Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,446

Re: Zach Edey, 7-4 

Post#481 » by Big J » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:10 pm

King Ken wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
King Ken wrote:Next Shaq? Lmao okay. I find it hilarious when someone who doesn't do their homework and isn't prepared tries to attack people who are just way more advanced on the subject than they are. It's just hilarious to me but that's the world we live in.

Are you not over here saying he should be #1 pick? Will be an allstar if Hawks take him? You are the one who brought up Shaq a few post ago.

I have watched plenty of Edey over the last 4 years.

Drew Timme, Garza are not bad NBA players simply because of their defense though. Teams are willing to play really good offensive players who are bad defenders all the time. The reason they don't play is because the NBA doesn't value guys who play like that.

The closest things are Sabonis, Sengun and Jokic but all those guys are offensive hubs who can pass and also shoot the ball. Edey is far less skilled than those 3.

No
Yep
Not as a direct comp for Shaq
You should be able to come up much better stuff than he's Drew Timme if you did
Timme isn't in the NBA. Garza is and defense is one of the main reasons he's been a 3rd stringer. Saying it isn't is a terrible Basketball opinion. Even his coaches will say that to him directly. He's add range too. Defense is exclusively the reason he's a 3rd stronger.
You just continue to have a prototype in your mind and since he's not that, you can't see him working out. That's exactly what I did to Cameron Johnson and I was wrong.

Stop bringing up Cam Johnson. Everyone except you knew he would be a valuable 3&D guy at the bare minimum. Shooting is everything in today's NBA.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#482 » by King Ken » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:53 pm

Big J wrote:
King Ken wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
Are you not over here saying he should be #1 pick? Will be an allstar if Hawks take him? You are the one who brought up Shaq a few post ago.

I have watched plenty of Edey over the last 4 years.

Drew Timme, Garza are not bad NBA players simply because of their defense though. Teams are willing to play really good offensive players who are bad defenders all the time. The reason they don't play is because the NBA doesn't value guys who play like that.

The closest things are Sabonis, Sengun and Jokic but all those guys are offensive hubs who can pass and also shoot the ball. Edey is far less skilled than those 3.

No
Yep
Timme isn't in the NBA. Garza is and defense is one of the main reasons he's been a 3rd stringer. Saying it isn't is a terrible Basketball opinion. Even his coaches will say that to him directly. He's add range too. Defense is exclusively the reason he's a 3rd stronger.
You just continue to have a prototype in your mind and since he's not that, you can't see him working out. That's exactly what I did to Cameron Johnson and I was wrong.

Stop bringing up Cam Johnson. Everyone except you knew he would be a valuable 3&D guy at the bare minimum. Shooting is everything in today's NBA.

I'll keep bringing him up every single time for the same reason everytime. You are making the same exact mistake I made on Johnson and you can't see it. I couldn’t either at that time.
Big J
General Manager

Post#483 » by Big J » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:27 am

King Ken wrote:
Big J wrote:
King Ken wrote:No
Yep

I'll keep bringing him up every single time for the same reason everytime. You are making the same exact mistake I made on Johnson and you can't see it. I couldn’t either at that time.

The difference is that you were on an island by yourself against Cam. There is an army of us here who know Edey is trash.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#484 » by CptCrunch » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:54 am

I'm pretty convinced at this point that Edey is indeed not that good, perhaps even trash. His only value is leading an offense but which coach is ready to let a 22 year old rookie lead their offense. To boot, Edey need to be shooting about 60% from the field to make that offense not trash. There is no defensive upside to Edey; he can challange shots with his size when he is in position. He is gonna get murdered on rolls, swiches and transition. Unless you want to build a slow greuling offense around him, what's the point of drafting Edey?

His only path to be relevant is if his touch is indeed elite. In that case Edey can be relied upon to play 25 minutes a game with his team pounding the ball inside every possession. He would need to convert and execute; he would be some 6th type of role from the center position. Your bench offense will become Edey post-up. Big IF if he has the skill and talent to play this role.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#485 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:53 am

Big J wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Big J wrote:

The difference is that you were on an island by yourself against Cam. There is an army of us here who know Edey is trash.

You aren't living in reality.

First, there are a large number of people who support Edey on here and in real life. He's listed by a number of teams in the 10-24 range.

Cameron Johnson draft range was in the 25-40 range. Even on here, he was only mentioned to be in the 17-20 range twice from posters. Most scouts, draft boards, and message board posters did not have him in the top 20 at all. None of us thought he had that potential.

