Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,206

Re: Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny? 

Post#481 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:10 pm

The-Power wrote:I honestly don't care what happens to Bronny James under a hypothetical LeBron ownership of an expansion team some time in the future.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,448

Post#482 » by Big J » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:09 pm

The-Power wrote:
Big J wrote:
The-Power wrote:If he sucks and it turns out he can't play then he'll not give a team any spotlight, much less a ‘giant’ one, beyond the first couple weeks of his career. Nobody is following a team because some dude who never plays has a famous dad who used to play in the NBA. But perhaps I'm not online enough to notice the continuing hype around Shareef O'Neal and others.

You don't think he's suiting up for the Vegas franchise if Lebron is the owner?

I honestly don't care what happens to Bronny James under a hypothetical LeBron ownership of an expansion team some time in the future. The point you argued was that teams will have a ‘giant spotlight’ on them just because Bronny is on their roster (even if he does not play well or even play at all) – and I don't buy that for one second, no.

Do you remember Tim Tebow? He was terrible week after week and yet was the number one talking point of every show for months.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 895

Post#483 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 am

Big J wrote:
The-Power wrote:
Big J wrote:
You don't think he's suiting up for the Vegas franchise if Lebron is the owner?

I honestly don't care what happens to Bronny James under a hypothetical LeBron ownership of an expansion team some time in the future. The point you argued was that teams will have a ‘giant spotlight’ on them just because Bronny is on their roster (even if he does not play well or even play at all) – and I don't buy that for one second, no.

Do you remember Tim Tebow? He was terrible week after week and yet was the number one talking point of every show for months.

was he? I just remember the Broncos not catering their playbook to his gifts and not really giving him a chance. Then when they thought they had nothing to lose and started him in his sophomore season, in 11 starts he led them to a 7-4 record, throwing and running for a combined 18 TDs, and they made the playoffs. And then in the playoffs he beat a very good Steelers team while throwing for 316 yards (on only 10 completions) and 2 TDS and running for another 50 yards and a TD. Didn't matter to the Broncos though and they replaced him with Peyton and Tebow never got another opportunity.

Tebow really struggled to throw the ball but had an NFL team built their team around him, like the Eagles have done with Hurts, running the ball with two TE sets, option and play action, he might have had a long NFL career.
Big J
General Manager

Post#484 » by Big J » Yesterday 5:21 pm

Hypothetically how high does Bronny go if that team is given a 50/50 shot of signing his pops? In this trash draft I’m thinking lotto.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,388

Post#485 » by SeattleJazzFan » Yesterday 5:56 pm

Big J wrote:Hypothetically how high does Bronny go if that team is given a 50/50 shot of signing his pops? In this trash draft I’m thinking lotto.

maybe top 15, but it's a moot point. lebron is staying with the lakers. the question is whether he'll convince the lakers to draft him in the second round.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,315

Post#486 » by babyjax13 » Yesterday 5:58 pm

Big J wrote:Hypothetically how high does Bronny go if that team is given a 50/50 shot of signing his pops? In this trash draft I’m thinking lotto.

I think for a 50/50 shot I'd say late first. The draft still has some depth even if it does not have top end talent, so I would not want to burn a 4-year asset, but the chance at his dad makes it worth it at a certain point. I don't think LeBron is doing Bronny's long-term career any favors here, but to be set up with that kind of money (obviously his dad is rich) is awesome. Wish my dad was LeBron :lol:

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,443

Post#487 » by JRoy » Yesterday 6:00 pm

Better to be Jokic, LeBrons dad.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Big J
General Manager

Post#488 » by Big J » Yesterday 7:11 pm

It would be hilarious if Bronny went lotto just to see the rage by hardcore NBA incels.

Return to NBA Draft