Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Re: Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny? 

Post#421 » by EvanZ » Fri Aug 4, 2023 7:27 pm

ItsDanger wrote:PEDs are tied to increase risk of cardiomyopathy. Anyone here claiming otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

Literally nobody is claiming otherwise.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#422 » by EvanZ » Fri Aug 4, 2023 7:27 pm

Big J wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:
PED testing in the NBA is a joke. Everyone knows this. You think the league wants Bron to get outed for testing positive for roids? Also, these guys have drug manufacturers that can change the tiniest molecules of a PED to make it undetectable by the silly little tests the NBA does.

Welp, there it is. Conspiracy theory confirmed. As long as your cards are on the table.

Lol, are you being paid by Adam Silver? This is pretty much agreed upon by most people who know the league.

No, it's not.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,704

Post#423 » by azcatz11 » Fri Aug 4, 2023 10:11 pm

EvanZ wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:PEDs are tied to increase risk of cardiomyopathy. Anyone here claiming otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

You’ve been implying it. People are rightly calling you out
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#424 » by EvanZ » Fri Aug 4, 2023 10:59 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

You’ve been implying it. People are rightly calling you out

I literally have not implied it even once.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#425 » by EvanZ » Fri Aug 4, 2023 11:04 pm

Maybe I need to teach some basic logic here. You see a lot of people take PED's. But only a small percentage of people taking PEDs actually have adverse heart events. So while it may and most likely is the case that taking PED's increases your chance of having heart events, that does not mean 100% of people taking PEDs will.

It also doesn't mean that anyone who ever has a heart event took PED's. That's not how it works. There are other potential causes for people to have heart attacks even at that age. Hank Gathers had a heart attack 30 years ago. Don't think anyone ever said he was on PEDs.

There are many things that cause many things. You can't just assume (which is all people here have been doing) that a) Bronny is taking PEDs and b) even if he was taking PEDs that's why he had a heart attack. It doesn't work like this. It just doesn't.

Sorry, folks. That's how logic works. I know it's not how conspiracy theories work, but that stuff is for dummies.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#426 » by EvanZ » Fri Aug 4, 2023 11:11 pm

Read and learn. Nothing about PEDs in here.

https://www.utphysicians.com/what-to-know-about-sudden-cardiac-arrest-in-young-athletes/

What is the reality here that some don't seem to comprehend is that the overwhelming probability is that Bronny had some congenital heart issue that caused this.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,102
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#427 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Aug 7, 2023 2:07 am

Not all PEDs cause heart issues anyway. Their are like a bazillion different steroid and other PED combos now. Y'all are living the 90's drug war myths big time here lol.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,388

Post#428 » by SeattleJazzFan » Mon Aug 7, 2023 5:32 pm

EvanZ wrote:Clearly the understanding of PEDs here is bordering on comical.

First of all the NBA randomly tests throughout the season for steroids. Second, you don't have to be a rich NBA player, let alone LeBron, to get access to high quality steroids. Millions and millions of gym bros (and ladies) in America are on gear. It's easy AF to get access to. Third, the idea that literally it's only LeBron on roids and not Steph, Giannis....they'd all be on it. Fourth, you literally just have to look at guys like Chet, Poku, etc. who would clearly benefit the most from PEDs and yet they remain "hard gainers" for life. You don't think Poku and Chet would be on gear if they could get it so easily? Of course they would.

So yeah, if you're going to come at Bronny accusing him of PED's because you think his dad is on PED's you have a burden of proof. So far, I have seen literally ZERO proof. ZEEEEEEEERO.

this is a great post and needed to be said.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,100

Post#429 » by ItsDanger » Tue Aug 8, 2023 6:49 pm

No proof he didn't use them either. ZERO.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#430 » by EvanZ » Tue Aug 8, 2023 7:35 pm

ItsDanger wrote:No proof he didn't use them either. ZERO.

LMAO

No proof I'm not Jesus. Therefore I'm Jesus. :lol: :banghead:

It's hilarious to see a post like yours that is completely unironic. Do you not realize the logical fallacy you are making here? In science you can only falsify hypotheses. You can't prove a negative (eg someone is not taking anything). I can't prove time travel doesn't exist. Therefore it exists? Nah man, that's not how this works. Nice try though.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#431 » by EvanZ » Tue Aug 8, 2023 7:36 pm

This is, btw, why we are presumed innocent until proven guilty. You heard of that before?
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,704

Post#432 » by azcatz11 » Tue Aug 8, 2023 7:40 pm

EvanZ wrote:This is, btw, why we are presumed innocent until proven guilty. You heard of that before?

Why don’t you tell us what happened? Sounds like you know the entire story?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#433 » by EvanZ » Tue Aug 8, 2023 10:32 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:This is, btw, why we are presumed innocent until proven guilty. You heard of that before?

Why don’t you tell us what happened? Sounds like you know the entire story?

Are you so daft that you have entirely missed the whole point?

NOBODY knows the entire story. Not even his doctors. But oh sure, RealGM is on the case! Everyone is a PEDetective. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#434 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:32 am

Cardiomyopathy is expected to effect between 1 in 200 to 1 in 500 people. Is there proof that more basketball players are effected than 1-200?

If the default is to assume NBA players are on PEDs, which is not unreasonable, you have to apply it to all NBA players from probably the 70’s and 80’s onward.

We’re not seeing players rushed off the court at a rate of higher than 1-200 to 1-500, are we?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#435 » by EvanZ » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:19 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Cardiomyopathy is expected to effect between 1 in 200 to 1 in 500 people. Is there proof that more basketball players are effected than 1-200?

If the default is to assume NBA players are on PEDs, which is not unreasonable, you have to apply it to all NBA players from probably the 70’s and 80’s onward.

We’re not seeing players rushed off the court at a rate of higher than 1-200 to 1-500, are we?

There's some selection bias here. There have been players that have never made it to the NBA because their heart issues were already detected. Plenty of those. Bronny may be another.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#436 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:05 pm

EvanZ wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Cardiomyopathy is expected to effect between 1 in 200 to 1 in 500 people. Is there proof that more basketball players are effected than 1-200?

There's some selection bias here. There have been players that have never made it to the NBA because their heart issues were already detected. Plenty of those. Bronny may be another.

Then apply it to all basketball from high school up.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#437 » by EvanZ » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:46 pm

EvanZ wrote:Read and learn. Nothing about PEDs in here.

https://www.utphysicians.com/what-to-know-about-sudden-cardiac-arrest-in-young-athletes/

What is the reality here that some don't seem to comprehend is that the overwhelming probability is that Bronny had some congenital heart issue that caused this.

Who could have seen it coming?

https://theathletic.com/4806841/2023/08/25/bronny-james-cardiac-arrest-cause/?source=user_shared_article
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,208

Post#438 » by clyde21 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:56 am

i don't understand how this wasn't found out earlier? assuming LeBron's kid will be getting checked up regularly.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,448

Post#439 » by Big J » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:13 am

EvanZ wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Read and learn. Nothing about PEDs in here.

Who could have seen it coming?

https://theathletic.com/4806841/2023/08/25/bronny-james-cardiac-arrest-cause/?source=user_shared_article

Lol, suuuure it's all congenital. You did read that press statement came from someone in Bron's camp right?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#440 » by EvanZ » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:54 am

Sigh.

Return to NBA Draft