Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Re: Sekou Doumbouya ('19) 

Post#101 » by Illmatic12 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:16 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. Atlanta may go for Hayes instead if both are available at pick 10. There is speculation that Rui may have a promise from MIN. I don't know what direction WAS is looking to go but if they do grab Hayes then Sekou seems like a solid pick for Atlanta. Brandon Clarke may also be someone teams looking at Sekou consider even though his measurements were subpar.

I don’t know where the Hayes to Washington stuff is coming from , I’ve seen it a few places now. The Wiz literally have 3 centers lol (they’re also paying Dwight and Mahinmi), and Thomas Bryant is only 21yo and showed a lot of promise.

It seems like 8-9th would be the sweet spot for Doumbouya. Washington’s interim GM (Tommy Sheppard) is heavy on international scouting and that’s the type of prospect he would target, especially for a team that’s going to be in a developmental year. If Atlanta doesn’t take Sekou at #8 then he probably goes #9.

Also heard the reports about Minnesota giving a promise to Hachimura, I could see that happening if they’re planning on moving away from Saric.

not sure how Rui Hach would be a replacement for Saric at this point, just different roles/archetypes right now.

i thinky Minny is praying Coby falls to them, after that it's probably Clarke or Rui, but I think they'd need to bring back Saric either way.

I mean, they're both mobile PFs who can start or come off the bench? Saric and Rui have different games, but the Wolves don't really use Saric in a playmaking role anyways so I think they're just looking at it as, we need another body at the 4 who will be young and cheap

Read on Twitter
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,272

Post#102 » by clyde21 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:19 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:I don’t know where the Hayes to Washington stuff is coming from , I’ve seen it a few places now. The Wiz literally have 3 centers lol (they’re also paying Dwight and Mahinmi), and Thomas Bryant is only 21yo and showed a lot of promise.

It seems like 8-9th would be the sweet spot for Doumbouya. Washington’s interim GM (Tommy Sheppard) is heavy on international scouting and that’s the type of prospect he would target, especially for a team that’s going to be in a developmental year. If Atlanta doesn’t take Sekou at #8 then he probably goes #9.

Also heard the reports about Minnesota giving a promise to Hachimura, I could see that happening if they’re planning on moving away from Saric.

not sure how Rui Hach would be a replacement for Saric at this point, just different roles/archetypes right now.

i thinky Minny is praying Coby falls to them, after that it's probably Clarke or Rui, but I think they'd need to bring back Saric either way.

I mean, they're both mobile PFs who can start or come off the bench? Saric and Rui have different games, but the Wolves don't really use Saric in a playmaking role anyways so I think they're just looking at it as, we need another body at the 4 who will be young and cheap

Read on Twitter

yes, they use Saric as a stretch 4, which Rui isn't right now.

also not sure what the point of that tweet was.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 657

Post#103 » by remi_222 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 pm

;frags=pl%2Cwn
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 807

Post#104 » by MagicFrenchie » Tue May 21, 2019 11:55 am

coutournant wrote:People call him French LeBron here in France. He's an incredible physical specimen at his age (only 17 years old) very quick and fluid for his height with an already strong frame. His shot is improving and he can shoot it from 3, only needs a better shot selection.
He doesn't have great intangibles though, he lacks basketball IQ, his motor is up and down. He's a monster against players his age, but he isn't very efficient at the pro level. BWB helped him a lot because he struggled in a lot of games this season in french Pro B.

He is the opposite of Luka Doncic, it's very tough to compare them as NBA prospects.

WTF??
Hell nonodody's calling him Lebron here..he's a good prospect but I don't see him as googd as everybody wants to tell he is here in france.
We have the habit of overvaluating our local players...he'l be a good rotation player and in best case a solid starter 12 ppg/6 rbds...but chill out he's not the Next Lebron at all. Nor Giannis.
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 807

Post#105 » by MagicFrenchie » Tue May 21, 2019 11:57 am

And about his 34 points...don't put too much in it...the championship stanidngs were already set he was playing against dead bodies already in holidays

Okobo put up 44 point last year before his draft ina playof game against the best defensive team MOnaco ....
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#106 » by remi_222 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:39 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:And about his 34 points...don't put too much in it...the championship stanidngs were already set he was playing against dead bodies already in holidays

Okobo put up 44 point last year before his draft ina playof game against the best defensive team MOnaco ....

