2023 NBA Draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

toussaud
Junior
And1: 238

Re: 2023 NBA Draft 

Post#2301 » by toussaud » Sun Jul 9, 2023 5:46 am

toussaud wrote:I'm an arkansas fan I've seen every one of blacks game. I've seen Brandon Miller. I'm telling u guys Keyonte George.IS. HIM. HIM I TELL YA. He's a right handed James harden. A certified bucket. We have two of the best guard defenders in the country and he made them look like fools.

I think black is a perfect fit for a team like the magic cause he's a very low usage good distributor pure pg that would fit right in. But any other team with the third pick needs to jump on george.

Bump bump bump

I seen the vision yall
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#2302 » by BostonCouchGM » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:29 am

toussaud wrote:
toussaud wrote:I'm an arkansas fan I've seen every one of blacks game. I've seen Brandon Miller. I'm telling u guys Keyonte George.IS. HIM. HIM I TELL YA. He's a right handed James harden. A certified bucket. We have two of the best guard defenders in the country and he made them look like fools.

I think black is a perfect fit for a team like the magic cause he's a very low usage good distributor pure pg that would fit right in. But any other team with the third pick needs to jump on george.

Bump bump bump

I seen the vision yall

lol he's an undersized, high usage, inefficient chucker. Ainge seems to be collecting them with Sexton, Clarkson and George. And George might actually be the worst defender of them all lol which is saying something. They should just make him a PG and try like hell to cure him of his chucking ways so he might end up having a chance.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#2303 » by The-Power » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:18 pm

toussaud wrote:

Bump bump bump

I seen the vision yall

Talk about a way too premature bump. :lol:
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#2304 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:57 pm

I think it's safe to say that after seeing them both on an NBA floor around other NBA players, neither Whitmore nor Howard are their "official" heights. Each is anywhere from 3/4" to a full inch shorter than listed.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#2305 » by Marcus » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:17 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:How the hell did TJD fall to 57?

to me he looks like the player that can be groomed to replace Dray. but will he be given a chance to do so?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#2306 » by Marcus » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:18 pm

also, am i alone in the thought that Ausar might be day one better than Amen?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,180

Post#2307 » by Hal14 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:06 pm

Marcus wrote:also, am i alone in the thought that Ausar might be day one better than Amen?

Nope
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,972

Post#2308 » by Colbinii » Fri Jan 5, 2024 4:52 am

Boy, Podziemski looks worlds better than Dick.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 753

Post#2309 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Jan 5, 2024 6:09 am

Dick has the issue of being a shooter only and developing yips when he came up against NBA speed.

We'll see how he bounces back next year when he's more used to NBA speed.

Top players form 2023 so far are probably

1. Wemby
2. Miller
3. Jaquez
4. Lively Jr
5. Wallace
6. Podz
7. Scoot
8. Black
9. Couilibaly

No one else is really playing or doing stuff.

GG Jackson is having an absolutely terrible season in the G-League but we're still getting the "GG would have been the #1 pick in 2024!!!" nonsense despite him showing no growth whatsoever.

Not sure how a redraft goes. Amen and Ausar are probably the hardest young players to evaluate in several years because they're so historically bad at shooting (with basically no hope of improvement) that you need to arrange your entire team around them and it's not clear if they're going to be good enough to justify that.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer

Post#2310 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:35 am

Redraft probably goes (top 3 the same, of course)

4. Houston: Couilibaly
5. Detroit: Cason Wallace
6. Orlando: Anthony Black
7. Indiana: Ausar
8. Washington: Amen
9. Utah: Lively Jr

(Yeah, the fits for Detroit and Utah are terrible, but every fit for Detroit is horrible and Utah doesn't care about fit).

Jaquez and Podz vs. Taylor Hendricks and Jarace Walker would be interesting for who teams would pick.

