Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,893

Re: Jabari Smith Jr. - Auburn 

Post#1001 » by Colbinii » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

Big J wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Big J wrote:
A better defending Iggy is an absolute monster. Like best defender in the league if Wemby didn’t exist.

Yes, and in a situation where his impact is more realized as he is with Jabari/Green/Eason/Brooks with a good defensive coach. It's like if 24 year-old Iggy was on Golden State instead of 31 year-old Iggy.

If I'm Houston I'm offloading Sengun. He needs the ball too much to be effective, and doesn't fit the defensive identity of this team. He's like GS David Lee.

Nah, Sengun is much better than David Lee.

Sengun is at 3.1 OBPM while David Lee's peak with the Warriors was 1.4 OBPM.

David Lee Peaked at 23 USG% and 16.5 AST%.
Sengun is at 27 USG% and 25.1 AST%.

Sengun is closer to Domantas Sabonis and the team around him should resemble more of the Kings. Now, Kings always have 4 shooters next to Sabonis. Literally every player Sabonis has played minutes with can shoot the 3 ball.

The current push-pull with Amen/Sengun is that neither can stretch the floor, and you can see it in their respective offensive ratings together compared to when they play without one another.

But, do you really want to emulate the Kings? I think Jalen Green has more to offer than Malik Monk and Jabari Smith Jr's potential defensive presence eclipses Keegan Murray's, but ultimately Amen will need to be able to shoot to succeed long-term next to Sabonis.

It is interesting to see what the Rockets decide moving forward and if the two [Amen and Sengun] can co-exist.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.

Return to NBA Draft