Why is Sekou considered a better prospect than Bitadze?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Re: Why is Sekou considered a better prospect than Bitadze? 

Post#21 » by pad300 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 3:48 pm

juanc wrote:https://www.facebook.com/ABALiga.jtd/videos/392694544798891/

Is Goga really a bad athlete?

I suspect he's more than athletic enough to play a 5 (and maybe a 4), but people see white euro center...
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#22 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 4:04 pm

pad300 wrote:
juanc wrote:https://www.facebook.com/ABALiga.jtd/videos/392694544798891/

Is Goga really a bad athlete?

I suspect he's more than athletic enough to play a 5 (and maybe a 4), but people see white euro center...

He’s more athletic than, say Boban, but he’s not a good athlete by NBA standards - especially in lateral/east-west movement.

I’ve seen most of his games this year too, so I’m also not talking out of my ass. (Not saying you are, either.)
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Post#23 » by juanc » Mon Feb 4, 2019 5:58 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:He’s more athletic than, say Boban, but he’s not a good athlete by NBA standards - especially in lateral/east-west movement.

I’ve seen most of his games this year too, so I’m also not talking out of my ass. (Not saying you are, either.)

Just kidding!
I've watched many of his games this year and I agree with you. It's just that he is being presented as Boban. I would se that he is a better athlete that Žižić and that he will be okay in the league IMO. I think he will show great improvement once he gets some NBA training
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#24 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 6:15 pm

juanc wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:He’s more athletic than, say Boban, but he’s not a good athlete by NBA standards - especially in lateral/east-west movement.

Just kidding!
I've watched many of his games this year and I agree with you. It's just that he is being presented as Boban. I would se that he is a better athlete that Žižić and that he will be okay in the league IMO. I think he will show great improvement once he gets some NBA training

I literally watch games and clips like I have no life outside of work, so you're not (totally) wrong there. :lol:

Honestly, the biggest key for him IMO was his three point shooting. We knew the finishing and post ups were there, so the outside shot was the last bit for him to conquer (scoring-wise). It's actually pretty interesting watching him defend, because between MEGA and Bud, he's basically played every type of PnR defense you can use - most of the time it's a hedge & recover, and him dropping is the 2nd most common, but I've seen him switch too (although it wasn't particularly successful).
juanc
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by juanc » Mon Feb 4, 2019 7:14 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
juanc wrote:

Just kidding!

I literally watch games and clips like I have no life outside of work, so you're not (totally) wrong there. :lol:

Honestly, the biggest key for him IMO was his three point shooting. We knew the finishing and post ups were there, so the outside shot was the last bit for him to conquer (scoring-wise). It's actually pretty interesting watching him defend, because between MEGA and Bud, he's basically played every type of PnR defense you can use - most of the time it's a hedge & recover, and him dropping is the 2nd most common, but I've seen him switch too (although it wasn't particularly successful).

I think that there is isn't that much switching in Europe(especially in the Balkans) as there is in the states. And that goes for youth categories.
For example I was playing till the end of the U19 and as far as I can remember we used a lot more hedge&recover and traps than switching.

When it comes to Goga he really needs to improve his footwork specially on D, but he has made some improvement in the past 2 years and that's why I'm very optimistic going forward.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#26 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Mar 2, 2019 1:25 am

Bitadze slowly moving up draft boards:

Read on Twitter
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#27 » by doordoor123 » Sat Mar 2, 2019 1:38 am

I’ve had him 12 for the past couple of weeks.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#28 » by Catchall » Sun Mar 3, 2019 9:50 am

I haven't watched him. How does he compare to Nurkic?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#29 » by kobyz » Sun Mar 3, 2019 4:01 pm

Catchall wrote:I haven't watched him. How does he compare to Nurkic?

he's more nimble and fluid, i'll compare him more to a young Andrew Bynum...
Catchall
RealGM

Post#30 » by Catchall » Mon Mar 4, 2019 9:00 am

I'm starting to check him out. From what little I've seen, he has post scoring skills similar to Enes Kanter, though he appears to be a better rim protector than Kanter. He can also pick and pop a bit. The question will be his ability to guard in space.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#31 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 4, 2019 8:23 pm

elite freak athlete ranks higher than trad. big any day
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#32 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 8, 2019 12:37 pm

Buducnost
Goga Bitadze

If you don’t know who Goga Bitadze is, I recommend looking him up. This guy can play and looks like a definite first round pick.

