Dennis Smith Jr

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Re: Dennis Smith Jr 

Post#121 » by cksdayoff » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:He projects as the best shooter between him, Fultz and Ball for me cause of better FT. When added to his athleticism I don't have a problem with someone preferring him the most. But he won't go 1st cause of team success probably

Fultz and Ball shoot 67% from the line compared to DSJ's 73%. Not that big of a difference to say Dennis projects to be a better shooter imo. Being 6'2 with trex arms will give him some problems imo. Fultz shoots 51% from 2s and and 41% from 3s on more shot attempts. Fultz has really good form on his jumper and can get it off virtually everytime. Also Fultz has an amazing work ethic which should carry him throughout his nba career.
#failforfultz
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#122 » by bigboi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:57 pm

cksdayoff wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:He projects as the best shooter between him, Fultz and Ball for me cause of better FT. When added to his athleticism I don't have a problem with someone preferring him the most. But he won't go 1st cause of team success probably

Fultz and Ball shoot 67% from the line compared to DSJ's 73%. Not that big of a difference to say Dennis projects to be a better shooter imo. Being 6'2 with trex arms will give him some problems imo. Fultz shoots 51% from 2s and and 41% from 3s on more shot attempts. Fultz has really good form on his jumper and can get it off virtually everytime. Also Fultz has an amazing work ethic which should carry him throughout his nba career.

What are you talking about? When has wingspan ever affected shooting ability?
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#123 » by cksdayoff » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:40 pm

bigboi wrote:
cksdayoff wrote:

i was looking more at the fact that he's gonna be guarded by quicker, longer athletes and if he's shooting off the dribble, it could cause some problems trying to shoot over longer defenders. Some, being the keyword.
#failforfultz
bigboi
Lead Assistant

Post#124 » by bigboi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:10 pm

cksdayoff wrote:
bigboi wrote:
cksdayoff wrote:

i was looking more at the fact that he's gonna be guarded by quicker, longer athletes and if he's shooting off the dribble, it could cause some problems trying to shoot over longer defenders. Some, being the keyword.

But when has that ever shown to be a problem? Dude will be one of the most explosive PGs once he enters the league which means your point makes even less sense
tlee324 wrote:

reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#125 » by reanimator » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter

It aint the teammates and Washington doesn't have 8 pros let alone 3-4 is all I'll say...
bigboi
Lead Assistant

Post#126 » by bigboi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:18 pm

reanimator wrote:
Read on Twitter

It aint the teammates and Washington doesn't have 8 pros let alone 3-4 is all I'll say...

There aren't 8 pros on NC St. :lol: Spoken like someone that hasn't watched the team at all
tlee324 wrote:

reanimator
Analyst

Post#127 » by reanimator » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:22 pm

bigboi wrote:
reanimator wrote:
Read on Twitter

There aren't 8 pros on NC St. :lol: Spoken like someone that hasn't watched the team at all

thats not me though we both agree if you look at my older post in this thread

i've watched the majority of the roster since highschool but rationalize however you must
bigboi
Lead Assistant

Post#128 » by bigboi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:13 am

reanimator wrote:
bigboi wrote:
reanimator wrote:
Read on Twitter

i've watched the majority of the roster since highschool but rationalize however you must

Since you've watched, name the 8 pros right now. A team that can't even function without Smith on the court somehow has 8 pros, go ahead so I can expose you
tlee324 wrote:

reanimator
Analyst

Post#129 » by reanimator » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:29 am

bigboi wrote:
reanimator wrote:
bigboi wrote:

Since you've watched, name the 8 pros right now. A team that can't even function without Smith on the court somehow has 8 pros, go ahead so I can expose you

1st rounders
Dennis Smith Jr.
Omer Yurtseven

NBA prospects
Shaun Kirk
Ted Kapita
Markell Johnson

Europe
Abdul-Malik Abu
Terry Henderson
Torin Dorn
Maverick Rowan

now "expose" me :lol:
bigboi
Lead Assistant

Post#130 » by bigboi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:17 am

reanimator wrote:
bigboi wrote:
reanimator wrote:

1st rounders
Dennis Smith Jr.
Omer Yurtseven

NBA prospects
Shaun Kirk
Ted Kapita
Markell Johnson

Europe
Abdul-Malik Abu
Terry Henderson
Torin Dorn
Maverick Rowan

Are you serious right now? Collectively, your NBA prospects other than Smith average like 4-5 points. That's what counts as an NBA prospect now? :lol: then you had the nerve to include Euro prospects, that means they suck :lol: that was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in realgm
tlee324 wrote:

CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#131 » by CptCrunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:17 am

reanimator wrote:
bigboi wrote:
reanimator wrote:

1st rounders
Dennis Smith Jr.
Omer Yurtseven

NBA prospects
Shaun Kirk
Ted Kapita
Markell Johnson

Europe
Abdul-Malik Abu
Terry Henderson
Torin Dorn
Maverick Rowan

WRONG

Yurtseven has been a massive bust. He'll be a second rounder if he is lucky.

LMAO Kirk? Kirk would be lucky to play in a high tier European league. 175 RSCI ranked 3 star playing 4 minutes a game.

Kapita and Johnson? Have you even seen a NC State basketball game.

