Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,135

Re: Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny? 

Post#381 » by rk2023 » Mon Jul 3, 2023 1:43 pm

deepeeenn wrote:Curious, is Bronny a trade asset?

Does a team that’s in position to draft him see him more as a trade asset if the idea is that he could help bring Lebron to the team that hold his draft rights?

Realistically, could you see a team doing that?

Unsure if a team would value the package of a then 39 year-old James and Bronny who projects to be a slightly out of lottery guy that much.
Mogspan wrote:I think they see the super rare combo of high IQ with freakish athleticism and overrate the former a bit, kind of like a hot girl who is rather articulate being thought of as “super smart.” I don’t know kind of a weird analogy, but you catch my drift.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#382 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat Jul 8, 2023 11:17 am

it's funny how much hate Bronny gets and how much people claim if he wasn't Lebron's son he would be a middling prospect yet many don't say that about Bryce who actually fits that description better. Bryce is not an NBA caliber prospect. He's actually the one getting by due to his Dad's name. He's just so unnatural and slow-footed. His shot looks wonky and he's a slow-twitch athlete with average size and length.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,413

Post#383 » by azcatz11 » Sat Jul 8, 2023 4:12 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:it's funny how much hate Bronny gets and how much people claim if he wasn't Lebron's son he would be a middling prospect yet many don't say that about Bryce who actually fits that description better. Bryce is not an NBA caliber prospect. He's actually the one getting by due to his Dad's name. He's just so unnatural and slow-footed. His shot looks wonky and he's a slow-twitch athlete with average size and length.

Interesting - everyone says the opposite
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,477

Post#384 » by Big J » Sat Jul 8, 2023 7:18 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:it's funny how much hate Bronny gets and how much people claim if he wasn't Lebron's son he would be a middling prospect yet many don't say that about Bryce who actually fits that description better. Bryce is not an NBA caliber prospect. He's actually the one getting by due to his Dad's name. He's just so unnatural and slow-footed. His shot looks wonky and he's a slow-twitch athlete with average size and length.

Agreed, Bryce doesn't have his dad's athleticism, nor the it factor of Bronny. I think he's just being overrated because guys want to be the first ones to say they thought he would be good.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#385 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:40 am

Scary and tough break. I'm assuming his playing career is over. I can't see any parent supporting their child to continue playing with the threat of death looming over them. Bronny is set for life and he'll just need to pivot and apply all that hard work to something else he finds fulfilling.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,435

Post#386 » by zimpy27 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:24 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:Scary and tough break. I'm assuming his playing career is over. I can't see any parent supporting their child to continue playing with the threat of death looming over them. Bronny is set for life and he'll just need to pivot and apply all that hard work to something else he finds fulfilling.

He's 18 now isn't he?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,429

Post#387 » by SeattleJazzFan » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:00 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:Scary and tough break. I'm assuming his playing career is over. I can't see any parent supporting their child to continue playing with the threat of death looming over them. Bronny is set for life and he'll just need to pivot and apply all that hard work to something else he finds fulfilling.

i imagine it's his choice with or without his parents' support.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#388 » by EvanZ » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:39 pm

Huh? Keyontae Johnson had something similar as is still playing. Might want to take a breath before ending someone's career.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,274

Post#389 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:14 pm

Keyontae's dad isn't a billionaire

yes, it matters...just not worth it for Bronny to take that risk, and it's crappy to say this now but not like he was very good. he should take care of himself and he can find many other ways to carry on his father's legacy.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,429

Post#390 » by SeattleJazzFan » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:56 pm

clyde21 wrote:Keyontae's dad isn't a billionaire

yes, it matters...just not worth it for Bronny to take that risk, and it's crappy to say this now but not like he was very good. he should take care of himself and he can find many other ways to carry on his father's legacy.

agree with you. 100% on all counts - 1) that it absolutely makes a difference that his dad is a billionaire and 2) because of that fact that he isn't very good, he should find something else to do.

Bronny may not agree. only he can decide whether or not it's worth the risk.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#391 » by azcatz11 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:28 pm

MJs sons are degenerates. Bronny doesn’t want to follow in that path…opening a failed shoe store isn’t going to advance his cause
clyde21
RealGM

Post#392 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:34 pm

azcatz11 wrote:

MJs sons are degenerates. Bronny doesn’t want to follow in that path…opening a failed shoe store isn’t going to advance his cause

so his options are either risk dying on a basketball court so he can be a 9th man on an NBA roster or be a degenerate?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#393 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:40 pm

Bronny's enrolled at USC, he should just get a legit economics or business degree from there and help his dad build his empire post NBA...

heart aint a joke, an 18 yr old is not supposed to have a cardiac arrest...literally 0 reason he should play bball at a high level again. he can find many other passions in life especially with the resources he has at his disposal.
itsxtray
Senior
And1: 460

Post#394 » by itsxtray » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:47 pm

Before declaring his career over you should all watch this video, it explains the situation very well. Whether he has to hang it up depends entirely on the reason he suffered cardiac arrest in the first place:

azcatz11
RealGM

Post#395 » by azcatz11 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:57 pm

clyde21 wrote:Bronny's enrolled at USC, he should just get a legit economics or business degree from there and help his dad build his empire post NBA...

heart aint a joke, an 18 yr old is not supposed to have a cardiac arrest...literally 0 reason he should play bball at a high level again. he can find many other passions in life especially with the resources he has at his disposal.

He could have the episode again doing anything. If he’s cleared he should play. There’s inherent risk in anything in life
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach

Post#396 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:47 am

he'S nOt rEalLy gOod :lol: . We're still on that huh? This place never ceases to amaze me. It sucks that he may never be able to prove haters wrong and they'll chirp this dumb narrative in perpetuity now :noway:
Big J
General Manager

Post#397 » by Big J » Wed Aug 2, 2023 10:08 pm

I'm guessing that the heart stuff is PED related, so all he has to do is go off that **** and get back at it.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#398 » by EvanZ » Wed Aug 2, 2023 10:20 pm

Big J wrote:I'm guessing that the heart stuff is PED related, so all he has to do is go off that **** and get back at it.

I doubt he's on PED's. He's got good genetics (obviously), not really that big given his frame. This is not some 250 pound tren monster.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Big J
General Manager

Post#399 » by Big J » Wed Aug 2, 2023 11:16 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:I'm guessing that the heart stuff is PED related, so all he has to do is go off that **** and get back at it.

I doubt he's on PED's. He's got good genetics (obviously), not really that big given his frame. This is not some 250 pound tren monster.

His dad is a notorious PED user. I'm positive he's on a **** ton of stuff. Not everyone on PEDs is jacked.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#400 » by EvanZ » Thu Aug 3, 2023 1:38 pm

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

His dad is a notorious PED user. I'm positive he's on a **** ton of stuff. Not everyone on PEDs is jacked.

He's 6'3" 180, if he's on PED's they've expired :lol:

Return to NBA Draft