D'Angelo Russell will be a allstar level shooting guard.

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Westbreezy
Pro Prospect
And1: 951

Re: D'Angelo Russell will be a allstar level shooting guard. 

Post#101 » by Westbreezy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Oh man, after just one summer league just about EVERYONE jumped on the Mudiay bandwagon
dub81 wrote:Byron had to do one of two things this year: Either win games or develop the youth. Swung and missed wildly on both.

Lakers 2015-16 Season in a Nutshell
dham1974
Assistant Coach
And1: 65

Post#102 » by dham1974 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:50 am

Russell is the better player.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#103 » by jonjames » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Good that you stuck with your guns the whole time..skills like shooting and handles always translate well in the league. Given Russel'sl size for the position, feel for the game, vision, passing and aformentioned skills he has chance to be perennial all-star. Mudiay can also develop into the player ppl envison of him as well, but I feel he will always be a notch and half below in the skills department compared to russell. I believe the gap will grow more between russell and mudiay after this year.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#104 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:27 am

jonjames wrote:Good that you stuck with your guns the whole time..skills like shooting and handles always translate well in the league. Given Russel'sl size for the position, feel for the game, vision, passing and aformentioned skills he has chance to be perennial all-star. Mudiay can also develop into the player ppl envison of him as well, but I feel he will always be a notch and half below in the skills department compared to russell. I believe the gap will grow more between russell and mudiay after this year.

What's so special about D'lo's handle? For a PG, I don't think it is particularly strong.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,861

Post#105 » by Chuck Everett » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:27 am

I still think Russell is a SG.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#106 » by jonjames » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:26 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:
jonjames wrote:Good that you stuck with your guns the whole time..skills like shooting and handles always translate well in the league. Given Russel'sl size for the position, feel for the game, vision, passing and aformentioned skills he has chance to be perennial all-star. Mudiay can also develop into the player ppl envison of him as well, but I feel he will always be a notch and half below in the skills department compared to russell. I believe the gap will grow more between russell and mudiay after this year.

What's so special about D'lo's handle? For a PG, I don't think it is particularly strong.

I was speaking more in general that those skills tend to have a good carryover to the league. DLo's handle by itself isn't special like a paul, kyrie, or curry per say but when you combine it with his size for his pg position, and his ablity to shoot it' makes him unique. Basically you have a 6'5 guard who has strong shooting skill but also possesses the skills of a top tier pg. For a a shooting guard his handle is elite and very good for a point guard. Smaller guards have an obvious advantage as far as ball control due to their lower center of gravity, but if you watch Russell he can get to anywhere on the floor with ease and can operate well in tight spaces for a 6'5 guard. In iso situations he can stop on a dime and pull up or use wide array of hesitation and change of speed moves during his drive to baskset.
dham1974
Assistant Coach
And1: 65

Post#107 » by dham1974 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:01 am

jonjames wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:

I was speaking more in general that those skills tend to have a good carryover to the league. DLo's handle by itself isn't special like a paul, kyrie, or curry per say but when you combine it with his size for his pg position, and his ablity to shoot it' makes him unique. Basically you have a 6'5 guard who has strong shooting skill but also possesses the skills of a top tier pg. For a a shooting guard his handle is elite and very good for a point guard. Smaller guards have an obvious advantage as far as ball control due to their lower center of gravity, but if you watch Russell he can get to anywhere on the floor with ease and can operate well in tight spaces for a 6'5 guard. In iso situations he can stop on a dime and pull up or use wide array of hesitation and change of speed moves during his drive to baskset.

This is my feelings as well.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#108 » by CptCrunch » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:44 am

DLo proving me wrong. He looks like a stud.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#109 » by reanimator » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:58 pm

Still seems inconclusive to me and I still think Manny has the higher ceiling.

Return to NBA Draft