Nikola Djurisic

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,190

Nikola Djurisic 

Post#1 » by Mickey8 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 6:52 am

Serbian 6"7 guard, 16 years old , his game is similar to his country man Bogdan Bogdanovic , better and more explosive athlete than Bogdan, taller as well. The first four videos are from Serbian league, not the best competition in the world , but still he's playing against the grown men, the next season he will play in Adriatic league which is the much better league. The last video is from Euroleague junior qualifying tournament . He's an interesting prospect, can create for his teammates as well as the secondary point guard.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Re: Nikola Djurisic 

Post#2 » by getrichordie » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:27 am

bump
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#3 » by Mickey8 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 4:41 am

He could really well sneak into the first round this year. He's playing very well this season, his team is in 4"th place in the Adriatic league, if he performs well in the play off's too he will draw more attention before the NBA Draft.

lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,234

Post#4 » by lambchop » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:32 pm

Djirisic has looked legit this season. I completely disagree with the Bogdanovic comparison because shooting is in fact Djurisic only weakness. He's at a respectable 33% from range this season compared to last year's 20%. Given his age, I'm sure he'll figure it out though. His nba comparison is probably more Christian Braun.

He has great functional athleticism and solid bounce off that left foot, though I wouldn't consider him a highflyer.

On a side note, with Jovic, Vuckevic, Micic and Pokusevski getting regular minutes now and looking like legit nba material, it's crazy how Serbia keeps on churning out nba players.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,082

Post#5 » by sisibilio » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:28 pm

lambchop wrote:On a side note, with Jovic, Vuckevic, Micic and Pokusevski getting regular minutes now and looking like legit nba material, it's crazy how Serbia keeps on churning out nba players.

Getting minutes and putting up numbers at the end of the season in tanking teams doesn't mean much.
I expect at least Micic to stick around though.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,164

Post#6 » by Hal14 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:48 pm

lambchop wrote:Djirisic has looked legit this season. I completely disagree with the Bogdanovic comparison because shooting is in fact Djurisic only weakness. He's at a respectable 33% from range this season compared to last year's 20%. Given his age, I'm sure he'll figure it out though. His nba comparison is probably more Christian Braun.

Oh cmon now. *maybe* on offense..but Braun's calling card is his tough, gritty defense. Djurisic isn't anywhere close to the defender Braun is. Definitely not buying that comparison.

Not everybody needs a comparison. Djurisic is a 6'8" wing who can handle the ball, act as a secondary ball handler..run PnR, make some solid passes (had 12 assists in a recent game), he's a 3 level scorer who is just good (but not great) at scoring from each of those levels. JUst an ok rebounder, has decent strength, average athleticism for an NBA wing. Pretty high IQ player has shown solid production in a top tier pro league after recently turning age 20.

He's got a shot to make it in the league as a solid wing who could come off the bench, put up some points, give you some secondary ball handling/secondary playmaking and hopefully hold his own on D..(defense might be the worst part of his game, though and it's probably the best part of Braun's game)..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Mickey8 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:18 pm

lambchop wrote:Djirisic has looked legit this season. I completely disagree with the Bogdanovic comparison because shooting is in fact Djurisic only weakness. He's at a respectable 33% from range this season compared to last year's 20%. Given his age, I'm sure he'll figure it out though. His nba comparison is probably more Christian Braun.

He has great functional athleticism and solid bounce off that left foot, though I wouldn't consider him a highflyer.

On a side note, with Jovic, Vuckevic, Micic and Pokusevski getting regular minutes now and looking like legit nba material, it's crazy how Serbia keeps on churning out nba players.

He's more skilled player than Braun. And he has potential to be the solid defender too. He was always a very good player on that side in the youth competitions. As far as Serbian prospects goes. The next big one is Aleksa Dimitrijevic, I have opened the thread about him, he had a very good international tournament for Serbian U18 NT last week, he has the potential to be the lottery pick next year or year after.
lambchop
General Manager

Post#8 » by lambchop » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:50 pm

Hal14 wrote:

Oh cmon now. *maybe* on offense..but Braun's calling card is his tough, gritty defense. Djurisic isn't anywhere close to the defender Braun is. Definitely not buying that comparison.

Not everybody needs a comparison. Djurisic is a 6'8" wing who can handle the ball, act as a secondary ball handler..run PnR, make some solid passes (had 12 assists in a recent game), he's a 3 level scorer who is just good (but not great) at scoring from each of those levels. JUst an ok rebounder, has decent strength, average athleticism for an NBA wing. Pretty high IQ player has shown solid production in a top tier pro league after recently turning age 20.

He's got a shot to make it in the league as a solid wing who could come off the bench, put up some points, give you some secondary ball handling/secondary playmaking and hopefully hold his own on D..(defense might be the worst part of his game, though and it's probably the best part of Braun's game)..

I don't see him being a ball handler in the nba, unless he lucks out and ends up on a truly terrible team. Secondary ball handlers are guys like Reaves, Russell, Vanvleet, maybe even Micic now that he has a bigger role. I don't see that same level of craftiness or shooting from Djurisic yet. But, of course, he can still get there. That said, he comes across as the kind of player who would benefit from additional space that the nba game provides, especially once his shot gets more consistent.

On another side note, nbadraft.net still uses the yugo flag for serbian players just without the star.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Mickey8 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:55 pm

sisibilio wrote:
lambchop wrote:On a side note, with Jovic, Vuckevic, Micic and Pokusevski getting regular minutes now and looking like legit nba material, it's crazy how Serbia keeps on churning out nba players.

Getting minutes and putting up numbers at the end of the season in tanking teams doesn't mean much.