Buuuuuuuuuuut it's 30 games in and the Jazz have a really stupid roster that has buried Hendricks (while forcing Keyonte George to play huge minutes at PG despite having never played PG in his life and being extremely bad) so it's very hard to make any serious redraft attempts at all.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 896

Post#2311 » by FarBeyondDriven » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:51 am

Since this thread was bumped I just went through it to see what my favorite posters were saying back then. Seems the same people touting this draft class as great (industry experts and the many of you) are the same people telling you the 2024 class is weak. Go figure. Just to be on record I would say the 2023 class is about average but definitely not great. Similar to 2024 actually
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#2312 » by Colbinii » Fri Jan 5, 2024 3:01 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:Since this thread was bumped I just went through it to see what my favorite posters were saying back then. Seems the same people touting this draft class as great (industry experts and the many of you) are the same people telling you the 2024 class is weak. Go figure. Just to be on record I would say the 2023 class is about average but definitely not great. Similar to 2024 actually

This Board has a ton of garbage because a lot of people posting here aren't actually posting here because they like to talk about draft prospects.

No, the reason you, JMAC3 and others post here is to prove how smart you are.

It's super annoying.

It would be nice if we all just stopped talking about how small our dicks by showing off our lifted trucks and instead talked about the prospects.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#2313 » by Colbinii » Fri Jan 5, 2024 3:06 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Redraft probably goes (top 3 the same, of course)

4. Houston: Couilibaly
5. Detroit: Cason Wallace
6. Orlando: Anthony Black
7. Indiana: Ausar
8. Washington: Amen
9. Utah: Lively Jr

(Yeah, the fits for Detroit and Utah are terrible, but every fit for Detroit is horrible and Utah doesn't care about fit).

Jaquez and Podz vs. Taylor Hendricks and Jarace Walker would be interesting for who teams would pick.

Buuuuuuuuuuut it's 30 games in and the Jazz have a really stupid roster that has buried Hendricks (while forcing Keyonte George to play huge minutes at PG despite having never played PG in his life and being extremely bad) so it's very hard to make any serious redraft attempts at all.

JJJ would be ahead of most players here.

Keyonte playing PG is excellent for his development.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer

Post#2314 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Jan 5, 2024 11:46 pm

Keyonte has been trying ever since the end of the college season to become a PG since he knows he has no shot at SG in the NBA (way too small)

The issue is that him playing PG for the first time has made him probably the worst 20 MPG+ player in the NBA other than maybe Jeremy Sochan, lol.

Meanwhile, Taylor Hendricks gets 0 minutes per game because we're trying to trade Kelly Olynyk and John Collins.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 896

Post#2315 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:19 am

Colbinii wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:Since this thread was bumped I just went through it to see what my favorite posters were saying back then. Seems the same people touting this draft class as great (industry experts and the many of you) are the same people telling you the 2024 class is weak. Go figure. Just to be on record I would say the 2023 class is about average but definitely not great. Similar to 2024 actually

This Board has a ton of garbage because a lot of people posting here aren't actually posting here because they like to talk about draft prospects.

No, the reason you, JMAC3 and others post here is to prove how smart you are.

It's super annoying.

It would be nice if we all just stopped talking about how small our dicks by showing off our lifted trucks and instead talked about the prospects.

Need your bottle? Or a nap? I post more about prospects than pretty much everyone since I've been active. If you were nicer to people instead of attacking them, and debated in good faith, maybe they wouldn't mock you for your awful takes?
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,170

Post#2316 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:27 pm

Are you taking the over or under 10% chance that Jarace Walker is an allstar in his career based on what we have/haven't seen and Siakam acquistion?
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer

Post#2317 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:30 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Are you taking the over or under 10% chance that Jarace Walker is an allstar in his career based on what we have/haven't seen and Siakam acquistion?

His G-League stats have been amazing, but IDK, not sure the Pacers believe in him at all. He's super soft so I was pretty doubtful of his offense in the NBA. If he is a 40%+ three point shooter, then he can probably be a star even with how soft he is, but we'll see how good of a shooter he actually is moving forward.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer

Post#2318 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:27 pm

Taylor Hendricks has largely lived up to being a good three point shooter with defensive potential, but guys are flying at him on closeouts because the rest of his game is so bad on offense, lol.

When Taylor Hendricks is forced off his spot, he has to dribble all the way to the basket because he has no in-between game.

But he can't change direction at all with the ball and can't explode through NBA centers and can't pass so a center just rotates over and he's dead.

He really needs to figure out something he can do when he is forced to drive. He's just so incredibly bad at scoring inside and that's making him a pretty negative player because he therefore gets few open looks from three.

Return to NBA Draft