Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,448

Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny? 

Post#1 » by Big J » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:37 pm

Are we just pretending he doesn’t exist now? How high does this kid go now that we know him & his pops are a package deal? I’m guessing lottery at least.
Time for Change
Bench Warmer
And1: 727

Re: Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny? 

Post#2 » by Time for Change » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:17 pm

If we assume he isn’t being picked on his own merits, then it seems more likely that LeBron would try to orchestrate him going to a contender instead of a lotto team. Cleveland looks promising for 2024…
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,719

Post#3 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:35 pm

Because the draft board is less about the drama side of these players and more the breakdown of their games.

And considering the fact that he isn't even a top 50 player for his class at the moment and the top guys of his class don't even have threads about them yet. I would say that is why he doesn't have a thread on here yet.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#4 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:39 pm

because he sucks and isn't an NBA prospect
Big J
General Manager

Post#5 » by Big J » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:51 pm

Who cares how good he is. Him & his dad are a package deal so we need to be talking about how high he's gonna go.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,823

Post#6 » by UcanUwill » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:51 pm

No one is wasting lottery pick for a year of 40 year old LeBron. I am not saying Bronny will not be NBA prospect, but there is nothing there at this moment yet.
Big J
General Manager

Post#7 » by Big J » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:58 pm

UcanUwill wrote:No one is wasting lottery pick for a year of 40 year old LeBron. I am not saying Bronny will not be NBA prospect, but there is nothing there at this moment yet.

You telling me Sacto or Orlando ain't finna put butts in seats or boost revenues 10 fold for a year due to getting Bron? We've seen how little these franchises value lotto picks with who they've used them on in the past that I wouldn't put it past them.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:59 pm

clyde21 wrote:because he sucks and isn't an NBA prospect

Yup. Again we don't even have threads for guys like Derek Lively who is the #1 ranked guy for next year's class. Bronny isn't even top 50 for his class that is 2 years away.

And let's be real if he wasn't Lebron's son, he probably wouldn't even be a top 75 recruit.

He's not a freak athlete. He doesn't have great size. He isn't a lights out shooter. He isn't some phenomenal floor general. He's not a blue chip recruit, without his name he's most likely a borderline 3-4 star recruit.

Players like that don't tend to get their own threads on here.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#9 » by azcatz11 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:02 pm

Big J wrote:Who cares how good he is. Him & his dad are a package deal so we need to be talking about how high he's gonna go.

What does Lebron have to do with him as a prospect though? I'm all about the Lebron slander but this board doesn't feel appropriate for that kind of conversation IMO
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,823

Post#10 » by UcanUwill » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:03 pm

Big J wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:No one is wasting lottery pick for a year of 40 year old LeBron. I am not saying Bronny will not be NBA prospect, but there is nothing there at this moment yet.

You telling me Sacto or Orlando ain't finna put butts in seats or boost revenues 10 fold for a year due to getting Bron? We've seen how little these franchises value lotto picks with who they've used them on in the past that I wouldn't put it past them.

The only way it happens, if some real contender has someone elses pick, and LeBron 2.5 years later still a top 30 player, which is doubtful, then they can draft Shabazz Napier 2.0 just for LeBron, but no, rebuilding team doesnt do that. Sac and Orlando value picks, they are just idiots at drafting.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:03 pm

Big J wrote:Who cares how good he is. Him & his dad are a package deal so we need to be talking about how high he's gonna go.

That is literally the entire point of the draft board. The lack of idiotic threads is one of the reasons why the draft board is my favorite place on here.

This is the place where people come to talk about the legit NBA pro prospects. We break down players games.

What you're describing is more of a GB topic. I'll stop right here because I don't want to do any backseat modding.

Just saying that is why there is no Bronny thread and why a Bronny thread probably wont gain any traction on the draft board. The people in here tend to want to talk about NBA prospect's games. Not dumb drama stuff.
Big J
General Manager

Post#12 » by Big J » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:05 pm

azcatz11 wrote:

What does Lebron have to do with him as a prospect though? I'm all about the Lebron slander but this board doesn't feel appropriate for that kind of conversation IMO

This forum is literally called "NBA Draft" ... so this is going to be relevant to the draft. It's all part of the discussion.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:16 pm

Big J wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

This forum is literally called "NBA Draft" ... so this is going to be relevant to the draft. It's all part of the discussion.

Again the title of the thread is "Why is there no Bronny thread?"

We're telling you why there isn't one. He's 2 classes away. Check the top 10 guys for the upcoming class, how many of them have individual threads for them? So ya not shocking a non top 50 recruit from 2 years out doesn't have his own thread.

I don't think anyone is telling you that you can't make one. Just don't expect it to be a popular topic on here. Again most people come here to breakdown legit prospects for the upcoming draft. Not talking about the off court drama of a player that skill wise isn't a NBA prospect for a draft 3 drafts from now.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#14 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:29 pm

because we like to have serious conversations here
Big J
General Manager

Post#15 » by Big J » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:41 pm

clyde21 wrote:

because we like to have serious conversations here

SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#16 » by SeattleJazzFan » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:54 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:

That is literally the entire point of the draft board. The lack of idiotic threads is one of the reasons why the draft board is my favorite place on here.

This is the place where people come to talk about the legit NBA pro prospects. We break down players games.

What you're describing is more of a GB topic. I'll stop right here because I don't want to do any backseat modding.

Just saying that is why there is no Bronny thread and why a Bronny thread probably wont gain any traction on the draft board. The people in here tend to want to talk about NBA prospect's games. Not dumb drama stuff.

Well said. There is nothing to talk about beyond, “my guess is he goes top 10 assuming Lebron is still really good in 2024.”

That’s the end of the discussion.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,030

Post#17 » by zimpy27 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:32 pm

Not enough competition to properly evaluate him yet.

He will be drafted because of LeBron but honestly, I have no idea how good or bad he actually is.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#18 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:23 am

Big J wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

It really seems like you're trying to tell all the people on this board what they should want to discuss here. The regulars didn't make a thread because they aren't interested, because it's not really interesting until we know if LeBron is actually still around and desirable at that point.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,583

Post#19 » by MemphisX » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:59 am

This board said LaMelo was not a serious draft candidate too. So it is funny seeing him being the 4th youngest All Star in NBA history.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#20 » by CptCrunch » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:28 am

Brony is at the ranks where there is a 50/50 chance he makes the NBA as a 2nd rounder after 3-4 years.

Anyone drafting him basically wants LeBron on a minimum salary contract if Bron wants to steep that low with effectively tampering.

Return to NBA Draft