Bitadze isn’t the most athletic player in the world, but he makes up for it with his feel for the game. He’s good in a lot of areas. He’s shown he can score with his back to the basket, he has potential to stretch the floor with his soft touch and hit from the perimeter, and he can defend.

He just simply knows how to play the game. His feel is amazing and he’s only 19 years old. As he gets older, he’ll add more to his game and grow even wiser.

Standing at 6’11” and with a 7’2″ wingspan, Bitadze possesses good height and length that will help him at the next level. He also has a pretty strong frame and should be able to adjust to the physicality of the NBA.

I don’t think Bitadze will be a lottery pick, but I would have no problem taking him in the middle of the first round. If he decides to declare for the draft and works out for teams, his stock could go up and help him even more.
Hornets -- Fansided
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#33 » by clyde21 » Fri Mar 8, 2019 4:48 pm

i know my mans Spencer isn't the highest on Sekou but I think he's starting to get real underrated around here
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,800

Post#34 » by UcanUwill » Fri Mar 8, 2019 4:51 pm

I am number one talent doesn't translate linearly preacher, but sometimes simple solution is the correct one. Goga is near Euroleague star, while Sekou is French league role player. I take Goga over Sekou any day.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#35 » by Catchall » Fri Mar 8, 2019 10:07 pm

Sekou is a switchable defender and elite rim runner with 3-pt range. Pretty desirable for the NBA.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#36 » by Killboard » Fri Mar 8, 2019 10:26 pm

Im not interiorized with neither of the 2 (more than some highlights) but asking your question in a generic way, NBA draft for potential. Big men and PG are dime in a dozen. Two way wings in the other hand are a hot commodity. Maybe Goga is tremendously efficient and Sekou is a terrible player, but if a team picks him in the lottery is because they think he can become in a multiple positional defender and either a very good playmaker or shooter.

Goga isnt an atheltic freak or has great lenght, which become him in a undersized 5 or a big 4 without perimeter game. That doesnt ooze potential in today trends, even if he can be very efficient at his role.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#37 » by No-Man » Fri Mar 8, 2019 11:09 pm

Killboard wrote:Im not interiorized with neither of the 2 (more than some highlights) but asking your question in a generic way, NBA draft for potential. Big men and PG are dime in a dozen. Two way wings in the other hand are a hot commodity. Maybe Goga is tremendously efficient and Sekou is a terrible player, but if a team picks him in the lottery is because they think he can become in a multiple positional defender and either a very good playmaker or shooter.

Goga isnt an atheltic freak or has great lenght, which become him in a undersized 5 or a big 4 without perimeter game. That doesnt ooze potential in today trends, even if he can be very efficient at his role.

did you just call Goga undersized? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#38 » by Killboard » Sat Mar 9, 2019 1:10 am

Fischella wrote:
Killboard wrote:Im not interiorized with neither of the 2 (more than some highlights) but asking your question in a generic way, NBA draft for potential. Big men and PG are dime in a dozen. Two way wings in the other hand are a hot commodity. Maybe Goga is tremendously efficient and Sekou is a terrible player, but if a team picks him in the lottery is because they think he can become in a multiple positional defender and either a very good playmaker or shooter.

did you just call Goga undersized? :lol: :lol: :lol:

6'10.25 without shoes, 7'1.75 wingspan is in the low end for an NBA center. Now laugh louder because I cant hear you.
juanc
Pro Prospect

Post#39 » by juanc » Sat Mar 9, 2019 7:26 pm

What do you guys think of Vuc as a comparison for Goga?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#40 » by No-Man » Sat Mar 9, 2019 11:14 pm

Goga is gonna be a + defender in a way that Vuc never has

I think Goga can be a poor man's Marc Gasol honestly, or something between Gasol and Nurkic (some of that edge, nasty, explosiveness around the rim that Nurk has on D)

Return to NBA Draft