Realgm NBA Futures Draft Round 3 Voting (Semifinals)

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

aruan135
Sophomore
And1: 3

Re: Realgm NBA Futures Draft Round 3 Voting (Semifinals) 

Post#21 » by aruan135 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 4:27 am

Nerlens No Ls wrote:ChicagoSportsFan21 vs Aruan135 
Vote: ChicagoSportsFan21

DroppinDimes wrote:Dame and CSF21

DoubleHappiness wrote:Damecurry and CSF21.

JoelNoel wrote:Paki and Chi.

pelifan wrote:Give me Chicago Sports for sure.

just end my write up. feel free to have some read and change your mind. :lol:

I'll go with Paki in this 7 series game just because I'm a Murray and Canadian-Australian new wave believer. lol.
Mccolum and Meyers will play a big minutes and develop well. But the real point is he choose the right vets with high basketball IQ and doesn't need lot of Athleticism in Harden and Durant. Swap CP3 with Mike Conley or Jeff Teague as veteran, I'll go with damecurry
Real men wears red, not headband :devil:

Scarface wrote:Beverley, Butler, Aminu, Portis, Hibbert - Thibs kinda team :roll:
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#22 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 5:02 am

Some points I wanted to post about:

Kyrie Irving missing about 25 percent of the season is not good (64 games). Bledsoe averaging 64 games, but he did play a FULL season (ALL 81 games) last year and STARTED ALL 81 games. You can't say the same thing about Irving playing a full season (never did). Also to note Bledsoe is not a focal point on the offense and not expecting him to be a superstar like Irving is on your team.

Oladipo is a star, but he's in no way comparable to the superstar Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis is on another level. He had a PER of 30.81 this past season, which is comparable to the PER of Jordan, Chamberlain, and James and one of the highest PER EVER in the league.

The picture of Noel vs Davis is pretty funny..I just had to point this out sorry. H2h match-up of Davis vs Noel this season. Davis had 32 points/10 rebounds/3 assists/3 steals/4 blocks/0 turnovers on 12/19 shooting (63.2%) and 8/8 from the line while Noel had 2 points/6 rebounds/2 assists/0 steals/2 blocks/1 turnover on 1/9 shooting (11.1%). Noel is good on defense, but I just don't see him to be the offensive juggernaut that Davis is.

I mentioned 10 years from NOW meaning in 2025 when some of my players will be 35 at the most..not 40. I definitely don't see a huge talent gap if any in back-court. Jackson, Goodwin, and Levert are no scrubs-all have potential to be force on offense. I definite'y don't seeing you winning 3 of five seasons in my opinion. I will give you at most year 5 with my some of my players being 35 years old. There have been a LOT of NBA players who have been productive in theirs 30s to mid 35. I believe players like Bledsoe, Thompson, Butler, and Green should age well due to their work ethic and passion for the game. I don't expect a huge drop off if any!
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#23 » by damecurry » Wed Aug 5, 2015 5:02 am

Wow I was up 3-2 and suddenly I'm down 2-5, ouch. Personally I really think people are giving too much credit to proven vets and not paying attention to the history of most players post early 30s (they fall of a freaking cliff even if they stay healthy, which most don't.) But everyone's entitled to their opinions, assuming I lose it was fun playing with ya'll glad I could make it this far.

BTW I'll go with aruan even though he just voted against me, heh. His fit with his starting five is damn near perfect, his bench is superior imo, and the teams much younger. Again I just can't trust a group riddled with bad injury history that will almost entirely be over 30 for most of the game, sorry CSF21. I still think you were a great commish and appreciate all you did to run this game, had a lot of fun so thanks again.
DoubleHappiness
Analyst
And1: 3,248

Post#24 » by DoubleHappiness » Wed Aug 5, 2015 5:51 am

I really love the time y'all room to do write-ups and that is what makes these kinds of things worthwhile. Yet, solely because of the 1-3 craziness that dame has put together, I still gotta go with him. Pakii, great, I mean fantastic write-up, but I think people are sleeping on the development arc of dame's team. I have to uphold my vote. I'm posting from my phone but I will cast my next vote in the next reply. damecurry over Pakii in 6.
DoubleHappiness
Analyst

Post#25 » by DoubleHappiness » Wed Aug 5, 2015 5:53 am

Csf21 still gets my vote but just barely. The aging issues are there, but he has set his team up like the Duncan Spurs.
DoubleHappiness
Analyst

Post#26 » by DoubleHappiness » Wed Aug 5, 2015 5:54 am

TLDR; damecurry and CSF21
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,548

Re: 

Post#27 » by PaKii94 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 6:29 am

DoubleHappiness wrote:I really love the time y'all room to do write-ups and that is what makes these kinds of things worthwhile. Yet, solely because of the 1-3 craziness that dame has put together, I still gotta go with him. Pakii, great, I mean fantastic write-up, but I think people are sleeping on the development arc of dame's team. I have to uphold my vote. I'm posting from my phone but I will cast my next vote in the next reply. damecurry over Pakii in 6.

lol no hard feelings, good thing we got multiple people voting 8-) and atleast I won 1 more game. I wonder if the voting would be more interesting if we gave our votes for how a 7 series would play out and we added up the total wins
aruan135
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#28 » by aruan135 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 9:11 am

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:Some points I wanted to post about:
Kyrie Irving missing about 25 percent of the season is not good (64 games). Bledsoe averaging 64 games, but he did play a FULL season (ALL 81 games) last year and STARTED ALL 81 games. You can't say the same thing about Irving playing a full season (never did).

