Should Charlotte trade their pick to Celtics for both their picks at the Draft?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Hornetsfan52
Sophomore
And1: 4

Should Charlotte trade their pick to Celtics for both their picks at the Draft? 

Post#1 » by Hornetsfan52 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:50 pm

I think now that we have pretty much all we need except at PG and SG we could definitely get that in this draft..
When saying we need a PG not saying Kemba is not a great PG but if he doesn't show up next season i would definitely think about trading him..

Celtics want to either get WIlley Cauley Stein or Myles Turner which both could be their at 9th depends on what the Kings want to do, With Demarcus Already voicing he wants the KIngs to draft Willey, But its not up to him..

Celtics want to get a Center who they can depend on for years and thats pretty much all they need right now..

Charlotte is in need of a SG who can spread the floor and has a scoring drive, R.J Hunter would be my pick over Kelly Oubre but those are the names going around that Charlotte is interested in.. Then the with other pick we could draft a PG, will be a few that will definitely be over looked that could turn out to be a steal.. Ty hasn't been overlooked but he will definitely fall in the mid 20's.. Hey ill even take Travis Trice with the Second round pick.. so what to do with the other pick if we were to do this on Draft Day?
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,337

Re: Should Charlotte trade their pick to Celtics for both their picks at the Draft? 

Post#2 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:25 pm

They should draft a 2G at 9 and throw some money at Schroeder if you don't like Kemba at PG.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,887

Re: Should Charlotte trade their pick to Celtics for both their picks at the Draft? 

Post#3 » by Chuck Everett » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Shroeder's under contract for TWO more years, before he hits RFA. That's not a sound plan.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#4 » by Bernman » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:27 pm

The Hornets need some gol damn quality already. They have enough quantity. I'd stay put and draft Stanley Johnson. He's bpa to me and he's versatile. He could play sf, sg, and even small ball 4 possibly. He's 6'8" from previous measurements. They clearly messed up on that combine measurement.

If you did trade down with the Celtics for whatever reason, you should get 33 too. 16 and 28 is not enough for a trade up to 9, not even in this deep draft.

You guys have the most difficult to manage roster in the NBA. It's a buttload of ordinary players and more suspects than prospects. If you were truly almost set you wouldn't be writing the book on mediocrity at best the last 5-10 years. And I'd know all about that as a Bucks' fan. But we are on the ascendancy under new ownership. The Hornets are like the Bucks under Kohl. I think they need almost a complete overhaul like we got.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#5 » by teerfour+40LG » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Hornetsfan52 wrote:I think now that we have pretty much all we need except at PG and SG we could definitely get that in this draft..
When saying we need a PG not saying Kemba is not a great PG but if he doesn't show up next season i would definitely think about trading him..

Celtics want to either get WIlley Cauley Stein or Myles Turner which both could be their at 9th depends on what the Kings want to do, With Demarcus Already voicing he wants the KIngs to draft Willey, But its not up to him..

Celtics want to get a Center who they can depend on for years and thats pretty much all they need right now..

Charlotte is in need of a SG who can spread the floor and has a scoring drive, R.J Hunter would be my pick over Kelly Oubre but those are the names going around that Charlotte is interested in.. Then the with other pick we could draft a PG, will be a few that will definitely be over looked that could turn out to be a steal.. Ty hasn't been overlooked but he will definitely fall in the mid 20's.. Hey ill even take Travis Trice with the Second round pick.. so what to do with the other pick if we were to do this on Draft Day?

Demarcus hasn't voiced ****. Don't put words in his mouth.

Anyway, if Hezonja is on the board, Charlotte should draft him.
Hornetsfan52
Sophomore

Post#6 » by Hornetsfan52 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:20 pm

teerfour+40LG wrote:
Hornetsfan52 wrote:I think now that we have pretty much all we need except at PG and SG we could definitely get that in this draft..

i beg to differ i know this says rumor but a rumor can't start unless something is said or spreaded .. I beleive he said it on twitter and then deleted it

http://fansided.com/2015/06/11/nba-rumors-demarcus-cousins-kings-draft-willie-cauley-stein/
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#7 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:33 pm

I think this draft past three is overrated, I don't agree with the quality idea because the mocks are all over the place and we have no clue if say a Lyles will be better than Portis or if Booker will be a better nba shooter than RJ. That being said if Char wants to move back they should ask for one of those future picks instead of the 28th.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#8 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:35 pm

teerfour+40LG wrote:

A little testy are we? Those reports have been floated on several news sites, take it easy.
Hornetsfan52
Sophomore

Post#9 » by Hornetsfan52 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
teerfour+40LG wrote:

A little testy are we? Those reports have been floated on several news sites, take it easy.

I know right didn't know it was that deep
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#10 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:I think this draft past three is overrated, I don't agree with the quality idea because the mocks are all over the place and we have no clue if say a Lyles will be better than Portis or if Booker will be a better nba shooter than RJ. That being said if Char wants to move back they should ask for one of those future picks instead of the 28th.

thats a good point. Seems like 16 and 28 is a little light in value for moving up to 9...and adding 33 or more second rounders doesn't really do it. maybe 16 and the 2016 Celtics pick? IDK, I tend to think that if the Cs do move up it will requite one of those future picks rather than 28.
seems like adding a brooklyn pick or Dallas pick could be a little rich. maybe a little protection can be put on them?
Sign here
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#11 » by Catchall » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Jazz can offer 12 and something better than 28 in this draft.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
bobsquad
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#12 » by bobsquad » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:49 pm

Catchall wrote:Jazz can offer 12 and something better than 28 in this draft.

Who would Utah be targeting? Trying to grab Myles Turner before the Celtics?
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#13 » by Catchall » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:08 am

Not sure really. Maybe Turner, Johnson or Oubre, assuming they prefer one of those guys.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#14 » by Elden Payton » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:24 am

Catchall wrote:Jazz can offer 12 and something better than 28 in this draft.

9+Hairston for 12+Hood.

Hood is the guy CLT wanted in the last draft.

I don't think Utah would do it but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
misterrunon
Senior
And1: 63

Post#15 » by misterrunon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:18 am

#16 and #28 are not close to being enough to move up to 9th. Last year, the bulls traded the, IIRC, #16 and #19 to move up to #11.

#16 and BKN's 2016 first rounder sounds more fitting.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#16 » by Dcebucks11 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:36 am

Hornets should be able to get a bit more than those picks for #9 imo..

^ Above trade sounds much closer

If I were the Hornets id stay put.. Looks like 2 guard is the weakest area on the Hornets.. Id aim for Devin Booker, Hornets need shooting next to Kemba and MKG..

Return to NBA Draft