Which shows as well that now we do have a window to dev young french players in the LNB, and it wasnt the case before. Maybe we're just surprised to see a such young man doing what he does at his age because now young players have a possibility. But Levallois (34pts game for Sekou) > 75% of NCAA teams, so lets also enjoy it this way because it also means something, shows a step-up compare to last year, or even 2 months ago
remi_222
Pro Prospect

Post#107 » by remi_222 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:44 pm

http://channelstream.net/rmcsport_5.php streaming live link for first playoff game vs Monaco for Sekou
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#108 » by B-Ball Freak » Fri May 24, 2019 7:13 pm

He reminds me of Siakam a little bit.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,528

Post#109 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sun May 26, 2019 5:49 pm

What do folks make of his poor stocks?

.7 steals and .5 blocks Per 36.

That’s puzzling for a rangy athletic forward. I’m of the opinion that the athleticism has been oversold - but has the length been as well?
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#110 » by No-Man » Sun May 26, 2019 5:52 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:What do folks make of his poor stocks?

That’s puzzling for a rangy athletic forward. I’m of the opinion that the athleticism has been oversold - but has the length been as well?

He has a 2.35 STL% and a 2.7 BLK%, those are fine, esp steal %, and his lack of elite length limits him as a shot-blocker
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#111 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sun May 26, 2019 5:54 pm

Fischella wrote:

He has a 2.35 STL% and a 2.7 BLK%, those are fine, esp steal %, and his lack of elite length limits him as a shot-blocker

Got a link?

The page I’m looking at doesn’t have steal%, and I have a hard time reconciling .7 stls PER 36 with a 2.37% steal rate.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#112 » by No-Man » Sun May 26, 2019 5:58 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Fischella wrote:

Got a link?

The page I’m looking at doesn’t have steal%, and I have a hard time reconciling .7 stls PER 36 with a 2.37% steal rate.

That's cause his per 36 steal number is 1.53, not 0.7

As for a link, it's his realgm profile
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#113 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sun May 26, 2019 6:01 pm

Fischella wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Fischella wrote:He has a 2.35 STL% and a 2.7 BLK%, those are fine, esp steal %, and his lack of elite length limits him as a shot-blocker

Got a link?

Basketball Reference has him way lower.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/sekou-omar-doumbouya-1.html
No-Man
RealGM

Post#114 » by No-Man » Sun May 26, 2019 6:04 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Fischella wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Got a link?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/sekou-omar-doumbouya-1.html

Man, have you even check the link yourself? 1.6 steal per game and 1 block per 36
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#115 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sun May 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Fischella wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Fischella wrote:That's cause his per 36 steal number is 1.53, not 0.7

Man, have you even check the link yourself? 1.6 steal per game and 1 block per 36

Huh. I missed that.

There was of course a way to point that out without being a d*ck. But you’re nothing if not consistent!
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,272

Post#116 » by clyde21 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:35 pm

people that watched Siakam last night are looking at Sekou and projecting that development onto to him IMO

Sekou doesn't quite have the length, but is a bit bigger and just as athletic and is scary in the open court/in transition...similar around the basket game and a developing outside shot.

Siakam made Sekou some money last night
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#117 » by Stillwater » Fri May 31, 2019 6:54 pm

clyde21 wrote:people that watched Siakam last night are looking at Sekou and projecting that development onto to him IMO

Sekou doesn't quite have the length, but is a bit bigger and just as athletic and is scary in the open court/in transition...similar around the basket game and a developing outside shot.

Siakam made Sekou some money last night

it's definitely a goal for Sekou to shoot for, Siakim was a pretty similar level player when drafted
depends on the desire within, and yeah he isn't quite as long supposedly but those measurements of a 6'11ws look
to be outdated when you look at him he looks longer than that by a good margin now.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,537

Post#118 » by Saints14 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:57 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Fischella wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

Huh. I missed that.

There was of course a way to point that out without being a d*ck. But you’re nothing if not consistent!

I'm seeing the same thing, it looks like a bug in bball ref where the Per 36 numbers are identical to the Per Game
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#119 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Fri May 31, 2019 7:24 pm

Saints14 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Fischella wrote:Man, have you even check the link yourself? 1.6 steal per game and 1 block per 36

Huh. I missed that.

I'm seeing the same thing, it looks like a bug in bball ref where the Per 36 numbers are identical to the Per Game

It is. And Fischella’s post acknowledged that before he made a sneak edit (for whatever reason).
No-Man
RealGM

Post#120 » by No-Man » Fri May 31, 2019 7:31 pm

Nah it is not, that's why I made the edit, the real per 36 it's the one in highlighted black just a line right below

Return to NBA Draft