Yeah he did play a full season last year after an unhealthy 2013-2014 season and 3 mediocre season with clippers. Sure enough a gap talent between Irving and Bledsoe :D

Okay, So lets begin our first rounder matchup. I'm happy you bringing up the healthy issue because it's the same thing with Davis playing a full season (never did). Missing 20% of the season is like 16 games per season and 81 games for 5 years. (Gosh is FULL YEAR, right?)

Me without Irving? I can move Oladipo to PG, KCP or Stanley Jhonson in SG. Or I can fill in with Teague or my gambling, Trimble. And you? Sorry to say, when Anthony Davis out of the picture this series end nicely in my favours.

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:Oladipo is a star, but he's in no way comparable to the superstar Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis is on another level. He had a PER of 30.81 this past season, which is comparable to the PER of Jordan, Chamberlain, and James and one of the highest PER EVER in the league.

PER largely measures offensive performance. Hollinger freely admits that two of the defensive statistics it incorporates—blocks and steals (which was not tracked as an official stat until 1973)—can produce a distorted picture of a player's value and that PER is not a reliable measure of a player's defensive acumen. I said it earlier, Noel is a defensive God and Oladipo known for his defensive awareness too. And I choose Oladipo to balance my team with Irving's monstrous offensive skill. So, the current PER doesn't make me worry, I calculated that too.

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:The picture of Noel vs Davis is pretty funny..I just had to point this out sorry. H2h match-up of Davis vs Noel this season. Davis had 32 points/10 rebounds/3 assists/3 steals/4 blocks/0 turnovers on 12/19 shooting (63.2%) and 8/8 from the line while Noel had 2 points/6 rebounds/2 assists/0 steals/2 blocks/1 turnover on 1/9 shooting (11.1%). Noel is good on defense, but I just don't see him to be the offensive juggernaut that Davis is.

yeah I know you'll bringing this up. so how about this picture?

Nuggets win the game, Nurkic had 15 points on 7-9 shooting, including 9 rebounds and 2 blocked shots. So with Davis's average 33 minutes per game, I prepare the healthy and young combination of Noel-Turner and Nurkic. Even Poeltl that projected in lottery pick in some mockdraft can blend in to stop him too
Real men wears red, not headband :devil:

Scarface wrote:Beverley, Butler, Aminu, Portis, Hibbert - Thibs kinda team :roll:
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#29 » by MadNESS » Wed Aug 5, 2015 12:06 pm

First matchup : I'm voting for PaKii94.

Although I firmly believe that Wggins will be the best player in the league by this point, and Lillard would murder Murry... Harden and KD's game transcends with age... Much like Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. They don't rely on athletism. I can't see a Harden/KD duo losing this match up... Even this far in the future. Both of these teams are great and put together very well. You guys should be proud for what you have done.
LAKESHOW
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#30 » by MadNESS » Wed Aug 5, 2015 12:10 pm

Second match up: I'm voting for ChicagoSportsFan21.

This is possibly the best defensive team ever. This team could literally hold other teams to 60 PPG. This team is incredibly balanced (Spacing, defense, movement, everything.) Aruan's squad isn't too shabby either, I just feel like CSF21 is a notch above. It will be cool to see AD and Noel go at it for 36-40 mins a game though. Again good jobs here too both of you fellas! Thanks for asking me to vote.
LAKESHOW
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,548

Post#31 » by PaKii94 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 5:34 pm

MadNESS wrote:First matchup : I'm voting for PaKii94.

Although I firmly believe that Wggins will be the best player in the league by this point, and Lillard would murder Murry... Harden and KD's game transcends with age... Much like Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. They don't rely on athletism. I can't see a Harden/KD duo losing this match up... Even this far in the future. Both of these teams are great and put together very well. You guys should be proud for what you have done.

well thanks for the vote but between Lillard and Murray I personally think I had the clear advantage. Lillard's game I don't think ages well.
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#32 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 11:05 pm

OFFICIAL VOTES (need 6 votes):
damecurry (3) vs. PaKii94 (6)
ChicagoSportsFan21 (6) vs. aruan135 (4)

And with that last vote for PaKii94 and myself by MadNESS, Round 3 is over and we will be moving on to the championship game! Thanks to everyone who voted so quickly this time around, I appreciate it. Good job getting this far aruan135...as I stated before, you have the best back-court in the game. Hope Irving can stay healthy. :)

I will make a new thread for the championship game either later tonight or tomorrow. Good luck PaKii94, it should be a good one!

Realgm NBA Futures Draft Round 4 (CHAMPIONSHIP) Match-Up

PaKii94 vs. ChicagoSportsFan21

Return to NBA Draft