.

But for the Wolves you should have replaced Lavine with Rubio(24). Then I'd take the Wolves core.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#33 » by brackdan70 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:37 pm

I went with the Wolves bunch, but all three choices are just potential at this point.
Olynyk, Smart and RHJ will be way better than all three ;) :)
Sign here
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,009

Post#34 » by Ducklett » Mon May 25, 2015 9:39 pm

I think Oladipo/Elfrid/Justise could be in the conversation.
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#35 » by brackdan70 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Ducklett wrote:I think Oladipo/Elfrid/Justise could be in the conversation.

no doubt...thats a pretty nice future perimeter there.
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#36 » by brackdan70 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:55 pm

and what about Plumblee, Brown, Vezenkov
Sign here
j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#37 » by j_n » Mon May 25, 2015 9:57 pm

If Im the Sixers GM I would take the Sixers core, but if Im the GM of the Wolves I would rather have Wiggins, Towns and Lavine if that makes sense.

I think the Sixers are in a postion where they can and should gamble on potential superstars with some risk that they bust due to injuries.

The Wolves already have some solid core pieces with Rubio, Dieng and maybe even Muhammed, Bennet and Payne if they can develop, along with vets that could bring back some value in Kmart and Pek so they dont really need to take the risk.

Both of these teams have done a good job rebuilding and have an exciting future imo, the Sixers did a great job collecting assets but they still need to make some moves to consolidate them into another great starter or two, and possibly move Noel/Embiid if they dont fit with eachother ((though I think they compliment eachother very well ).

The Wolves should improve a lot next season with a top rookie, a healthy Rubio and the growth of some of their young guys, mainly Wiggins.

I dont see the Lakers going through a full rebuild, I think they will try to make some shortcuts and unload some of their young talent for win now pieces because they have a big advantage when it comes to free agency but first they need to improve and show that they can be competitive, should be an interesting off season for LA.
igglez
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#38 » by igglez » Mon May 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Easy, there's only one player in this whole group who has all time great written all over him, and that's embiid. Add in Noel's defensive dominance (along with embiids), and developing offensive game, and Russell, and it's clear to me. Okafor has one above average skill, just one. His defense, rebounding, mid range game, and free throws, are all terrible, way below average. My list goes.... Embiid, Wiggins, towns(could end up like Sam Perkins if his motor doesn't pick up), Noel, Russell, lavine, okafor, randle, clarkson.
igglez
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#39 » by igglez » Mon May 25, 2015 10:36 pm

reanimator wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:
reanimator wrote:

Yes embiid is healthy, he has been since January. Did you not see his between the legs tomahawk dunk in warmups in February? Or the 47of 60 from 3 land in pregame warmups? The Sixer's just sat him to let his bones get stronger, regenerate, and adapt to the pounding that basketball pots on the bones. He never let his bones do this since he started playing 5 years ago, and it's necessary for a man his size to do so. The Sixer's did exactly what was needed for him to have a long career, with a 88-92% chance of no reinjury.
dham1974
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by dham1974 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:01 am

igglez wrote:Easy, there's only one player in this whole group who has all time great written all over him, and that's embiid. Add in Noel's defensive dominance (along with embiids), and developing offensive game, and Russell, and it's clear to me. Okafor has one above average skill, just one. His defense, rebounding, mid range game, and free throws, are all terrible, way below average. My list goes.... Embiid, Wiggins, towns(could end up like Sam Perkins if his motor doesn't pick up), Noel, Russell, lavine, okafor, randle, clarkson.

How does the guy who's the most injury prone out of the group have all time great written on him? Even if he manages to stay healthy at this point they'll have to manage his mins. As far as Okafor rebounding goes how is it terrible with him avging 8.5 Rebs? Cmon your post sounds bias. At least Okafor is a dominant scorer Embiid would be lucky to play 30 mpg with him avging almost 4 fouls in 20 mins or if his body will hold up for that amount of mins over an 82 game season

Return to NBA Draft