I even did a search and it was exactly what I thought. He didn't even have his own thread on here. He was basically pushed aside even on here as an afterthought. You wasn't here so it's easy to act like, oh, I knew he would be someone making 100 million and having impact in the NBA Finals. But no one here saw it so please, get over yourself.

You are so obsessed that Edey is a scrub in your mind that you have lost all deductive reasoning and I've notice that's a trend with those who dislike Edey.

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/s/XvcDGE76qS

Nbadraft.net
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/cameron-johnson/

He was an afterthought everywhere at that time. This is the problem with posters with limited posting history. Ya'll act like you know it all and we have no history on you for anything. We don't see your work to see if you improved and learned from your mistakes. We don't have anything. Just odd to me and it will always be odd.

So let's say Edey is a stud and extremely productive in the NBA. What are you going to do?

No one ever cares if your right. Well, he was extremely productive in college at an extreme level, he should have been productive in the NBA.

It's when you are wrong. They care. So what will you do? You will have history, good or bad moving forward. Are you still going to maintain this form lacking reasoning?

The one thing I've fix is the lack of reasoning with others. I'll listen to you even if I clearly don't agree.

So give me your scouting report on Edey. I would like to see it. Don't give me stupid hot takes. Give me your full scouting report. He's so easy you say, this should be good. I expect 500-650 words.

If you want I can give you categories if you like
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#486 » by JMAC3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:32 pm

King Ken wrote:
Big J wrote:
King Ken wrote:I'll keep bringing him up every single time for the same reason everytime. You are making the same exact mistake I made on Johnson and you can't see it. I couldn’t either at that time.

First, there are a large number of people who support Edey on here and in real life. He's listed by a number of teams in the 10-24 range.

Cameron Johnson draft range was in the 25-40 range. Even on here, he was only mentioned to be in the 17-20 range twice from posters. Most scouts, draft boards, and message board posters did not have him in the top 20 at all. None of us thought he had that potential.

I even did a search and it was exactly what I thought. He didn't even have his own thread on here. He was basically pushed aside even on here as an afterthought. You wasn't here so it's easy to act like, oh, I knew he would be someone making 100 million and having impact in the NBA Finals. But no one here saw it so please, get over yourself.

You are so obsessed that Edey is a scrub in your mind that you have lost all deductive reasoning and I've notice that's a trend with those who dislike Edey.

Nbadraft.net

He was an afterthought everywhere at that time. This is the problem with posters with limited posting history. Ya'll act like you know it all and we have no history on you for anything. We don't see your work to see if you improved and learned from your mistakes. We don't have anything. Just odd to me and it will always be odd.

So let's say Edey is a stud and extremely productive in the NBA. What are you going to do?

No one ever cares if your right. Well, he was extremely productive in college at an extreme level, he should have been productive in the NBA.

It's when you are wrong. They care. So what will you do? You will have history, good or bad moving forward. Are you still going to maintain this form lacking reasoning?

The one thing I've fix is the lack of reasoning with others. I'll listen to you even if I clearly don't agree.

So give me your scouting report on Edey. I would like to see it. Don't give me stupid hot takes. Give me your full scouting report. He's so easy you say, this should be good. I expect 500-650 words.

Can we get a clarification on where Edey is on your board? Top 5? Top 10?
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
King Ken
General Manager

Post#487 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:36 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Big J wrote:

Nbadraft.net

I haven't updated it yet so when it's updated after March Madness, you will see where he aligns.

When do you plan on having the scouting report completed? Do you need my help with anything?
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#488 » by JMAC3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:02 pm

King Ken wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
King Ken wrote:You aren't living in reality.

Nbadraft.net

I haven't updated it yet so when it's updated after March Madness, you will see where he aligns.

When do you plan on having the scouting report completed? Do you need my help with anything?

I am just asking for a range? don't need you to send me a 10 page scouting report.

For me, Edey is around 45- 50. Currently behind Clingham, Filipowksi, Missi, Holmes, Ware and Igohodoro among centers.
He is in the tier with Comanche, Bona, PJ Hall and Johni Broom.
Big Board
Big J
General Manager

Post#489 » by Big J » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:14 pm

King Ken wrote:
Big J wrote:
King Ken wrote:I'll keep bringing him up every single time for the same reason everytime. You are making the same exact mistake I made on Johnson and you can't see it. I couldn’t either at that time.

Nbadraft.net

500-650 words… are you planning on paying me for my services? Typically guys like Edey aren’t worth my time, but I can put something together for you if you’re interested.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#490 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:26 pm

Big J wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Big J wrote:

Nbadraft.net

500-650 words… are you planning on paying me for my services? Typically guys like Edey aren’t worth my time, but I can put something together for you if you’re interested.