Jovic have been starter for Miami for the last few weeks, he will be Miami player for a long time. I think Vukvevic will get the chance next season too. I don't know whats the plan for Micic, he came to NBA kind of late like Teodosic was. Pokusevski is the player who might not be in the league next season. I think Topic and Djurisic will be two newcomers for the next season.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#10 » by Pokuokic » Tue Apr 9, 2024 9:48 am

Yeah I talked about him in the Miami forum as a guy who should be taken in the 2nd or signed as a free agent he's got big upside as a 6'8 SG (6'8 wingspan only ) and he's a got a great build to be a physical monster at the 2. He's got a lot of natural gifts in terms of passing and solid athlete just needs to work on his finishing around the rim but he can get to the rim at least.

I don't think the Bogdanvoic comp is a good one I can't really even think of a good comp maybe a Tomas Satoransky with more flair and a better build maybe not the vertical leaper Tomas (threw down vicious posters) was but more explosive going to the rim and attacking the basket.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 911

Post#11 » by Pokuokic » Tue Apr 9, 2024 9:56 am

Mickey8 wrote:
sisibilio wrote:

Jovic have been starter for Miami for the last few weeks, he will be Miami player for a long time. I think Vukvevic will get the chance next season too. I don't know whats the plan for Micic, he came to NBA kind of late like Teodosic was. Pokusevski is the player who might not be in the league next season. I think Topic and Djurisic will be two newcomers for the next season.

Poku barring injury will be in the NBA for the next 5+ years just based on "what could be" 7 footer with a respectable 3 and can play anything from SG-C barring injury he's a a NBA player for a long time. Vukcevic is the really surprising one he looked garbage in Europe but the skills are really showing in the small sample size in the NBA. Would not be shocked if Micic asked to go back to Europe and cut his deal short in the NBA.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Mickey8 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 11:22 am

Djurisic is the better and stronger athlete than Satoransky and the comparison is not that good. Satoransky is more of the point guard, not the pure one but he handles the ball a lot like the point guard. Vukcevic to me never got the real chance in Partizan. He would get some minutes in Adriatic League which he used fairly good , he was yanked in and out of the line ups all the time. You can't have a good continuity if you play one game then you don't play the next three games. Obradovic sucks in developing young players.
lambchop
General Manager

Post#13 » by lambchop » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:20 pm

Djurisic looks more sturdy than Satoransky, but in terms of speed I think they're pretty much the same and when it comes to jumping I'd give Satoransky the edge. At the pre draft where everyone tries to do their best Djurisic really looked like just an average Euro player. That said, dunking really isn't a thing in Serbia so I think he just never practices it. He's an excellent functional athlete though imo.

As for Vuckevic and Partizan, I feel as though that roster is just awfully constructed. They have 15 active players (with Tristan). Yesterday they were 12 with Trifunovic and Jaramaz sitting out. By design not all guys are meant to play. It would be way smarter to invest 4 salaries in one elite player. That creates minutes for the younger guys to play more by default.

But, as I said in the Topic thread, there's a reason why young players avoid the Euroleague these days. The smart ones play Eurocup or on weaker ACB teams, like Breogan, or play in Germany or for MEGA etc. Playing for aspiring Euroleague teams is not a recipe for success.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Mickey8 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:56 pm

Djurisic is the pretty good dunker. Dunking is not the thing of the practice, you either can dunk or you don't. Djursic mother was the volleyball player so he probably inherited some leaping abilities from her, plus he's tall enough and long enough to dunk the ball and he's more of the power dunker. He can easily dunk on the ally ops in traffic etc.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Mickey8 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 1:03 pm

lambchop wrote:Djurisic looks more sturdy than Satoransky, but in terms of speed I think they're pretty much the same and when it comes to jumping I'd give Satoransky the edge. At the pre draft where everyone tries to do their best Djurisic really looked like just an average Euro player. That said, dunking really isn't a thing in Serbia so I think he just never practices it. He's an excellent functional athlete though imo.

As for Vuckevic and Partizan, I feel as though that roster is just awfully constructed. They have 15 active players (with Tristan). Yesterday they were 12 with Trifunovic and Jaramaz sitting out. By design not all guys are meant to play. It would be way smarter to invest 4 salaries in one elite player. That creates minutes for the younger guys to play more by default.

But, as I said in the Topic thread, there's a reason why young players avoid the Euroleague these days. The smart ones play Eurocup or on weaker ACB teams, like Breogan, or play in Germany or for MEGA etc. Playing for aspiring Euroleague teams is not a recipe for success.

Topic situation was different. He was loaned to Mega because club said he wasn't ready for them. Topic would have stayed with Red Star senior team if Ivanovic wanted him on the team.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,082

Post#16 » by sisibilio » Tue Apr 9, 2024 1:21 pm

Pokuokic wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:
sisibilio wrote:Getting minutes and putting up numbers at the end of the season in tanking teams doesn't mean much.

Poku barring injury will be in the NBA for the next 5+ years just based on "what could be" 7 footer with a respectable 3 and can play anything from SG-C barring injury he's a a NBA player for a long time. Vukcevic is the really surprising one he looked garbage in Europe but the skills are really showing in the small sample size in the NBA. Would not be shocked if Micic asked to go back to Europe and cut his deal short in the NBA.

I was talking about the other 3, Jovic is a keeper, for sure.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Mickey8 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:25 pm

These are the highlights from the last regular game of the season.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#18 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:47 pm

I am hoping he keeps getting slept on and falls to the ATL SRP that PDX owns (Around #40).
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,089

Post#19 » by ItsDanger » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:48 pm

Doesn't really stand out. Could be a decent bench scorer off ball.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#20 » by Mickey8 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:32 pm

Jokic didn't stand out to NBA "experts", just sayin :wink:

Return to NBA Draft