Let me tell you the real answer. DSJ is a top 10 pick, Yurtseven is a future second rounder, Malik-Abu is a future second rounder.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#132 » by reanimator » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:23 am

paulbball wrote:
reanimator wrote:
bigboi wrote:

1st rounders
Dennis Smith Jr.
Omer Yurtseven

NBA prospects
Shaun Kirk
Ted Kapita
Markell Johnson

Europe
Abdul-Malik Abu
Terry Henderson
Torin Dorn
Maverick Rowan

WRONG

LMAO Kirk? Kirk would be lucky to play in a high tier European league. 175 RSCI ranked 3 star playing 4 minutes a game.

Let me tell you the real answer. DSJ is a top 10 pick, Yurtseven is a future second rounder, Malik-Abu is a future second rounder.

Picking the 3 freshmen who don't get extended minutes but have pro potential does not dismiss my statement. It makes you look dumb.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#133 » by reanimator » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:24 am

bigboi wrote:
reanimator wrote:
bigboi wrote:

1st rounders
Dennis Smith Jr.
Omer Yurtseven

NBA prospects
Shaun Kirk
Ted Kapita
Markell Johnson

Europe
Abdul-Malik Abu
Terry Henderson
Torin Dorn
Maverick Rowan

Are you serious right now? Collectively, your NBA prospects other than Smith average like 4-5 points. That's what counts as an NBA prospect now? :lol: then you had the nerve to include Euro prospects, that means they suck :lol: that was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in realgm

Europe means they suck when there are quite a few NCAA teams doing well whose best players are Euro? Ahhh, I see what I'm dealing with :lol:
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#134 » by CptCrunch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:31 am

reanimator wrote:
paulbball wrote:
reanimator wrote:
1st rounders
Dennis Smith Jr.
Omer Yurtseven

NBA prospects
Shaun Kirk
Ted Kapita
Markell Johnson

Europe
Abdul-Malik Abu
Terry Henderson
Torin Dorn
Maverick Rowan

WRONG

Picking the 3 freshmen who don't get extended minutes but have pro potential does not dismiss my statement. It makes you look dumb.

Please do tell how they have pro potential. 3 star and unranked freshmen usually never make the NBA. If they aren't good enough to play their freshmen year, they are NEVER making it. You are just pulling names out of a hat in order to support that the argument that NC State's roster is stacked with NBA players.
bigboi
Lead Assistant

Post#135 » by bigboi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:33 am

reanimator wrote:
bigboi wrote:
reanimator wrote:
1st rounders
Dennis Smith Jr.
Omer Yurtseven

NBA prospects
Shaun Kirk
Ted Kapita
Markell Johnson

Europe
Abdul-Malik Abu
Terry Henderson
Torin Dorn
Maverick Rowan

Europe means they suck when there are quite a few NCAA teams doing well whose best players are Euro? Ahhh, I see what I'm dealing with :lol:

WRONG. You know exactly what I'm talking about. If someone is from America and they're projected to be playing in Europe after the NBA, they aren't that good. Plain and simple, don't act like you don't know this
tlee324 wrote:

eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#136 » by eagereyez » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:34 am

reanimator wrote:
bigboi wrote:
reanimator wrote:
1st rounders
Dennis Smith Jr.
Omer Yurtseven

NBA prospects
Shaun Kirk
Ted Kapita
Markell Johnson

Europe
Abdul-Malik Abu
Terry Henderson
Torin Dorn
Maverick Rowan

Excellent use of emjois fellas. Don't forget to throw in a :banghead:, :noway:, and :crazy: for added effect.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#137 » by reanimator » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:36 am

paulbball wrote:
reanimator wrote:
Please do tell how they have pro potential. 3 star and unranked freshmen usually never make the NBA. If they aren't good enough to play their freshmen year, they are NEVER making it. You are just pulling names out of a hat in order to support that the argument that NC State's roster is stacked with NBA players.

Kapita and Markelle Johnson were definitely ranked and are known as explosive, long-term prospect by people who actually follow prep and don't just google a name and look at a star rating. Kirk is the same thing too and had a UK late spring offer to boot.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#138 » by reanimator » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:38 am

bigboi wrote:
reanimator wrote:
bigboi wrote:

WRONG. You know exactly what I'm talking about. If someone is from America and they're projected to be playing in Europe after the NBA, they aren't that good. Plain and simple, don't act like you don't know this

I'm not talking about some random league in Turkey when I say Europe. Guys like Rowan and Abu will play in good leagues and no its not a given for any American. If NC St sucks then 98 percent of the NCAA sucks...making the supposed lack of talent DSJR plays with irrelevant.
bigboi
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by bigboi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:42 am

reanimator wrote:
bigboi wrote:
reanimator wrote:

I'm not talking about some random league in Turkey when I say Europe. Guys like Rowan and Abu will play in good leagues and no its not a given for any American. If NC St sucks then 98 percent of the NCAA sucks...making the supposed lack of talent DSJR plays with irrelevant.

All you're doing is making baseless assumptions based on what you think their potential is. Currently, these dudes suck plain and simple and aren't pro prospects.
tlee324 wrote:

reanimator
Analyst

Post#140 » by reanimator » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:50 am

bigboi wrote:
reanimator wrote:
bigboi wrote:

All you're doing is making baseless assumptions based on what you think their potential is. Currently, these dudes suck plain and simple and aren't pro prospects.

Thats 98 percent of the NCAA then...throw in DSJR and Omer as players those other teams don't have and it seems your narrative that its the talent level and teammates keeping DSJR from winning seem off, especially when the top 25 is littered with squads who best player is Europe bound.

Return to NBA Draft