Of course not but I love to review it and I am judgement free with ANY scouting report because I know the work and time it takes that goes into them. At least, the detailed ones.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#491 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:27 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

I am just asking for a range? don't need you to send me a 10 page scouting report.

For me, Edey is around 45- 50. Currently behind Clingham, Filipowksi, Missi, Holmes, Ware and Igohodoro among centers.

I would love to see a scouting report from you and Big J.
Big J
General Manager

Post#492 » by Big J » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:29 pm

King Ken wrote:
Big J wrote:
King Ken wrote:You aren't living in reality.

Nbadraft.net

Of course not but I love to review it and I am judgement free with ANY scouting report because I know the work and time it takes that goes into them. At least, the detailed ones.

Bro, there is not going to be a scouting report on him unless I am directly commissioned by a client to make one. I’m telling teams that will listen to put him on their “do not draft” lists.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#493 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:40 pm

Big J wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Big J wrote:

Bro, there is not going to be a scouting report on him unless I am directly commissioned by a client to make one. I’m telling teams that will listen to put him on their “do not draft” lists.

I already knew you weren't. Edey is time consuming and you have written him off so you don't want to spend a second doing what you think is a waste of time, right?
Big J
General Manager

Post#494 » by Big J » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:46 pm

King Ken wrote:
Big J wrote:
King Ken wrote:Of course not but I love to review it and I am judgement free with ANY scouting report because I know the work and time it takes that goes into them. At least, the detailed ones.

I already knew you weren't. Edey is time consuming and you have written him off so you don't want to spend a second doing what you think is a waste of time, right?

No, he’s not time consuming. His game is incredibly simple. I just don’t put 500-650 word scouting reports together for free.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#495 » by JMAC3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:53 pm

King Ken wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
King Ken wrote:I haven't updated it yet so when it's updated after March Madness, you will see where he aligns.

How many post up back to basket touches do you think his team gives him per game in the NBA?
Big Board
King Ken
General Manager

Post#496 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:03 pm

Big J wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Big J wrote:

No, he’s not time consuming. His game is incredibly simple. I just don’t put 500-650 word scouting reports together for free.

If you can't do a 500-650 word scouting report together on a player, maybe you aren't as sound as you think on that said player.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#497 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:09 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

How many post up back to basket touches do you think his team gives him per game in the NBA?

Post ups- he will lead the league in post ups. 9-9.5 a game per36. Obviously, mpg will decide if he numerically leads the league. That just depends where he lands. On average, I am expecting 4-4.5 post-ups playing 18-20mpg as a rookie.

As long as he goes to a drop coverage leaning team, he will be a NBA ready backup right now for most teams. As long as he fits defensively.

Where he goes is everything. He could go to a team like Memphis and he's never more than a 20mpg player. Just depends where he goes. Some teams are A-okay with you playing a situational role
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#498 » by GoBobs » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:20 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

This is really something that is hard to predict without knowing what situation he lands in. If he comes to the Hornets and we still have Clifford it will be a bunch of post ups.

If he goes to a team like Det that really doesn't have a ton of other effective stuff they do, they will likely experiment with it and use it more or less depending on if it helps them win games.

If he goes to an established playoff team, they will probably mostly just run their stuff and he will have to fit in where he can.
Big J
General Manager

Post#499 » by Big J » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:44 pm

Can you Edey truthers explain how he’s better than Demarcus Cousins at this stage in time? Because Cousins is a better shooter and passer, yet he’s not even in the league anymore due to the same deficiencies that Edey has.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#500 » by JMAC3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:45 pm

King Ken wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
King Ken wrote:I would love to see a scouting report from you and Big J.

Post ups- he will lead the league in post ups. 9-9.5 a game per36. Obviously, mpg will decide if he numerically leads the league. That just depends where he lands. On average, I am expecting 4-4.5 post-ups playing 18-20mpg as a rookie.

As long as he goes to a drop coverage leaning team, he will be a NBA ready backup right now for most teams. As long as he fits defensively.

Where he goes is everything. He could go to a team like Memphis and he's never more than a 20mpg player. Just depends where he goes. Some teams are A-okay with you playing a situational role

This is why your logic is flawed. The two best centers in the league are only getting 6 post ups per game, but you think a Rookie is going to get 50% more than the back to back MVPs?

Studs like Giannis, Wemby, Sengun, Zion aren't even averaging more than 1 PPP on post touches which is why nobody in the NBA does it.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/playtype-post-up?dir=D&sort=POSS
Big Board

Return to NBA Draft